• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 22/23

Celtic park can be a fearsome place, i wouldn't want to draw them.

Absolutely. Celtic were excellent for 60mins and should have been a couple up. Their passing and movement was fantastic and all done at a great pace. Lots of good teams would struggle to live with them.

Absolutely. Celtic were excellent for 60mins and should have been a couple up. Their passing and movement was fantastic and all done at a great pace. Lots of good teams would struggle to live with them.

I didn't watch it, but they are always up for it the crowd really roar them on.

Still maintain I’d love to see Ange Postecoglu at Spurs next.

Still maintain I’d love to see Ange Postecoglu at Spurs next.

Interesting. Haven't followed him or Celtic and assume you know him well from your shores...which coaches would you compare him to in terms of tactics and player management style?

Watching Frankfurt vs Sporting and if we don't spank both these team home and away, we want shooting. They are both quite poor thus far.

Fantastic from Edwards! 1 goal and immediately follows it up with an assists! Tremendous composure!

If it was a knockout like the old European Cup I might start getting excited, but even if they finish 5-0 they will still qualify

Dunno, on this form Ajax and Rangers will give them a good run for their money tbh.
(Or at least one can hope)

Interesting. Haven't followed him or Celtic and assume you know him well from your shores...which coaches would you compare him to in terms of tactics and player management style?

I actually think he’s pretty close to Poch. Intense, high press to try and win the ball back quickly; playing out from the back (and Ange exposes his goalkeeper massively in doing so quite a bit). He’s all about getting the ball and then moving it extremely quickly. And he very quickly binned off the players at Celtic that he didn’t think would fit, and then risked humiliation by going and getting 3 players from Japan he knew would fit his style. He plays a 433 / 4231 typically.

The bit that has endeared him most though is his ‘philosophy.’ He sees football like fans do but has the tactical brain to back it up. His answer to this question the other day was great:

And I love this video:

The story he tells about his Dad. He took the Asian Cup trophy to see him, Australia’s first ever trophy, and his dad basically says “yeah but you needed extra time to do it.”

The cult of Ange in Glasgow and Australia is a bit gross - he can literally do no wrong at the moment, and there’s quite obviously bigger tests than Australia, Japan and Scotland. But I think he has the elements to do it in the Premier League soon. Conte is perfect for where we are right now, but if he can get us a couple of trophies in the next few years and then we get Ange to rebuild post-Kane, post-Son etc then we’ll be in a good spot.

But I doubt Ange will last that long. He’d be the perfect replacement for Potter at Brighton.

I knew it was bad for Liverpool last night but i didn't think it was that bad, Napoli should have been 5 up by half time. Gomez, Trent and VVD looked an absolute mess.

Back