• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

oh and cant believe eriksen didnt bury that chance in the second half....should have slotted it into the corner

Why is he preferred to Holtby?

Holtby has the problem that he looks good in EL games, but in the PL he doesnt have the same amount of time and space to make things happen

both Holtby and Eriksen, oh and Lamela and Townsend, are still very young...All are playing their first full PL season. if we can keep them all, in 2 or 3 seasons we could be something special

9 - Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Christian Eriksen created nine chances for his teammates; more than any player in a single game this season. Spurned.

Impressive stat. Really tells you what you need to know about this guy. Need to start a few games now.

Impressive stat. Really tells you what you need to know about this guy. Need to start a few games now.

I agree we need to back this guy and keep playing him.. Loads of talent and will come good. I would have Lamela right, Eriksen central and Townsend left.. Or Towsend right, Lamela central and Eriksen left and just let them interchange..

Just been awarded the Danish footballer of the year award in Copenhagen =D>

es9x.jpg

Uhhh, what? I agree that Eriksen's freekicks have been pretty good, but his corners have been just atrocious. Out of all the corners he's hit, I can only remember one or two becoming a chance. His corners are amongst the worst I've ever seen anyone do in a Spurs jersey so far. But I thought Eriksen was pretty good today, moved the ball quickly. Should've scored early in the second half though, can't believe he didn't just bang that into the net.

Did you see Townsend's corner? Awful!

full backs will be pushing forward - Dembele/Paulhino (depending which starts) should get forward as well. plus the 3 forwards already in front - sounds like plenty of people for Eriksen to feed/play off of to me. Lamela seems more team orientated than Bale of last season from what i have heard so i imagine we'll be seeing some good inter play between the two.

i remember this post.

hasnt quite worked out that way. up AVB to unleash the hounds

9 - Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Christian Eriksen created nine chances for his teammates; more than any player in a single game this season. Spurned.

And what is quite remarkable about this is that, overall, I don't think Eriksen played *that* well in this game. . Think it's a combination of finding his feet in a new league, in a new team which is in its infancy (and struggling offensively), and the fact he is trying things, which will lead to a degree of inconsistency.

He flitted in and out of the match... corners were poor.... But u can see his talent, and he tries things, as you can tell by this stat. I think if (big IF currently) we can really step up our offensive game and let this guy have the freedom (and let his confidence flourish) to play his game he's gonna be a big hit for us.

And what is quite remarkable about this is that, overall, I don't think Eriksen played *that* well in this game. . Think it's a combination of finding his feet in a new league, in a new team which is in its infancy (and struggling offensively), and the fact he is trying things, which will lead to a degree of inconsistency.

He flitted in and out of the match... corners were poor.... But u can see his talent, and he tries things, as you can tell by this stat. I think if (big IF currently) we can really step up our offensive game and let this guy have the freedom (and let his confidence flourish) to play his game he's gonna be a big hit for us.

it's a bit of a **** stat though as 4 of those were from set pieces.

Christian Eriksen says he's hoping to get more game time for Tottenham in the coming months as he trys to prove himself to Andre Villas-Boas in the Europa League.

Eriksen quickly became a fan favourite at White Hart Lane after making a positive debut on the back of a summer move to Spurs, but the playmaker has been struggling for consistent game time as Villas-Boas experiments with his midfield line-up.

A host of players in the middle of the park have found a starting berth particularly difficult to secure and though Eriksen admits he's found it disappointing to be left on the sidelines, he wants to prove to Villas-Boas he's worthy of a place in the side.

"I'm trying to show myself off in the Europa League for the chance to play in the Premier League," he told Bold.dk. "It's gone well. It's a slight disappointment not to play, but it's part of it when there are so many players."

Eriksen has been touted for big things with Tottenham after making the move from Ajax to the Premier League. The 21 year old was courted by a number of clubs in England but was always adamant that he wanted to find a team where he would continue to get time on the pitch.

The Dane had a trial at Chelsea as a teenager but the management felt they had a similar player in Josh McEachren who is still struggling for game time with the Blues while Eriksen led Ajax to three titles as well as winning the Dutch Cup and the Dutch Football Talent of the Year.

And while his frustrations at not playing in every league game don't appear to be alarming at this stage it will certainly be a tough task for Villas-Boas to keep all of his midfielders happy this season.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/521578/20131112/tottenham-christian-eriksen-europa-league-game-time.htm

The full quotes were:

On starting against Saudi Sportswashing Machine: It was new and also a bit of a surprise. I didn't expect it, but I tried to seize the opportunity. We have a lot of players, so it depends on what the coach thinks and who does well right up until.

I guess he's talking about training in the last bit there.

We play so many matches, so half the team, those that have played at the weekend, don't train properly. When there's so many good players and so many matches there's a lot of changes made.

I try to show what I can do in the Europa League in order to get a chance in the Premier League. It's gone well. It's a slight disappointment not to play, but it's part of the game when there's so many players.

it's a bit of a **** stat though as 4 of those were from set pieces.

ah really... well fair enough. But 5 is still pretty good from open play. I wonder if it counts that amazing cross he pinged in where no-one anticipated/gambled. That type of thing is pretty hard to gauge via stats though I suppose

ah really... well fair enough. But 5 is still pretty good from open play. I wonder if it counts that amazing cross he pinged in where no-one anticipated/gambled. That type of thing is pretty hard to gauge via stats though I suppose

I imagine that will be one, what a damn ball that was

I imagine that will be one, what a damn ball that was

Fantastic ball (where was Soldado?), but it won't count as one of the nine chances created. By 'chances created' they mean 'key passes', which in turn means 'last pass that leads to a shot'. Which is why I'm not really a fan of the stat, as you can get a key pass for passing 5 yards to a player who then beats his man and blasts it over from 30 yards. And given how often we do shoot from outside the area, the stat is particularly dodgy IMO.

i remember this post.

hasnt quite worked out that way. up AVB to unleash the hounds

i think Paulhino, Walker and Rose have proven to play how i presumed there and i have little doubt once Lamela and Eriksen are fully up to speed i'll be proven correct entirely ;)

Back