• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

I did not expect that 45 minutes, game over. I hope RM win the CL as it will get no better for Bale in his career, then he can back to us next season.

The Bayern players looks like they've completely lost It!

I say they have. There's no way they will come back to win this - they'll need two goals within the first five minutes of the second half to stand the smallest of chances, IMO. Must be a proper slap in the face though. One nil down was probably their worst case scenario. Three nil is a proper nightmare!

Alonso out of the final. You just know Ramos will at this rate, making it a touch easier for their final opponents

Hopefully Ancelotti has a similar hoodoo over Mourinho and Chavski...

@OptaJoe: 0 - Carlo Ancelotti has never lost against Bayern Munich as manager in the Champions League (W5 D2). Nemesis.

What a performance from Real Madrid! Outstanding!

Their back 4 - wow. Just wow. Man for man not I can hardly remember a mistake between them over a game and a half now. Full control every time. Robben, Ribery, Muller, doesn't matter. And Pepe and Ramos winning just about every header against Mandzukic. I would argue they might be the best back 4 in the CL this season, doing this without having to sit back like Chelsea do.

Modric, Alonso (and Di Maria, Bale) making Schweinsteiger and Kroos look like a slightly less mobile fairly **** pair of Tom Huddlestones. Lahm the only Bayern player that actually looks decent out there.

And Ancelotti... I think everyone expected Real to sit back, but no. Press them up to the corner flags, unrelenting, brilliant!

I ****ing hate Real Madrid, Spain's *****al as far as I'm concerned. Poor, poor defending from Bayern though.

Cheeky free kick - what a humiliation for Bayern. 0-4 and outplayed at home. Very well deserved that Real wins overall though.

OMG Ronaldo outfoxed them on that free-kick, brilliant ! Am not a Madrid fan, but as a footy lover, loved the execution and out thinking. Pep is having a bad hair day, lol - wow

Hopefully Ancelotti has a similar hoodoo over Mourinho and Chavski...

@OptaJoe: 0 - Carlo Ancelotti has never lost against Bayern Munich as manager in the Champions League (W5 D2). Nemesis.

Sadly though my instinct tells me that for all the brilliance that Madrid possess, Mourinho will find a way to grind out a win -he always will. Guardiola is the only manager who has consistently got the better of him.

This is why Bayern Munich will always be the biggest bottlers in European football. They are so stupid to replace Jupp Heynckes who won them the treble including the CL last season. And Guardiola is so stupid to leave Barcelona where he was so succesfull and join the traditional bottlers like Bayern. It is a big black mark in Guardiola's career.

Really annoyed that the greedy players like Ronaldo, Modric and Bale are going to win the CL. Frankly, won't mind if Chelsea win the CL now. The prospect of those greedy players winning the CL will be unacceptable.

Last edited:
This is why Bayern Munich will always be the biggest bottlers in European football. They are so stupid to replace Jupp Heynckes who won them the treble including the CL last season. And Guardiola is so stupid to leave Barcelona where he was so succesfull and join the traditional bottlers like Bayern. It is a big black mark in Guardiola's career.

Really annoyed that the greedy players like Ronaldo, Modric and Bale are going to win the CL. Frankly, won't mind if Chelsea win the CL now. The prospect of those greedy players winning the CL will be unacceptable.

Not sure if being serious re; wanting chelsea to win CL

While I don't wish anything good - ever - for Real Madrid after last summer's intense tapping up of Bale, there's no way in hell I will want Chelski to buy another CL trophy.

I'd be happy for Bale and Modric if they're champions; just a shame they will win it with scummy Real.

Since the new CL format started no club has successfully defended a CL title. I imagine most or at least a lot of those clubs have kept their managers...

People seem to really like overreacting to one big club outplaying and beating another big club and drawing big conclusions based on that. Simple fact is that clubs with the quality of Real Madrid and Bayern are capable of performances like the one we saw last night and even against big teams they're capable of really punishing teams that are a little short on form or confidence.

Jose Mourinho making last minute preparations for tonight's match...

BmeCnejIEAAsd0B.jpg

Just realised they're left hand drivers at first I thought both drivers were committing serious offences!!!! :)

Back