• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen will be our best signing of the summer, hope it happens. A versatile creative player? Yeah, we have no need for one of those :rolleyes:

Actually I do think we have a need for a number 10 or a wide creative player but I'm just not sure Eriksen is up to it. Mind you, I thought Ibrahimovich was **** for a long time so what do I know.

Christian Eriksen: Only Ibrahimovic picked up more assists per game than Eriksen (0.67) in last season's Champions League

Pretty misleading stat as a lot of players played more games and meaning there stats aren't really comparable.

Eriksen will be our best signing of the summer, hope it happens. A versatile creative player? Yeah, we have no need for one of those :rolleyes:

Siggy? Holtby?

The former is very similar to Eriksen and the latter has much more potential.

Actually I do think we have a need for a number 10 or a wide creative player but I'm just not sure Eriksen is up to it. Mind you, I thought Ibrahimovich was **** for a long time so what do I know.

Eriksen isn't really either of those though. He's more a classic #8.

Fischer is Ajax's creative wide/floating into #10 player.

The thing is GB, you're basing your opinion on two or three games at Euro 2012 and have been repeating it ever since, so me arguing your point seems a bit futile.

Is Eriksen at all pacey enough to play that cutting in from the left role that Willian would have played? Not that you need to be pacey to go on the outside, but you do need to be a bit nimble as well as possessing the goal threat to make an impact from one of those positions. We simply don't need him for the number 8 role with Sig and Paulinho.

And if not Eriksen for that role, then who?

I have not been impressed at all with Eriksen the few games I've seen him play (only about 4-5 though). But the Champions League stats are pretty impressive, and so are his stats in Holland, so who knows? I know he's highly rated, just haven't seen anything impressive by him personally.

Agree.

Eriksen is not even the best left-sided Danish attacker at Ajax (Fischer is).
:eek: :ross:

I'm an Ajax fan, just had to sign up when I saw that comment. How can you claim Fischer is better than Eriksen? Beyond ridiculous mate.
Eriksen is by far our best player and him staying or going will probably decide the dutch championship. Fischer is a nice talent but right now he's an average winger at best. Has been our worst player this season so far.

Didn't Eriksen's agent say earlier this month that he would only go to teams in the CL or who are posing a domestic title challenge? And that he's willing to stay at Ajax for another year if necessary?

I think he turned down Leverkusen earlier this window as well.

Our team will have to do a job to convince him that a) we're title contenders and b) he will be a regular starter here, which he does seem to be genuinely concerned with.

From what I've seen of him, he has an incredible amount of talent but is still quite inconsistent. So perhaps not quite the finished product we were expecting from our 1st choice (who I assume to have been Willian) but for 12 million? Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Eriksen hasn't been great for Denmark. But I don't think that is a good place to judge him, he's carrying the hopes of a nation on his still very young shoulders.

I have some major concerns about Eriksen.

First, he was 21 in February. So he's getting on a bit.

Second, he has played 112 times for Ajax, scoring 25 goals, and has 37 senior caps for Denmark. Those stats say just one thing to me: he must have bunked off school a hell of a lot. Sounds like a disciplinary nightmare in the making.

Third, Ajax has a long tradition of allowing second-grade hoofers onto their first team. Basically any jackass who shows up and runs around a bit can get a game with them (their scouting and coaching are well known to be embarrassingly sub-par).

Fourth, at 21 years of age Gareth Bale was the finished article. His decline only happened between the ages of 21 and 24. As they say, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

So there are troubling signs there for sure.

The thing is GB, you're basing your opinion on two or three games at Euro 2012 and have been repeating it ever since, so me arguing your point seems a bit futile.

He was shockingly bad at the Euros, and always is on the international stage.

I have seen a couple of Ajax CL games since, and while he's tidy, games just pass him by/he doesn't stamp any authority on matches.

Is Eriksen at all pacey enough to play that cutting in from the left role that Willian would have played? Not that you need to be pacey to go on the outside, but you do need to be a bit nimble as well as possessing the goal threat to make an impact from one of those positions. We simply don't need him for the number 8 role with Sig and Paulinho.

And if not Eriksen for that role, then who?

I wouldn't call him slow, but one-paced. He's nothing like Willian at all, he'd be similar to on the left to what we've seen of Siggy (decent, but not really ideal).

Proper alternatives to Willian for that role were discussed in the old Willian thread, but included:
- Griezmann
- Muniain
- Draxler
- Fischer
- Dzagoev
- Turan

Chief footballer writer at the Daily Mail:

Rob Draper ‏@draper_rob 1m
My info is that Eriksen to Spurs is now very close. As said on Sun, he is the Willian alternative/Bale replacement

[-o<

He was shockingly bad at the Euros, and always is on the international stage.

I have seen a couple of Ajax CL games since, and while he's tidy, games just pass him by/he doesn't stamp any authority on matches.

I wouldn't call him slow, but one-paced. He's nothing like Willian at all, he'd be similar to on the left to what we've seen of Siggy (decent, but not really ideal).

Proper alternatives to Willian for that role were discussed in the old Willian thread, but included:
- Griezmann
- Muniain
- Draxler
- Fischer
- Dzagoev
- Turan

I agree.

I think Nani is another out of favour player that would be a pretty damn good signing.

Remember, we've got some news from our man Ed Malyon on the potential signing of Christian Eriksen for Spurs.

Ed reports:

Franco Baldini and Daniel Levy are in Amsterdam today as Tottenham will look to continue their impressive transfer business this summer by signing another top-class midfielder.

MirrorSport understands that Lazio midfielder Hernanes , Valencia's Ever Banega and Christian Eriksen have been contacted by Spurs with a view to a quick move, and Eriksen is Baldini's number one target.

Chief footballer writer at the Daily Mail:

Rob Draper ‏@draper_rob 1m
My info is that Eriksen to Spurs is now very close. As said on Sun, he is the Willian alternative/Bale replacement

[-o<

Rossi - what do you see in him?

I just don't get what he's ever shown to suggest he'd be anywhere close to our starting 11.

IMO if we sign him it'll be purely for financial reasons - because he'll cost £5m and we'll get £10m for Siggy, then use the £5m made to strengthen elsewhere.

I have some major concerns about Eriksen.

First, he was 21 in February. So he's getting on a bit.

Second, he has played 112 times for Ajax, scoring 25 goals, and has 37 senior caps for Denmark. Those stats say just one thing to me: he must have bunked off school a hell of a lot. Sounds like a disciplinary nightmare in the making.

Third, Ajax has a long tradition of allowing second-grade hoofers onto their first team. Basically any jackass who shows up and runs around a bit can get a game with them (their scouting and coaching are well known to be embarrassingly sub-par).

Fourth, at 21 years of age Gareth Bale was the finished article. His decline only happened between the ages of 21 and 24. As they say, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

So there are troubling signs there for sure.

Very amusing! Made me laugh......thanks!

Back