• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

I GUARANTEE if Benteke played abroad and he possessed exactly the same attributes, scored exactly the same goals, assisted exactly how he does at Villa, around 80% of people that claim they don't want him would be all for the signing.

Christiano Bentekano from Sao paulo and it's a different story.

i think it's more the team and the system he is currently playing for than what he has shown himself that has people wary over him. for the most part people are asking if he can be as effective in a team which will have more possession and come up against more defensive set ups - which are all fair questions for people to raise

Sorry but I dont buy all this can he fit into a different system nonsense. Aston Villa do play football, and Benteke has movement its not like he just stands there waiting for the ball to be hoofed up to him then does the rest. He has pace, power,can finish and can assist too. What more do you want from a striker that is going to play in this amazing highly technical system that we are going to play? Is he going to suddenly convert into someone who can't move or loses the ability to pass a ball because he's playing with better footballers who enjoy more possession than Aston Villa? When you come up against teams that are more defensive minded you need a striker who can bully defenders to create space for others. Now who is capable of that I wonder....

you're going on like he's English and his name is Chris Bent.

He's a fudging belgian who are hot commodities right now, if people dont want him they dont want him. Glory glory, the home of no opinion

nah i think some even narrow down to whether the person plays in this league or not. This league isn't fancy enough for some who would rather we signed an unknown commodity simply because of his nationality, youtube clips and a few articles bigging the player up.

i think it's more the team and the system he is currently playing for than what he has shown himself that has people wary over him. for the most part people are asking if he can be as effective in a team which will have more possession and come up against more defensive set ups - which are all fair questions for people to raise

I don't think these questions are necessary. You can only score against what is put infront of you and he has a very good chance to goal conversion rate. He also doesn't seem to have trouble scoring and playing very well against the bigger teams ( my bet is if he didn't score against big clubs this would be what is used against him).

I don't think these questions are necessary. You can only score against what is put infront of you and he has a very good chance to goal conversion rate. He also doesn't seem to have trouble scoring and playing very well against the bigger teams ( my bet is if he didn't score against big clubs this would be what is used against him).

these types of questions are always necessary when signing players - same as if you're buying from a weaker league - have they shown the qualities to suggest they can adapt? Im not saying he can't or that he hasn't shown that he can btw just saying it's more than fair of people to ask and to hold it as a concern

Those on here that seem not to want Benteke and label him a potential "one season wonder" I was wondering what have you seen in his play to suggest that may be the case?

I personally like what I have seen of him with the various ways he has scored his goals, one touch finishes, holding off opponents and firing in, holding off opponents making space for himself and 'passing' the ball into the net, headers with a mixture of placement and power.

Would a price of £20m make less of a chance of being a 'one season wonder' than a £25m player? That's the feeling i'm getting reading on some of these posts.

Last edited:
The time for concerns should end......looks as if we are trying to do a deal. so lets have faith that baldy & levi & co know what they are doing........

imo it would be a catastrophe if we cant get this deal done and he went to le-arse or Chelsea.

come on people I hope you are 100% hoping and praying this deal gets done I know I am I want us as a club to be in a strong position for honours....this deal is a major step forward even if some have reservations or just don't see the goalscoring beast that is benteke.

The time for concerns should end......looks as if we are trying to do a deal. so lets have faith that baldy & levi & co know what they are doing........

imo it would be a catastrophe if we cant get this deal done and he went to le-arse or Chelsea.

come on people I hope you are 100% hoping and praying this deal gets done I know I am I want us as a club to be in a strong position for honours....this deal is a major step forward even if some have reservations or just don't see the goalscoring beast that is benteke.
I'm with you on this, what you have written in this thread is bang on to how I feel about this guy.

Room on your soap box for one more?

I'm with you on this, what you have written in this thread is bang on to how I feel about this guy.

Room on your soap box for one more?

absolutely, though in the grand scheme of things it probably wont make much of a difference in the final outcome....unless we can figure out where levy lives buy a microphone and either a. get arrested for being public nuisances or b. annoy levy so much that he pushes this deal through.

Bale & Benteke = Bed and effin breakfast.....we would be a force....please let the gods make this happen.

Those on here that seem not to want Benteke and label him a potential "one season wonder" I was wondering what have you seen in his play to suggest that may be the case?

I personally like what I have seen of him with the various ways he has scored his goals, one touch finishes, holding off opponents and firing in, holding off opponents making space for himself and 'passing' the ball into the net, headers with a mixture of placement and power.

Would a price of £20m make less of a chance of being a 'one season wonder' than a £25m player? That's the feeling i'm getting reading on some of these posts.

We won't know if he is a one season wonder or not until next season I guess. Maybe it will be with us, or not. I think anyone who has unwavering belief that he is a one season wonder is a fool, but so is anyone who thinks the total opposite. The truth is usually the most boring but repetitive option in these cases and that is you have a good player, on the top of their form have a great season. This may well be his golden season and he may never aspire to those heights again, especially in a league where he is now a known quantity and playing for a better team where he will no longer have the space or defenders on the back foot already when he receives the ball.

From what I've seen of him, it's too early to judge and therefore, like any purchase, it comes down to a calculated risk and how much that risk is worth. For me the risk of Benteke is worth £15m. Anything more than that and I'd be very sceptical.

I remember last Summer when Spurs fans were talking about us needing Demba Ba or Patinkle Cisse from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Both good players, but neither significantly superior (if superior at all) to Adebayor or Defoe.

In fact, if you look at the last few seasons for the top 5 goal scorers in the Premiership I see plenty of names that are good players but nothing I would regard as out of this world, and players that did it for only one season (but my word, they WERE brilliant that one season). And then you have a player like Darren Bent who despite being maligned by Spurs fans (somewhat justifiably because other than goals he brought very little to the side) who was a regular in the top 10 goalscoring charts from 05/06 to 10/11.

So in my opinion Benteke is worth a punt at £15m in case he is the next big thing. Anything more than that and its one hell of a risk and not one I'd be comfortable the club taking. Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd etc. can afford to blow £20m on a flop. We can't. That right now is the fundamental difference. £20m on a flop could set us back two or three seasons. It's a fine line Baldini walks, and I certainly don't envy him in his new job.

Just had a look over at a Villa forum to gauge their oppinion on Benteke, and everyone there seems to believe that he has signed for us and will be anounced in the coming days. Is there something I haven't picked up on here?

he wasn't.

If we are talking about Pavlyuchenko then you're right. He was worse than that. I'm still bemused how a professional footballer, let alone one playing in the top flight and playing up front, could have such a terrible first touch. Almost every time the ball was played to him you just knew he had to shoot and score, because if he didn't within 10 seconds Spurs wouldn't have it anymore unless the ball broke kind to one of our runners.

Remember when we all thought Michael Ricketts was as goo as Shearer...

Naaa Benteke is good. I think he'd be a good buy

I think he is the most realistic attainable striker we can get on the wages he would be prepared to sign for. He was on fire last season and did not appear to be a flat track bully. He scored against the top teams and on more than one occasion saved villa's bacon single handedly. He was winning the game alone for them against Chelsea until he got sent off. It's a hell of a lot of cash, but apparently he wants to join, has proved it in the PL, and I suspect is the best we an get at this moment. I am more than happy that it appwars we are trying to get thim in.
I tried my own path for some itk, as i know Olli Ellis from school. Unfortunately, he knows nothing... but then again he hates football, and wasn't prepared to ask dad! Had to try though.

Just had a look over at a Villa forum to gauge their oppinion on Benteke, and everyone there seems to believe that he has signed for us and will be anounced in the coming days. Is there something I haven't picked up on here?

We're the team that is linked heaviest, and it doesn't look like the demand from the big guns is there for him. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a deadline day transfer though, rather than sooner. It's a bit of a stand off between how much we're willing to pay and how much Villa want. It's a game of chicken, and Levy is master at that.

Back