• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Did he by any chance pick up his injury while lingering on the ball while someone closed in from behind ?

He's been robbed that way so often for us, and an injury while being robbed was inevitable.

Did he by any chance pick up his injury while lingering on the ball while someone closed in from behind ?

He's been robbed that way so often for us, and an injury while being robbed was inevitable.

No, he was tackled head on by a central defender as he was taking the ball past him.

oh well, it happens.

perhaps this is the opportunity:
- for eriksen to spend more time in the gym in an effort to gain more bulk
- avb to have a less of a headache in player selection
- for other players to really get more game time to shine

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's flogged off in January and tbh it's better for his career if he leaves. He'll rarely get a chance and when he does he'll be restricted to what he can and cannot do due to our squad philosophy of playing things simple and not to being able to express yourself.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's flogged off in January and tbh it's better for his career if he leaves. He'll rarely get a chance and when he does he'll be restricted to what he can and cannot do due to our squad philosophy of playing things simple and not to being able to express yourself.

Behave yourself young man, do you not remember how average berbatov and modric both looked at the start with us. Eriksen may turn out to be crap, average or good but far to soon to tell. As for his limited chances with us that has more to do with a coach who does not know his **** from his elbow.

Behave yourself young man, do you not remember how average berbatov and modric both looked at the start with us. Eriksen may turn out to be crap, average or good but far to soon to tell. As for his limited chances with us that has more to do with a coach who does not know his **** from his elbow.

I think you might need to catch up on the Lamela thread.

I think that the reason that so many teams play with inverted wingers now is that it is thought to harder to defend again. This Jonathan Wilson article on inverted wingers has been posted on here several times but does a good job of explaining why they have become so popular.

and look at the pic of the player at the top of the article used as an example of how the inverted winger can work successfully

says it all

If you think there's an issue with a post there's always the Report function. You don't have to do it with this one as I have already raised the issue and am awaiting feedback from some of the other admins.

If you think there's an issue with a post there's always the Report function. You don't have to do it with this one as I have already raised the issue and am awaiting feedback from some of the other admins.

Tbh it shouldn't need me to report it as it was clear you understood exactly what he did (and you also knew i stated we should ignore eachother in the other thread to diffuse any potential future argument).

If I'm being told to give posts about Lamela a rest (which was a perfectly reasonable request as it was in the wrong thread) then i expect the same treatment from someone that persists with directing **** at me.

Tbh it shouldn't need me to report it as it was clear you understood exactly what he did (and you also knew i stated we should ignore eachother in the other thread to diffuse any potential future argument).

If I'm being told to give posts about Lamela a rest (which was a perfectly reasonable request as it was in the wrong thread) then i expect the same treatment from someone that persists with directing **** at me.

KD, please don't take this thread further off topic by discussing how we moderate this site. PM one of us if you would like to discuss it.

Returning to Eriksen, it's good in a way. He looked unsure and a wee bit slow to react when facing up to some of the more blood-and-thunder style closing down in recent games, and a three to four month layoff (it's never what they initially say it is)will help him bulk up a bit and get up to speed with the undoubtedly bruising nature of the PL. It will also keep him fresh for the run-in.

We have a like-for-like substitution in Holtby: play him instead and give him time to analyze and memorize the runs of his team-mates.

Returning to Eriksen, it's good in a way. He looked unsure and a wee bit slow to react when facing up to some of the more blood-and-thunder style closing down in recent games, and a three to four month layoff (it's never what they initially say it is)will help him bulk up a bit and get up to speed with the undoubtedly bruising nature of the PL. It will also keep him fresh for the run-in.

We have a like-for-like substitution in Holtby: play him instead and give him time to analyze and memorize the runs of his team-mates.

I disagree that this is good in any way. He won't adapt any better by being injured and not playing. If anything, I think it will slow down his progress, and a three-four month layoff will mean we probably won't see the best of him until next season, IMO. I think Eriksen has already shown improvement this season, ad would have continued to improve with more game time.

Holtby is a good substitution, and like-for-like at the moment, but in my very humble opinoin Eriksen has by far the most potential of the two in that position. I think it's more likely we'll see Holtby being moved on in a season or two rather than Eriksen.

Back