• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

Basically that possession football means nothing if it's not penetrative. It's all well and good a team achieving a high possession % but there has to be other things in addition to this, it has to penetrative and it has to result in chances created.

To me he was talking about us under AVB.

To take it one step further, I think possession football without penetration puts you in a worse position that your opponent. It makes you too susceptible to a counter-attack and removes the element of surprise.

Possession is vastly over-rated, thanks to Barca's tikka-tappa (how successful would it be without Messi you wonder?) I prefer a good direct style of football that takes a few risks and keeps your opponent guessing.

True, Barca at points post-Pep have been possession for the sake of possession it seems. And at times I've thought that they would have been better had they kept Ibrahimovic and just chipped the ball in to him in the area once every 5 minutes just to mix it up a bit more.

But Barca the way they want to play, or the way I think they want to play, isn't a "possession for the sake of possession" team.

As much as it pains me, carragher is a good pundit, been impressed with him as the season has gone on.

Leave off, he's awful!!! Just a Liverpool fan with a voice, he's way over the top about anything involving utd and Liverpool, I cringe watching him.

Is this a view that others hold as well then? I don't live in England anymore to hear what people say about him, but I'd be stunned and a little saddened if this is how the uk see him as a pundit.

Come on you Bayern! Always liked you! And Pep! And Germans in general! For now I'll even like Robben and Ribery, absolutely lovely people, must a delight!

I love the ITV graphic: "Voice of Roy Keane"

Thanks, because for a moment there I was mistaking him for Abraham Lincoln.

Leave off, he's awful!!! Just a Liverpool fan with a voice, he's way over the top about anything involving utd and Liverpool, I cringe watching him.

Is this a view that others hold as well then? I don't live in England anymore to hear what people say about him, but I'd be stunned and a little saddened if this is how the uk see him as a pundit.

I think he is excellent. He and Neville have great chemistry and rapport I think.

I dont really care if a pundit knows too much about football or not I couldnt care less - what I do care is whether theyre entertaining and talk some sense. He provides that. Now no doubt others will pick holes through what he says but thats them thats people who think they know it all.

Minute of silence = totally wrong. Neither deceased was associated with either club playing, nor with the competition especially. Absolutely despise this enforced communal grieving.

Obviously I mean no disrespect to either man.

Minute of silence = totally wrong. Neither deceased was associated with either club playing, nor with the competition especially. Absolutely despise this enforced communal grieving.

Obviously I mean no disrespect to either man.

Im sure he sad one of the people was a madrid director ??

Great corner from Modric for the goal. And a shocking tackle on Ronaldo, could have been a red had it been later in the game I think.

Morale of the story: Never trust Bayern Munich to win when you want/need them to.

On the other hand, maybe Pep will be available...?

Back