• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

The point being Chelsea's "mitigating circumstances" should not be a reason for leniency.
Derby was mismanagement in a very ruthless business.
Chelsea is criminal. If Chelsea were given special dispensation it makes a mockery of the whole penalty system.

Chelsea or abramovich have not comitted a crime. Abramovich has just been sanctioned. There is no arrest warrant for him.

The point being Chelsea's "mitigating circumstances" should not be a reason for leniency.
Derby was mismanagement in a very ruthless business.
Chelsea is criminal. If Chelsea were given special dispensation it makes a mockery of the whole penalty system.
Chelsea fans are no different to Bury fans

Chelsea or abramovich have not comitted a crime. Abramovich has just been sanctioned. There is no arrest warrant for him.
Fair point.
But that really wasn't the conversation, and you know it.

The conversation was should Chelsea get special treatment if going into administration or to avoid it.
The answer is no.

Fair point.
But that really wasn't the conversation, and you know it.

The conversation was should Chelsea get special treatment if going into administration or to avoid it.
The answer is no.

No the question was if they go into administration would they get a points deduction. They won't.

I'd love it if they did. But it won't happen.

He has not in the eyes of Russian law but in most countries receiving extremely depreciated assets so you can make a huge profit would be seen as fraud. To then push that money around the world via property etc is then laundering. I get the loop hole is that in Russia where it happened that was not the case but that helps when its organised by the government. So yeh as a fact he has not committed a crime within Russian law, but I also feel the statement is also a stretch if you take a step back and look at the whole picture.

Conversely what it does highlight is the lack of policing at the start of his involvement in the UK and football but even before the war you could argue the net was closing on Roman

He has not in the eyes of Russian law but in most countries receiving extremely depreciated assets so you can make a huge profit would be seen as fraud. To then push that money around the world via property etc is then laundering. I get the loop hole is that in Russia where it happened that was not the case but that helps when its organised by the government. So yeh as a fact he has not committed a crime within Russian law, but I also feel the statement is also a stretch if you take a step back and look at the whole picture.

Conversely what it does highlight is the lack of policing at the start of his involvement in the UK and football but even before the war you could argue the net was closing on Roman

He is not facing any criminal charges in the uk. He is just being sanctioned due to his links with putin. Whatever else we think of him or how he got his money doesn't change that.

The question was whether chelsea would be deducted points if they went into administration.

Firstly they won't. The sanctions are not in place to punish chelsea. The government doesn't want chelsea to go bust.
If somehow they did go into administration, the premier league would have to acknowledge the situation was not in chelseas control. They wouldn't give them a points deduction for it.

I'm trying to answer the question of what will happen. Not what we want to happen.

I had always assumed they would still have access to the money they were contracted to - just as they have to continue paying what they're contracted to pay.

See my numbers posted the other day - if the sponsors leave then they're fudged with or without TV money.

3 is the only one that has suspended so far i believe. They can also delay payments to players if need be. Think there was a lawyer saying they could do it for 2 months before players would be entitled to tear up their contracts. But i'm sure there would be negotiations. They could also agree to release some on a free.

They'll muddle through and hope for a quick sale.

3 is the only one that has suspended so far i believe. They can also delay payments to players if need be. Think there was a lawyer saying they could do it for 2 months before players would be entitled to tear up their contracts. But i'm sure there would be negotiations. They could also agree to release some on a free.

They'll muddle through and hope for a quick sale.
Hyundai too - that's the two main ones gone.

Whilst that sounds likely from the lawyer, that same lawyer also claimed that players had been in touch to talk about this. Client privilege means that those players chose not to employ the services of that lawyer - might mean nothing, might mean they were told something better by another.

I think they can only release players who are fully written down and who are willing to write off the rest of their contracts.

Hyundai too - that's the two main ones gone.

Whilst that sounds likely from the lawyer, that same lawyer also claimed that players had been in touch to talk about this. Client privilege means that those players chose not to employ the services of that lawyer - might mean nothing, might mean they were told something better by another.

I think they can only release players who are fully written down and who are willing to write off the rest of their contracts.

Didn't know about hyundai.

Yes it would have to agreed with the player to terminate.

Back