• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

My name is Nicola Berti
I'm aged around thirty
I come from a team in Milan - INTER!!
When I walk down the street
All the people I meet
They say, Hey gorgeous, what's your name?!
My.... name.... is.... Nicola Berti....

and so on.

Oh yes, one of my favorites...a time when pure wit and 'terrace' ingenuity was of amazing importance given the absolute doldrums we were slogging through...quality!

Oh yes, one of my favorites...a time when pure wit and 'terrace' ingenuity was of amazing importance given the absolute doldrums we were slogging through...quality!

It's been a very long time since we've had a good new song.

It's easier to impose yourself on a game as a CM than a #10, if the rest of the team can't get the ball to Eriksen and the forward players then it's not really their fault. Whilst I don't think Eriksen was massively involved yesterday, he did cross for Vertonghen's goal and put Lennon through and Defoe in twice, so it was a case of effectiveness over involvement.

Exactly. What can he do if people don't give him the ball? He tried to come deeper on occasion to get more involved, it's not like he just stood up top shrugging his shoulders waiting for the ball. I like Holtby and he's done well so far this season, but I don't see what Eriksen has done wrong either besides some quiet spells in some games. I really hope he isn't the new Van Der Vaart in the sense that he gets subbed after 70 minutes if we're not winning.

Our midfield pair need to trust him with the ball more. He was free or half free on numerous occasions last night and they choose the safe option. This understanding or lack thereof is the missing ingredient in our team play for me.

He put in one superb ball in the first half from out wide, can't believe no one got on the end of it.

Why is he preferred to Holtby?

Eriksen has 5 league games, Holtby has 3. I think overall Eriksen has done more in the league for us than Holtby. Although Holtby was really good in a couple of EL games.

I think both have been given a fair number of games and neither have made the place in the team their own so far.

Unlikely to happen whilst AVB is in charge but i reckon he could potentially do rather well in the 'Modric role', sitting deep and orchestrating the play. The only concern i'd have with him in that role would be his willingness to press and his overall work-rate.

Judging from certain performances he has shown so far, granted they have been few and far between, i'm still fairly confident he'll come good in whatever position he ends up playing in.

Unlikely to happen whilst AVB is in charge but i reckon he could potentially do rather well in the 'Modric role', sitting deep and orchestrating the play. The only concern i'd have with him in that role would be his willingness to press and his overall work-rate.

Judging from certain performances he has shown so far, granted they have been few and far between, i'm still fairly confident he'll come good in whatever position he ends up playing in.

Although he might end up there in time I think it's unlikely and I don't think he's anywhere near good enough defensively at this point to play there. Holtby seems like a much more obvious option for that position.

Eriksen also has a cracking shot with both feet and is partly because of this more suited to the more advanced role than Modric was.

Yeah, i share the same concern with the defensive side of his game, i'm just desperate for someone with half a brain to get things moving from deep a lot sooner.

Yeah, i share the same concern with the defensive side of his game, i'm just desperate for someone with half a brain to get things moving from deep a lot sooner.

Like Lamela did from the left against Sheriff you mean? Yeah, something like that would be good. Or instead of something like that exactly that would be good ;)

That must be it. At least his corners are better than Townsend's though.

Uhhh, what? I agree that Eriksen's freekicks have been pretty good, but his corners have been just atrocious. Out of all the corners he's hit, I can only remember one or two becoming a chance. His corners are amongst the worst I've ever seen anyone do in a Spurs jersey so far. But I thought Eriksen was pretty good today, moved the ball quickly. Should've scored early in the second half though, can't believe he didn't just bang that into the net.

Why is he preferred to Holtby?

Because he is a better player and creates more?

He is at least more like the kind of player we need in that role however he seems really off the pace and maybe low on confidence!!!

Holtby spends a lot of time chasing and harassing and I really like him but he is not a 10 against quality opposition IMO

9 - Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Christian Eriksen created nine chances for his teammates; more than any player in a single game this season. Spurned.

He put in one superb ball in the first half from out wide, can't believe no one got on the end of it.

wow that was a beauty...Soldado could have flung himself at that ball and any decent contact would have led to an impossible to make save from Krul :)

Back