• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 22/23

I actually think he’s pretty close to Poch. Intense, high press to try and win the ball back quickly; playing out from the back (and Ange exposes his goalkeeper massively in doing so quite a bit). He’s all about getting the ball and then moving it extremely quickly. And he very quickly binned off the players at Celtic that he didn’t think would fit, and then risked humiliation by going and getting 3 players from Japan he knew would fit his style. He plays a 433 / 4231 typically.

The bit that has endeared him most though is his ‘philosophy.’ He sees football like fans do but has the tactical brain to back it up. His answer to this question the other day was great:

And I love this video:

The story he tells about his Dad. He took the Asian Cup trophy to see him, Australia’s first ever trophy, and his dad basically says “yeah but you needed extra time to do it.”

The cult of Ange in Glasgow and Australia is a bit gross - he can literally do no wrong at the moment, and there’s quite obviously bigger tests than Australia, Japan and Scotland. But I think he has the elements to do it in the Premier League soon. Conte is perfect for where we are right now, but if he can get us a couple of trophies in the next few years and then we get Ange to rebuild post-Kane, post-Son etc then we’ll be in a good spot.

But I doubt Ange will last that long. He’d be the perfect replacement for Potter at Brighton.
So (yet again) we'd need to set about going through a massive overhaul of the squad to bring in players suited to playing completely different tactics to the current manager? I'm not sure our fans have the patience for the 2 to 3 year transition that would be needed and I'm not sure the club has the funds to purchase the players needed.

Watching the City v Dortmund game and the commentator just said that the Westfallen ( or whatever it's called now ) now has a capacity of 80,000! Wow that must be epic, I've got to get there for a game, has anyone on here been? I assume some when we played them.

So (yet again) we'd need to set about going through a massive overhaul of the squad to bring in players suited to playing completely different tactics to the current manager? I'm not sure our fans have the patience for the 2 to 3 year transition that would be needed and I'm not sure the club has the funds to purchase the players needed.

If there is a plan behind it, I don't see the problem with going from Conte to Postecoglu or someone similar. The problem has been when there's no plan and we just take a manager or name or there was a plan that was ripped up at the first sign of trouble.

Back