• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 22/23

The pressure on city was absolutely killing then tonight

Oh yeeeeah totally killed weren't they, until they won it.

The fudge are you talking about!? Even with the usual transposed typos it doesn't make sense.

Great (non) interview from Grealish there, say what you want about City but he is a human being just living the dream. I think he has described himself as total crap in the fa cup final as well as the Champions league but won both.

Edit - Respect to Inter, they made it very difficult.
It's lazy to put it down to a bad miss by Lukaku but it could have been different

Still an amazing achievement to win the treble though even with their financial might. It's one thing to win a PL or FA cup but to win all the major trophies is incredible.

Still an amazing achievement to win the treble though even with their financial might. It's one thing to win a PL or FA cup but to win all the major trophies is incredible.
It is
But I’ll throw in the World Cup to the mix
The team with the best resources wins the most things
Someone online just defended city as they haven’t spent as much in the wish few years
Their squad is full of players who cost a fortune
Even their youth players would cost a fortune
It’s what they have done
Top up with high quality, high value players and make it work

Last edited:
It is
Big I’ll throw in the World Cup to the mix
Someone online just defended city as they haven’t spent as much in the wish few years
It’s what they have done
Taco up with high quality, high value players and make it work

Yeh they did the hard lifting a few years back. But let's be honest 100m on Grealish and a fudged number on Haaland that's being propped up by their off the books payments. They are hardly running a self sustained model still.

Again it's a great achievement but even without and official * it's worth discussing that they have been heavily funded and have operated outside the rules

It is
Big I’ll throw in the World Cup to the mix
It’s what they have done
Taco up with high quality, high value players and make it work
They haven't spent as much that they have declared, GHod knows how much they've spent in reality

And maybe it was just me, but Inter looked far more disappointed not to have won it, than the City players were happy to have done so.

They know, it’s tainted.

Sky with lots of back plucky underdog type stories on City today

as said above cheated for 15 years and only 1 CL win

Jesus, even when it’s not about us this place is still negative and bitter about every other team. No wonder our fan base is seen as 1 of the worst in the country.

I’m negative and bitter about us too.

City have massively underachieved in this tournament for years, falling over the line once doesn’t erase all that, they should be embarrassed to only have won it once.

I’m negative and bitter about us too.

City have massively underachieved in this tournament for years, falling over the line once doesn’t erase all that, they should be embarrassed to only have won it once.
How many finals have they been in? It’s the Champions league, every game is going to be tough, just because they are the best in England, doesn’t automatically make them the best team in Europe who should win the Champions league every year.

Jesus, even when its not about us this place is still negative and bitter about every other team. No wonder our fan base is seen as 1 of the worst in the country.
Nothing got to do with being negative and bitter about every team. It's not good for football when blood money has made it more or less a one-team league like in France.
They are without a doubt one of the best teams ever and I enjoy watching them but there's always going to be a big asterisk beside everything they do.

How many finals have they been in? It’s the Champions league, every game is going to be tough, just because they are the best in England, doesn’t automatically make them the best team in Europe who should win the Champions league every year.

It’s not because of how good they are, it’s because of how much they have spent.

Back