• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Not read the details just his statement. Who controls the charity? How much is the club being sold for?
Doesn't matter, any profits on the sale go to the charity.

That charity is being set up to aid victims in Ukraine. It would take ass-hattery of John Terry proportions to try and funnel that money back to himself from a charity.

Pardon my ignorance re Finance & business but isn’t this bad news for us if it’s true that we’re looking for investment? Potential investors might see better value in a more successful and now apparently debt-free club?

Pardon my ignorance re Finance & business but isn’t this bad news for us if it’s true that we’re looking for investment? Potential investors might see better value in a more successful and now apparently debt-free club?
Not as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to be on cheat mode.

Did I just hear them booing Rudiger?

They want to be careful doing that, they'll be accused of racism any minute.

Doesn't matter, any profits on the sale go to the charity.

That charity is being set up to aid victims in Ukrains. It would take ass-hattery of John Terry proportions to try and funnel that money back to himself from a charity.

Easily done though. Put Marina Granovskaia in charge. Dodgy contracts to dodgy companies in eastern europe. Help rebuild a hospital. Should cost £50m. But the company gets paid £1bn... Hell he could do it in the pro russian areas. Might even be able to attract donors.

Still cost £3bn with zero chance of upgrading or moving the stadium. They don't even own their pitch.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. However I note he says he’s not asking for the loans to be repaid. We’re assuming that means they get written off.

On the plus side they are unlikely to get another owner who bankrolls the club and they haven’t managed to build a new stadium in that time. So any new stadium will likely incur debt. On the same token until they have a new stadium that is one area we will out earn them.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. However I note he says he’s not asking for the loans to be repaid. We’re assuming that means they get written off.

On the plus side they are unlikely to get another owner who bankrolls the club and they haven’t managed to build a new stadium in that time. So any new stadium will likely incur debt. On the same token until they have a new stadium that is one area we will out earn them.

If sold without the debt he can get more. So it balances out. He'll still get less than if he sold without sanctions hanging over his head though.

Is there a future somewhere where Mike Ashley turns up tomorrow with £2b of cash that he's taken most of on high interest loans?

Is there a future somewhere where Mike Ashley turns up tomorrow with £2b of cash that he's taken most of on high interest loans?

Most likely scenario is a leveraged buyout. Can't see any arabs going against the saudis and abu dhabi lot. Chinese have been told not to buy football clubs. Russians obviously out. Radcliffe just bought nice. Doesn't leave many left.

Most likely scenario is a leveraged buyout. Can't see any arabs going against the saudis and abu dhabi lot. Chinese have been told not to buy football clubs. Russians obviously out. Radcliffe just bought nice. Doesn't leave many left.

An investment fund or a group of wealthy individuals. Would reduce the chance of more money getting pumped into the club to buy trophies.

An investment fund or a group of wealthy individuals. Would reduce the chance of more money getting pumped into the club to buy trophies.

A leveraged buyout means they will take money out of the club to pay for the club. Like the glazers did with utd.

I was told that Chelski would be screwed when Abramovich called in his loans by many of the folks here who praised ENIC for loading us with debt for the stadium.

He's apparently just written them all off, so they're completely debt free and apparently healthy.

Guarantee we won't be debt-free when ENIC sell us, and all the profit will go straight to their pocket. We'll have a new stadium, they won't - they have about 50 more trophies than us, and twenty years of happiness and memories that can't get taken away.

Huh. They did get the better owner in the end, personal odiousness aside. Strange how that works. ;)

I was told that Chelski would be screwed when Abramovich called in his loans by many of the folks here who praised ENIC for loading us with debt for the stadium.

He's apparently just written them all off, so they're completely debt free and apparently healthy.

Guarantee we won't be debt-free when ENIC sell us, and all the profit will go straight to their pocket. We'll have a new stadium, they won't - they have about 50 more trophies than us, and twenty years of happiness and memories that can't get taken away.

Huh. They did get the better owner in the end, personal odiousness aside. Strange how that works. ;)
Yeah he needs to sell the club because he has been sponsoring a war
That’s not an owner I’d be condoning personally
And I’m not sure how FFP allows for owners clubs to have owner funded debt and then have it written off
Pretty sure it’s going to be paid off in the sale
And he then takes less money out
He has got what he needed out of Chelsea… legitimacy in the eyes of some people

Back