• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

We need to re-group, clear out the deadwood (+ those who think they are bigger and better than the club) and move on, as today's news is tomorrow's chip paper.

bayern munich, i thought they were better then that

Watching them tonight i have to admit i did not know huge amounts them before the game but i assumed with the players i knew about they would do better.

There shooting was awful last night and they seemed to want to walk it in and their crosses were poor and defending shoddy. They almost looked like tottenham.

You know i would fancy us to beat them if we played them. Most shocking for me was gomez he was isolated but even so what a shocking game, they were awful, did not think either team deserved to win but i was suprised by bayern.

Mate, you'll pick yourself up, dust yourself down and be ready for next season same as we all will. I think what gets us all is the amount of shooting ourselves in the foot that goes on. Once Harry had his mind on the England job, nobody at the club took him to one side and slapped him, saying "Come on you c unt, you are still our manager until you get the job". Instead, he was allowed to stand on the touchline, hands in pockets, dreaming of the first game v France while our season went down the swanny. Blatantly that's what happened, and we allowed it to. Similarly with the adventure to get the Olympic Stadium, which none of us wanted, all plans for redevelopment on site were dropped in favour of the new grand plan, meaning that when it got knocked back, as it always was going to, we were left high and dry and looking like tossers.

spurs go straight into the group stage. they've changed the qualifying procedure from previous years. the cup winner from the top 6 countries go straight into the group stage. we take place unfortunately.

Honestly, I see a road which Liverpool took the last few years coming up. From a possible title contender, we are going to be forced to sell our best players and drop down the league. To make it worse, we don't have the global reputation of Liverpool to attract the top talent.

I don't even feel bad right now. We threw away CL football weeks ago. We could be sitting pretty in 3rd laughing at Arsenal but we blew it. Only ourselves to blame.

Disgusted with Harry and the team for letting us get in to the situation, not the situation itself.

Ribery, Robben and Gomez all bottled it. The rest of the team were fine.
Also every time they had the ball out wide they over-elaborated instead of hitting a quick cross into the box for Muller and Gomez.

What now? Nothing much. Life goes on, my friend. Time didn't stop just because Chelski fluked, spent and cheated their way to the CL.

I'm absolutely destroyed by the fact we'll be in the Europa League next season, but it was, as Gary Neville kept pointing out, 'written in the stars'. The gods favored Chelsea because they took their chances. The gods didn't favor us because we utterly bottled it between the middle of February and the middle of April. Then bottled it at Villa. Then....but it's too late now. The fact of the matter is, we were left relying on two teams to do us favours. And that never works out well, never.

What now? Well, we sell a star, maybe two. Reinvest the money in the squad, save a bit for the stadium. See if we can get that up and running. Move into the new training ground. Get rid of the deadwood, at last. Enjoy the sun. Maybe read up a bit, take a holiday. Relax.

Life goes on. We go on. It's the lot of a Spurs supporter to be the target of all of fate's cruel whimsies. We've never had the luck Chelsea had today. Never. We are, bar none, the most dingdonged-on club in the world when it comes to fortune. Why the gods hate us, I don't know. But they sure as hell do.

But, like I said, we go on. Because we're Spurs, and we're Spurs supporters, and that will never change.

Sure, it stings now. But in a few days that'll subside, and we'll be back to moaning about deadline-day deals and lack of set-piece training, same as always.;)

(Incidentally, I didn't know our set-piece coach also worked for Bayern.)

its Bayerns fault we couldnt beat stoke/wolves/norwich at home

at least they didnt suurender 5 - 1 like a bunch of fudging gaumless pussies

No, we go into a playoff round, as does every other team.

No. As we finished 4th and should have been admitted to the UCL we get given a group stage spot automatically by default. Its how the system works. Its like a sorry for not allowing us to enter the UCL by saying we don't have to qualify.

You got the Champions League Final on your own field, in front of your own fans. You've got a history in the tournament. You've won it more times than anyone except for 3 other clubs. You've got maybe 5 of the best 50 players in the world. And you're facing a team up to its chubby grotestque neck in injuries and suspensions. A team that's 6th in its own country, 3rd in its own city for GHod's sake!

And you can only score one goal in 125 minutes?

Spurs have never blown anything like this. Nor the Woolwichers. Nor West Ham nor Saudi Sportswashing Machine nor Emirates Marketing Project... This makes AC Milan's collapse against the Bindippers look like a mighty stand.

One more goal in extra time against a Terryless Chavs. That's all Spurs needed from one of the five best teams on the planet. And they couldn't do it.

But do we dare laugh at them? It should never even have come to this for us, should it?

Our own fault for bottling third.

But those players and the fans will remember this loss and the manner of it every single home game they have from now on.

Ribery, Robben and Gomez all bottled it. The rest of the team were fine.
Also every time they had the ball out wide they over-elaborated instead of hitting a quick cross into the box for Muller and Gomez.

Gomez was really awful, even my son who does not like football said he was rubbish, a 8 year old kid can see that. Who is their second striker not just ollic surely? i would have subbed gomez and brought someone else on he was awful if that was a spurs player, christ pav got slated for games like that. I was a bit shocked tonight, obviously sad they won but shocked by how bad bayern were.

Levy isn't gonna sell anyone. He has the players under contract and isnt gonna be fudged with.
The problem as I see it is attracting a quality striker. Same as every season then.
Don't worry, we'll manage. We'll be fighting it out for top 4 against next season.

Bottled it in a way I thought only Spurs could

Honestly, didn't it feel exactly like a Spurs game to everyone else?

Straight to the group stage of the Europa League! At least we have 6 European games again next year. I hope the new manager takes this competition abit more serious than the 'wheeler dealer'!!!!

Back