• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Got a goal and two assists tonight in a 3-3 draw.

Two corners and then a nice shot from long range. I watched most of the game, albeit with one eye, but he didn't really stand out that much to be honest. The man who did however, and should be playing for a 8-20 placed Premier League team is Heerenveen's Alfreð Finnbogason. Remember that name. ;)

Two corners and then a nice shot from long range. I watched most of the game, albeit with one eye, but he didn't really stand out that much to be honest. The man who did however, and should be playing for a 8-20 placed Premier League team is Heerenveen's Alfreð Finnbogason. Remember that name. ;)

Not an easy thing to do.

Last edited:
I watched Eriksen closely against Feyenoord last Sunday, and I have to say he didnt look that good at all. I could be wrong, but I really dont think he will be strenghtening us much - if at all.

For those that have seen a significant amount of Eriksen, how much better is he than Chadli (if at all)?

I haven't seen a good deal of either but the Dutch guy they have on talk sport said that Chadli was the best player in the Eiredivisie in his opinion so he obviously reckons Chadli is better. From what I have seen of Eriksen I haven't been impressed. No better than Sig

The source is De Telegraph in the Netherlands, who are generally supposed to be pretty reliable. I can see this happening, because he is available cheap, but is seen as a good prospect its a typical Levy signing - get a player in just before his contract runs down, then he either works out or you can sell him on for profit very quickly (see also Tainio, Malbranque, Pienaar, Holtby and now Eriksen?)

Can see us buying him from Ajax for about £7-8m then him not setting the world alight then we flog him to Sunderland for £15m.

I haven't seen a good deal of either but the Dutch guy they have on talk sport said that Chadli was the best player in the Eiredivisie in his opinion so he obviously reckons Chadli is better. From what I have seen of Eriksen I haven't been impressed. No better than Sig

Agree.

Eriksen is not even the best left-sided Danish attacker at Ajax (Fischer is).

Not sure about this one; reminds me of Jonathan Blondel for some reason! Would prefer it if we spent more and bought someone more proven.

Am not too concerned about his size given that many small players have succeeded in the PL (Zola, Juninho etc) and the PL today is more non-tackling and less physical than ever. My main concern is that he isn't able to contribute to the first 11 meaningfully this year and based on our opening games we have a real void in that 'no 10' role - its not Dembele's position, Siggy has barely had a decent game since he arrived (and certainly hasn't had any outstanding games),...we don't really have anyone for that position in the 4-2-3-1 system

I see Eriksen only as a squad player, him and Gylfi and practically the same. Must mean that Gylfi is out...

Or we're just not actually interested in Eriksen.

Comparing the two, I think Eriksen is a little bit smarter on the ball, but he lacks Siggy's goal threat and size/strength. There's very little between the two though.

Not sure about this one; reminds me of Jonathan Blondel for some reason! Would prefer it if we spent more and bought someone more proven.

Am not too concerned about his size given that many small players have succeeded in the PL (Zola, Juninho etc) and the PL today is more non-tackling and less physical than ever. My main concern is that he isn't able to contribute to the first 11 meaningfully this year and based on our opening games we have a real void in that 'no 10' role - its not Dembele's position, Siggy has barely had a decent game since he arrived (and certainly hasn't had any outstanding games),...we don't really have anyone for that position in the 4-2-3-1 system

The only hope we have at "10" is Holtby, its our problem position at the moment, I am sure we are working on it.

I still think we're going to go 4-3-3, but can't till we have a creative left forward. Going for Willian still suggests this is AVB's plan.

I therefore can't see us going for a ballplaying #8 like Eriksen. Rather we'll go for someone more Willian-like (Griezmann/Muniain/Draxler/Fischer/Dzagoev/Turam etc).

In that formation Paulinho/Siggy are perfectly suited to playing the most advanced of the CM trio.

Daily Mail: Tottenham are making a move for Danish wonderkid Christian Eriksen and have made an initial £8m bid, but Ajax are believed to be holding out for £12m.

I haven't seen a lot of this guy, but what I have seen has been rather unimpressive. I'll bow to the committee's greater wisdom if they do go for him, but this smells like a Levy purchase to me and he'll flip him on in a season or two for twice the price.

OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan 2m
68 - In 98 Eredivisie games for Ajax, @ChrisEriksen8 has been directly involved in 68 goals (25 goals, 43 assists). Irreplaceable?

I haven't seen a lot of this guy, but what I have seen has been rather unimpressive. I'll bow to the committee's greater wisdom if they do go for him, but this smells like a Levy purchase to me and he'll flip him on in a season or two for twice the price.

My sentiments exactly.

Yeah, he'd definitely be a committee signing. Another Pienaar style square peg that doesn't address any particular pressing need.

Back