• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Not at all. Because we got ourselves into the position in the first place. Bottling it would us never being in contention in the first place.

but we did kinda bottle the 10 point lead....the fact they overtook us means we messed up, just like Utd blew the 8 point gap over city with a few games left

1983. How would you know exactly?!

Football has gone up a notch in terms of wealth BUT people forget us from the 80's. We tried to outspend everyone and look at the mess it left us in! Ironically I still hear Spurs fans saying we should go out and take risks with high value transfers today. Shameful.

I'm sorry - my memory has deserted me
who was the arab multi billionaire who came and gave us all that money back then?

or was it money we earned? (or were good to pay back from wherever we borrowed it?)

1983. How would you know exactly?!

Football has gone up a notch in terms of wealth BUT people forget us from the 80's. We tried to outspend everyone and look at the mess it left us in! Ironically I still hear Spurs fans saying we should go out and take risks with high value transfers today. Shameful.

Just cos I wasn't born in that era doesnt mean much at all does it? The two scenarios aren't the same. End of. Again, in the 80s as you allude to whose money did we spend? Our own. To me that's a massive difference. If it doesn't to you fair enough we'll move on.

ive never seen such an inept perfomance as fulops from a premier league keeper , deffinately paid off !

I pretty much agree with this.

I didn't think I did 'til I saw the hoards of City fans on the pitch, and it hit home that they've had it pretty brick for a long time.
I don't think the title is 'merited' as such, but I can't begrudge the fans.

Have a laugh. There are lots of clubs out there that have had "hard times" do they deserve a sugar daddy and success?

No, we have had many crap keepers , I have had the privilege of seeing some of the worst , none of whom made 3 mistakes of that quality in one game

anyway, had we beaten Villa last week it wouldnt have mattered if West Brom had Hodgson in goal this afternoon.....we blew it

I'm sorry - my memory has deserted me
who was the arab multi billionaire who came and gave us all that money back then?

or was it money we earned? (or were good to pay back from wherever we borrowed it?)

Mick Cooper in misses the point shocker! Practically every club in the 60's, 70's and 80's was bankrolled. Practically every club made a loss year in, year out and had to have its wealthy benefactor come and pay the debt off with their own funds.

City and Chelsea have taken it to extremes for sure, and I am happier for Spurs to try and do it the "right" way but let's not kid ourselves too much!

What you are forgetting , in the midst of your petty arguments, is that City were spoon-fed, arsenal were spoon-fed , spurs were irrelevant etc etc we cannot compete at the moment .

4th was fantastic, no matter what the chavs do.

anyway, had we beaten Villa last week it wouldnt have mattered if West Brom had Hodgson in goal this afternoon.....we blew it

And had Arsenal not blown it against Norwich, then we wouldn't have had the chance to even attempt to get third. And had we not blown a 10 point lead then Arsenal wouldn't have been in the position to finish 3rd. And if Arsenal hadn't have had such a dreadful start to the season then we wouldn't have been 10pts clear etc etc.

When will people learn football NEVER works that way? Or are Spurs fans just born moaners? #-o

And had Arsenal not blown it against Norwich, then we wouldn't have had the chance to even attempt to get third. And had we not blown a 10 point lead then Arsenal wouldn't have been in the position to finish 3rd. And if Arsenal hadn't have had such a dreadful start to the season then we wouldn't have been 10pts clear etc etc.

When will people learn football NEVER works that way? Or are Spurs fans just born moaners? #-o

If spurs hadn't bottled it then Arsenal would have finished fourth, it ws in our hands,

if your aunty had gonad*s she'd be your uncle

Chelsea are definitely without Terry, Ramires, Mikel and Mierles. Luiz and Cahill are also doubtful and werent fit for today

If they're missing those 6 then their CB pairing will be makeshift at best (Ivanovic & Bosingwa?) with perhaps Ferreira at RB. Midfield would lack options as well

Plus they're effectively away from home

That said, I thought Barca would kill them!!

Chelsea are definitely without Terry, Ramires, Mikel and Mierles. Luiz and Cahill are also doubtful and werent fit for today

If they're missing those 6 then their CB pairing will be makeshift at best (Ivanovic & Bosingwa?) with perhaps Ferreira at RB. Midfield would lack options as well

Plus they're effectively away from home

That said, I thought Barca would kill them!!

Ivanovic also suspended

Back