• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 21/22

I think the sub at 2-0 up with 30 minutes left was probably taking Neymar or Messi off, but that’s a tough call!

I have often wondered if he is told they both have to play 90 mins if fit by ‘those above’ him, you know, the classy fellows who barge iun to refs rooms post-match and smash them up?

I have often wondered if he is told they both have to play 90 mins if fit by ‘those above’ him, you know, the classy fellows who barge iun to refs rooms post-match and smash them up?

has to be that, neither are worthy of a start at the minute, let alone the whole game

Really enjoyable game that.

Thought PSG and Pochettino were really impressive until Real scored their first goal. Not easy setting up a team with anything even resembling balance with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. But somehow they looked balanced and fairly solid.

Then, panic stations. Not sure that's on Poch, but not a good look for him either.

Modric is just an absolute joy to watch. So many fantastic players on that pitch of course.

Probably. Or the ego of the players just can't deal with it so it's not even seen as a good option?

Wonderful players all three of them of course in different ways. But for rather predictable reasons the three of them together makes for some problems that are hard to overcome.

Credit to Real Madrid great comeback and some stellar performances out there, particularly Modric and Benzema, but others too. Will face tougher opposition than PSG though.

Such an interesting situation. The old guard, on the way down or towards the end of their heights with Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Messi, even Neymar.

At the same time the younger players, getting to their best or working towards being counted in that next generation of greats. Mbappe, Vinicius, Camavinga, Hakimi, Mendes, Donnarumma.

Both teams with players in both categories. Mix of youth and experience, but particularly the experience winning out with Modric and Benzema.

Feel at the same time sad, nostalgic and happy watching Messi. The quality is still there, but in smaller bursts and not as often. Happy to see that quality a bit more, but so obvious what isn't there. End of an era feeling, will never again see Messi in full flow.

Feel mostly just joy watching Modric and seeing him get the win and contribute so heavily and directly to it. Kroos subbed, Verratti left in his shadow. Camavinga contributing, but just stand aside a little longer, it's still Modric's pitch. Little Luka rising to the occasion again.

Generational shift in a single game, but some of the old guard stepped up to the plate. Some of them had to be on the winning side of course, but Modric and Benzema winning the game almost like they did it on their own.

Neymar cost them with his bricky attitude. Donadumbo cost them big-time with his ridiculous error. Poch made a terrible sub taking off Parades who was controlling things.

I had hoped the Juve game in the CL a few years ago could have been a lesson for him, in complete control and we lost it after we didn’t react and made the wrong subs again.

He seems to freeze at times -

I had hoped the Juve game in the CL a few years ago could have been a lesson for him, in complete control and we lost it after we didn’t react and made the wrong subs again.

He seems to freeze at times -

I know I am an apologist but I genuinely feel PSG are a different thing. No-one has succeeded there. The owners stack them with egos. I would love to know the truth about how much control he gets to pick that team,
because Messi and Neymar last night should've been subbed!

I know I am an apologist but I genuinely feel PSG are a different thing. No-one has succeeded there. The owners stack them with egos. I would love to know the truth about how much control he gets to pick that team,
because Messi and Neymar last night should've been subbed!

Ive only seen the highlights, but mbappe could have had a hat trick on the break, but more importantly if he had a done what the Madrid player had done for their first goal and pulled the ball back across goal instead of shooting from tightish angles tge game would have been done.
Playing for himself, not the team.

AM doing what we should have done to United.

Classy from the United fans throwing bottles at Simeone as he sprints off

Scholes "United can get any manager they want"

I agree with Rio, I am not so sure anymore. A Top Manager yes, but not ANYONE they want

It's still United, I can't think of anyone that would definitely turn it down. Ancelotti maybe, because he's the only one at a bigger club.

Back