• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

It might be helped. You get very similar (the same?) points for winning knockout round games in the CL and EL. Just look at Sevilla's rating a few years back. United will probably get more points from the EL than the CL. The same would go for other English teams as I can see any going far in the CL.
A team that passes to KO stage of CL gains five additional points.
At the same time, a team that passes to 1/4, 1/2 and final game of CL or EL gains only one point.
So there is a rather big coefficient difference between progressing in CL and EL.

However, I get your point about chances of English teams in KO stage of CL. It really might be better for England's club coefficient if Arse or at least Chel53a in their current states reach 3rd place in their CL groups and continue in EL. Not sure about Arse as they look pretty well during this season (if we don't consider their usual injuries and bottled matches) and, on paper, can beat some 1st placed teams after the winter break (Zenit, Wolfsburg come to my mind), but Chel53a in most cases will end their CL journey in 1/8. Speaking about EL, Chel53a can defenitely try to win it as their chances to reach top-4 in EPL are really low now. Not sure Arse will be landing their best line-ups in EL as they look pretty safe to gain CL entry for next season through the domestic league. And still I would love if Arse busts today (and we face them in EL afterwards).

ps: ManUre got what they deserved. Spent £258m and showing week after week this shower of sh*t perfomances - both in EPL and CL.
Ridiculous club after SAF's exit and ridiculous that it was the only team we lost during this EPL season (although it was MD1 and Walker's OG, which explain a lot).

Last edited:
Either way had its plus points I suppose.

Finishing 3rd meant an extra 2 matches in Feb, but they would be a strong contender to win the EL
Finishing 2nd,okay 2 game less to play, but in a comp I dont really believe they can win

Always felt they were capable of getting a result over there, so once the Greeks didnt get a point v Bayern I was resigned to the fact Arsenal would still qualify

Either way had its plus points I suppose.

Finishing 3rd meant an extra 2 matches in Feb, but they would be a strong contender to win the EL
Finishing 2nd,okay 2 game less to play, but in a comp I dont really believe they can win

Always felt they were capable of getting a result over there, so once the Greeks didnt get a point v Bayern I was resigned to the fact Arsenal would still qualify

Agree with this. Didn't want them to get into the EL and have a chance of winning it (not that I think they would be good enough, but still).

I knew the goons would go through but I still wanted them to get knocked out. I suppose the benefit is they won't have the advantage of being able to concentrate solely on the title.

I knew the goons would go through but I still wanted them to get knocked out. I suppose the benefit is they won't have the advantage of being able to concentrate solely on the title.

Thought they were very good tonight. After first 20 mins they were in control. Can't deny they were streets ahead of Olympiacos!

It's Groundhog day

Arsenal get an easy group just about scrape second, draw a giant lose then spend the rest of the season just about qualifying for the competition the following year

13 years in a row they have got out of the group stages yet only got to the final once , for a club their size that's pretty ordinary really

My instinct was of course for them to go out but I think it will work against them considering their injuries and aspirations for the top 4 again.

13 years in a row they have got out of the group stages
actually I think it's 16 years which shows their extraordinary stability both in EPL and CL
however I agree that this stability has nothing to do with top achievements, which is their stumbling block for decades now

Them qualifying was better for the PL coefficient, no? I really don't want Spurs finishing fourth the year we only get three entries.

Them qualifying was better for the PL coefficient, no? I really don't want Spurs finishing fourth the year we only get three entries.

England is almost 4 points ahead of Italy now, enough to cover next season's deficit. Wouldn't be surprised to see them catch Germany.

Back