• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

AC Milan's triumphs with the Berlosconi money funding their big names? Inter's trophies with Moratti money?

AC Milan's triumphs with the Berlosconi money funding their big names? Inter's trophies with Moratti money?

How much have they bankrolled them, Is it to the near Billion that City and Chelsea have done, and is it in as short a time.

I'd hazard a guess that its nowhere on the level of Chelsea and City.

Also, Yes I'd have animosity towards those Milan clubs if I was a supporter of a team that is as big on a standing as them. Maybe Roma, that hasn't had the same sort of funding.

And if Joe Lewis had dipped into his bank account and bought us three top players and we'd won the league how would you feel then?

Yes football has gone to hell in a handcart thanks to billionaire investors but remember we have one ourselves. Without his money where would Spurs be now?

Back when I was studying at uni we once had exchange students coming along for a trip around the local area which is made up of a lot of former military bases and coastal artillery positions. There is also a place where a monument is set up for some prisoners of war who were executed a couple of days before the German surrender (my country was one of the many occupied). When we got to this place and the story was told a german girl walked up to our guide, tears running down her face, and said "But it wasn't me." Blaming modern Germany for something that happened 62-67 years ago by the hands of a madman is a bit silly, yes. Jewish or not, many people suffered back then and holding a generation that is allready struggeling heavily with its past responsible for what happened then is a little silly.

As for Bayern Munich, they are in Germany what Spurs are in England when it comes to that kind of history.

Wikipedia:

"The advent of Nazism put an abrupt end to Bayern's development. The president and the coach, both of whom were Jewish, left the country. Many others in the club were also purged. Bayern was taunted as the "Jew's club" and as a semi-professional club Bayern was also affected by the ruling that football players had to be full amateurs again. In the following years Bayern could not sustain its role of contender for the national title, achieving mid-table results in its regional league instead."

I think you are quite safe to support Bayern Munich against Chelsea. :)

Karl-Landauer-Stadium-ina-008.jpg
The Maccabi Munich pitch which bears Kurt Landauer's name. The first match was played in April 2010. Photograph: Alexandra Beier/Bongarts/Getty Images

Bayern Munich have around 12 million fans in Germany, a number that is dwarfed only by those who dislike the club with equal passion. And Bayern would not have it any other way. They actively play on a heightened sense of Bavarian-ness, on a confidence that verges on arrogance and describe themselves as "a family" to create an "us and them" dynamic. "We cultivate this polarisation," Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, the CEO, says. "Partly because it means that we have constant media exposure."
This aggressive marketing ÔÇô and continued success on the pitch, with the Champions League final against Chelsea on Saturday ÔÇô has made Bayern a blue-chip brand, representing West Germany's golden, Franz Beckenbauer-led era of the 70s and the promise of the current generation. But there is also a very different side to "FC Hollywood", a part of the Bayern story that is still unknown to most supporters and that has also only been recently embraced by the club after nearly 80 years of awkward silence.
Bayern were founded in the bohemian quarter of Schwabing, and were very much a Jewish club before the second world war, with a Jewish president and a Jewish manager. As a consequence, Bayern were targeted by the Nazis but players and officials continued to defy the regime with small acts of personal courage. "All those things were forgotten in the post-war years," said Dietrich Schulze-Marmeling, the author of 2011's award-winning Der FC Bayern und seine Juden (FC Bayern and their Jews). "Bayern's success in the 60s and 70s submerged the past, and West German society on the whole only started to look back at the Holocaust in earnest in 1979, in any case."
On the club's founding charter from 1900, two out of 17 signatories were Jewish. One of them, the Dortmund-born artist Benno Elkan, would later emigrate to London and become a prominent sculptor: on commission from Westminster, he built the seven-branched Candelabra (Menorah) that stands outside the Israeli parliament in Jerusalem. From 1911, Bayern were led by Kurt Landauer, the son of a wealthy Jewish businessman, and the team were coached by a succession of Jewish coaches, including the Austro‑Hungarian Richard "Little" Dombi, who went on to manage Barcelona and Feyenoord. Landauer's commitment and Dombi's knowhow secured a first German championship for Bayern in 1932. Landauer had to resign, along with a number of other Jewish members and officials, when Hitler seized power a few months later and fled to Switzerland after 33 days in the Dachau concentration camp.
Bayern were discredited as a Judenklub by the Nazis but resisted its cooptation. In 1934, Bayern players were involved in a brawl with Nazi brownshirts. Two years later, the Bayern winger Willy Simetsreiter made a point of having his picture taken with Jesse Owens, who enraged Hitler by winning four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics. The full-back Sigmund Haringer narrowly escaped prison for calling a Nazi flag parade a "kids' theatre", and the captain, Conny Heidkamp, and his wife hid Bayern's silverware when other clubs heeded an appeal from Reichsmarschall Herman G?Âring to donate metal for the war effort. The most symbolic act of defiance occurred in Zurich in 1943. After a friendly against the Swiss national team, the Bayern players lined up to wave at the exiled Landauer in the stands.
Landauer returned to Munich after the war and once again became Bayern president until 1951. But his legacy became lost. Club publications simply mentioned that he had to leave Germany "on political-racial grounds". "The word 'Jew' was assiduously avoided," said Schulze-Marmeling. At the turn of the century, a wave of academic books and newspaper articles renewed interest in the Landauer era but the Bayern leadership were unsure as to how they should react. Bayern's general manager, Uli Hoeness, fobbed off an inquisitive reporter by saying he "wasn't alive at the time", and vice-president Fritz Scherer later admitted that the club did not want to emphasize its Jewish roots for fear of "negative reactions". "We don't want to provoke something," Scherer said. Schulze-Marmeling suspects that commercial interests in Asia may also have been the reason why Bayern sought to play down their Jewish heritage.
The club's attitude has changed markedly in recent years, however. The club's Ultras have celebrated Landauer and Rummenigge has acknowledged him as "the father of the modern FC Bayern". The club also donated part of the money that enabled the Jewish amateur club TSV Maccabi Munich to build a pitch bearing Landauer's name in 2010. The ground was inaugurated with a friendly against Bayern's "All-Star-Team".
The Landauer years will take pride of place in the Erlebniswelt museum the club are opening in the Allianz Arena this summer. "I've been in the club for many years but had little idea about all these amazing stories," said Hans-Peter Renner, the museum's content director. "It's been profoundly moving to learn about all these people and the things they did for the club."

So I am supposed to congratulate Emirates Marketing Project for spending nearly a Billion pounds and winning the league on the last day of the season, in stoppage time, on goal difference over a United side that is a shadow of the side it was when they had Ronaldo?

For the record, I think United fans are ****s and I must admit it is nice to see their fans learn some humility. But whatever your feelings about United, how can you possibly compare their success to what Emirates Marketing Project have done? Liverpool were the biggest club in the country when Fergie took charge at United, but he overhauled them in just over 20 years. They were successful on the pitch, and they got richer because of it, just like Arsenal did! Emirates Marketing Project have no excuses for not winning mulitiple titles over the next decade. And what do people expect when they claim Emirates Marketing Project play the best football? They've got the biggest squad and the most superior squad by some distance.

Sorry, I just really don't see where the big achievement is, but that's just me.

How much have they bankrolled them, Is it to the near Billion that City and Chelsea have done, and is it in as short a time.

I'd hazard a guess that its nowhere on the level of Chelsea and City.

Also, Yes I'd have animosity towards those Milan clubs if I was a supporter of a team that is as big on a standing as them. Maybe Roma, that hasn't had the same sort of funding.

well Berlosconi arrived at AC in 86, and within 3 years they were winning the European Cup with Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten on the expensive payroll

Moratti has spent over 600 million pounds in his time at Inter, oil money too, dont forget that it was his father who funded Inter's earlier glory period in the 50's and 60's with oil money

i think one day Ley and Lewis will put Spurs up for sale and a billionaire will waltz into WHL and start throwing his money around. Its always possible and i for one wont be crying about it. Its football, its business

And if Joe Lewis had dipped into his bank account and bought us three top players and we'd won the league how would you feel then?

Yes football has gone to hell in a handcart thanks to billionaire investors but remember we have one ourselves. Without his money where would Spurs be now?

It would be hypercritical to celebrate No!.

As for life without Lewis, I'd ask what money has he put into the club?

I can assure you if someone of the ilk of Abramovich or Mansour took over, my Sky subscription would be handed in the next day, and I'd cease being a season ticket holder, I'm at the minute finding it hard to justify as it is.

My dyslexia getting the better.

I ment I'd cease with my Sky Subscription, and Season Ticket handed in the next day.

Considering it's the same chumps that were proclaiming loudly that we'd blown top four a month ago, I thought they'd be PLEASED that they were proven wrong and that in the last 4 games we W3 D1. But I now realise that even if we'd got 3rd today they'd have moaned about us making hard work of it.

Bottom line? It's the same posters over and over again. If we win a game? They find fault, and moan. If we drew a game? We should have won, and they moan. If we lose a game? The Manager HAS to go, and they moan.

Wow.

Says the same old chump who tried to give credability to the notion of 'if your aunty had gonad*s she'd be your uncle'

well Berlosconi arrived at AC in 86, and within 3 years they were winning the European Cup with Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten on the expensive payroll

Moratti has spent over 600 million pounds in his time at Inter, oil money too, dont forget that it was his father who funded Inter's earlier glory period in the 50's and 60's with oil money

i think one day Ley and Lewis will put Spurs up for sale and a billionaire will waltz into WHL and start throwing his money around. Its always possible and i for one wont be crying about it. Its football, its business

Spot on.

I don't think we stand a rats chance in hell of winning the PL, or the CL until that does happen. Unless we can fight the likes of Chelski, Emirates Marketing Project, Real Madrid, AC Milan and suchlike, on a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD (and by that, think money.....), we have not got a hope of catching the elite and winning the top honours. Not a prayer.

I do assume that it is winning the top honours that Spurs fans do ultimately want??

The degree of treading water that we have done for the last 2 decades will just continue until we get new big money backing, and it isn't until then that we will attract a world class manager and players/squad to achieve that end.

I hate bricky etc and I think theyre a bunch of ****s.

What I will say though is what is the difference between Man bricky winning the title spending 200m in two seasons whilst Manure spending the same amount over three or four years? Just that bricky did it in a smaller period of time. I mean Manure spent a ton of money over a few seasons (Veron, Jones, Berbatov, Rooney, Rio, etc etc etc)

I think to win the title you need to spend the cash not only on transfers but on wages also.

What I will say though is what is the difference between Man bricky winning the title spending 200m in two seasons whilst Manure spending the same amount over three or four years? Just that bricky did it in a smaller period of time. I mean Manure spent a ton of money over a few seasons (Veron, Jones, Berbatov, Rooney, Rio, etc etc etc)

I think to win the title you need to spend the cash not only on transfers but on wages also.

You and everyone else seems to be missing a tiny, pretty insignificant point that I dont know what I'm bringing it up really, but Manchester fudging bricky were handed that money which had nothing to do with their club as a business. Manchester '8 points and they fudged it up' Utd didnt.

Had bricky spend this money through their business, I would take my hat off to them. It has nothing to do with who spends what, it has everything to do with where they got it from.

I heard on the radio that City's starting 11 today cost something like ?ú161m, uniteds cost ?ú169m .... Are city doing anything that United arent doing/ have been doing? Would we have said that football had died had Aguero not scored that last minute goal?

In addition to what Wriggly said, Emirates Marketing Project have spent more than United, not the same. Or at least, their side is more expensive (City's average first XI this season cost ?ú179m, United's cost ?ú130m. City spent ?ú174m on wages last season, United spent ?ú153m (don't have wage figures for this season).)

HOWEVER, to play devil's advocate to Wriggly, United did 'get lucky' in a sense, in that their period of success under Ferguson began just as the money in football really started to explode. So yes it's money that they've 'earned' in literal terms, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they 'deserve' that money as such. Once they had some initial success, it was always going to easier to sustain it because of the increasing financial reward for that success. And then it just became a vicious circle, where more success = more money = more success etc etc

You and everyone else seems to be missing a tiny, pretty insignificant point that I dont know what I'm bringing it up really, but Manchester fudging bricky were handed that money which had nothing to do with their club as a business. Manchester '8 points and they fudged it up' Utd didnt.

Had bricky spend this money through their business, I would take my hat off to them. It has nothing to do with who spends what, it has everything to do with where they got it from.

Exactly. Why are some ppl on here not getting this??

I hate City and hate how they have Bought the league.

That said! i dont think i could stomach seeing the Man Yoo lot jumping around again playing our song and living it up! im sick of them winning it now, so even though I hate City for the way they have done it, we all know what their fans have been through, so for this season alone I dont mind them winning it.

The problem is, they more than likely will go on to have a lot of success and ill be sick of them too pretty soon. I just hope this Fair play thing has an effect of some kind.

You are correct but look at the likes of Real Madrid etc yet people go on about how amazing they are etc. No one talks about the fact that that club is fudgein corrupt (training ground being brought by the government etc is a prime example). Its happened in the past with Blackburn.

Out of interest, if i won the lottery tomorrow - would you begrudge me the lifestyle i would lead? i.e. a mansion a ferrari here a yacht in St Tropez living it large?

(May I say that I hate bricky and how they won the league - I guess im just trying to play a bit of devils advocate here)

On a side note, im digressing here, we cant harp on about how bad these clubs are in terms of buying titles and league positions when we have fans on here who are barely happy with fourth. We cant harp on about how we have no hope in hell of competing with these clubs like chelscum and bricky then complain when we finish fourth etc and blaming Harry n brick.

Try telling Kompany that he doesn't deserve that title win today. He's been nothing short of sensational this season for City.

Got to say I smiled as I watched Nasri celebrate, always said he was a mercenary but this was denied by the goons I know until recently :)

It doesn't matter how they've done it, City have been the best team I've seen at whl this season. The way they brushed us aside, the movement off the ball and the clinical finishing that day was astonishing.

They were down and out not long ago and clawed back 8 points to win it against a very experienced manu.

Copied from the OMT - I'm glad for the city fans. The proper old school, 'watchin ur rival win title after title for 20 years with David James up front, supporters.

Yes its unfair how they've done it... but i'm glad for the old school, oasis idiot excluded.

I'm glad manure didn't win........spoilt fans

Back