• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chairman's message

There was a little moment during the game today when the camera focused on Levy sitting in the stand...

Not long before the crowd had been singing Levy out etc... We then saw the blonde woman sitting next to Levy, I assume his wife, put her hand on his knee to give a reassuring tap of support....

At first glance that shows us all that the criticism hurts and he cares deeply about the business, I mean club.....

Then I thought,with my old cynical head, that he may have asked her to do it when the camera was on him to try and get some sympathy....

Either way, the sooner he goes the better... We need a clearout from top to bottom...

COYS...

There was a little moment during the game today when the camera focused on Levy sitting in the stand...

Not long before the crowd had been singing Levy out etc... We then saw the blonde woman sitting next to Levy, I assume his wife, put her hand on his knee to give a reassuring tap of support....

Dunno if it's his wife - thought it was Donna Cullen or Rebecca Caplehorn or somebody.

That bit was hilarious, though - crowd singing Levy Out, camera pans to a bunch of fans holding up an 'ENIC - profits before glory' sign, then to Levy staring grimly and that lady patting him on the knee... then back to the pitch with us 3-1 down to Brentford, at home.

Masterpiece of camera choreography - hats off to the broadcast director for improvising that. :D

Sorry that's bollox... if he was sensitive to fand reactions he wouldn't be making the same mistakes season after season, or better yet held his hands up and said that his journey with spurs is over and that he hopes that he left the club better than he found it. Many thanks and bye.

I don't know if he's sensitive to fan reaction or not. It's easy not given the decisions he has made over the years.bi will say that there is an easy counter to your view. It's called money and there is lots of it at stake at Spurs. Why would he just walk away when they've made on paper; billions with minimal to 0 investment?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

At first glance that shows us all that the criticism hurts and he cares deeply about the business, I mean club.....

Then I thought,with my old cynical head, that he may have asked her to do it when the camera was on him to try and get some sympathy....

Either way, the sooner he goes the better... We need a clearout from top to bottom...

COYS...
No mate. It's far more likely that was a cut away recorded earlier, rather than being in real time.

To suggest Levy has somehow synchronized with the broadcaster is just bonkers

COYS...

COYS...

My take is that the combination of results and criticism is probably hurting him. I'd imagine he works 60+ hours per week and equally sure every decision he takes is done so with the view that its the right thing for the club

He has spent decades now running the club/business/company and he'll see how the club has fallen massively in the last 4 years of that period. Seeing everything tumble down around him has to hurt

There's not many things in the club which are going remotely well at the moment and he has a huge few weeks ahead of him. From an on-field perspective and related off-field leadership of that, we're a complete mess

Looks like a man hurting and a supportive partner to me.

He's screwed some things up, for sure. But let's not forget just how much we've done since he joined.
Look at the stadium.
Look at the training ground.
Look at the players that have worn that shirt.
Look at how many times we've finished top 4.
Look at our 3rd (4th?) highest ever league finish.
Look at the greatest goalscorer in our history.
Look at having developed the most successful British player of all time.
Etc.Etc.Etc.

Add that to the context of operating in the financial doping era.

Compare it to where we were beforehand.

There are plenty of other business people that would love to come in and take over the riches. But what would their motivations be?

Levy's motivations and deliverables are clear:
Create and sustain a solid football club.
The reality of that in modern football, from where we were, and without financial doping, is what we currently see.

Our target and focus is regular CL qualification - which we've had. Not ever season - and there have been a few missed; that's sport

The alternative (and I'd be ok with this, but I know most fans wouldn't) would be the Sevilla approach. Understand you won't win the league except for a freak season, and really focus on building a legacy of Europa League wins. And along that journey, you might just get the kind of freak season we had and reach the CL final.

The biggest problem with our fans is we think we're Man Utd, but don't have the pedigree to back that up.
We're a very solid top six club in the best Lge in the world. Occasionally we'll lower than that. Occasionally we'll higher. The past 15 years has seen more 6+ than 6-.
Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Currently, we're underperforming. Time to all pull together, reset, and get back to where we should be.
Europa lge qual and push for a cup next season.
Push for top 4 year after.

We're about to enter (probably already in) a really fascinating time in the lge. All of the following will expect CL qualification:
Man C
Arse
Newc
Lpool
Man U
Spurs
Chelsea

Plus Brighton up and coming.

It's going to be tough. That's what we all want.

COYS

Looks like a man hurting and a supportive partner to me.

He's screwed some things up, for sure. But let's not forget just how much we've done since he joined.
Look at the stadium.
Look at the training ground.
Look at the players that have worn that shirt.
Look at how many times we've finished top 4.
Look at our 3rd (4th?) highest ever league finish.
Look at the greatest goalscorer in our history.
Look at having developed the most successful British player of all time.
Etc.Etc.Etc.

Add that to the context of operating in the financial doping era.

Compare it to where we were beforehand.

There are plenty of other business people that would love to come in and take over the riches. But what would their motivations be?

Levy's motivations and deliverables are clear:
Create and sustain a solid football club.
The reality of that in modern football, from where we were, and without financial doping, is what we currently see.

Our target and focus is regular CL qualification - which we've had. Not ever season - and there have been a few missed; that's sport

The alternative (and I'd be ok with this, but I know most fans wouldn't) would be the Sevilla approach. Understand you won't win the league except for a freak season, and really focus on building a legacy of Europa League wins. And along that journey, you might just get the kind of freak season we had and reach the CL final.

The biggest problem with our fans is we think we're Man Utd, but don't have the pedigree to back that up.
We're a very solid top six club in the best Lge in the world. Occasionally we'll lower than that. Occasionally we'll higher. The past 15 years has seen more 6+ than 6-.
Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Currently, we're underperforming. Time to all pull together, reset, and get back to where we should be.
Europa lge qual and push for a cup next season.
Push for top 4 year after.

We're about to enter (probably already in) a really fascinating time in the lge. All of the following will expect CL qualification:
Man C
Arse
Newc
Lpool
Man U
Spurs
Chelsea

COYS

Very good post, which I pretty much agree with all of it.

The 'reset' as you call it is going to be tough, take time and dictate the type of manager who we need and our transfer policy. We need a manager who is likely to want to be around for 3-5 years, so not Nagelsmann.

We'll also need a smart transfer policy as we're not going to be signing the likes of Bastoni etc this summer nor probably next summer...and this summer it's going to be even tougher given lac of prep time for the DoF/Manager (individually and together) before the transfer window. If appointed in late May or early June, they'll be able to do video/desktop prep before players return for pre-season in July and speak to Mason and existing scouts etc...but highly debatable whether they'd ok any signings or sales before actually seeing the players in pre-season.

Very much a summer and next season of resetting and trying to get back on track

What's the alternative within ENIC for the Chairman position? If they don't sell and he was to step down, who takes over and does anyone honestly think they would do anything different to what Levy has done?

What's the alternative within ENIC for the Chairman position? If they don't sell and he was to step down, who takes over and does anyone honestly think they would do anything different to what Levy has done?

I'd imagine we'd look to headhunt someone from another club. The Munn appointment is possibly aimed at making us less reliant on one person at the top though

I'd imagine we'd look to headhunt someone from another club. The Munn appointment is possibly aimed at making us less reliant on one person at the top though

Feel the board would be more comfortable promoting someone from within to keep within the same business model they've had for all this time, someone from the outside might come in and upset the apple cart? Fans would likely want the latter.

Levy is operating within the confines of the ENIC operating model, it has been reported that at least 3 times prior to the approval last season for the £150M cash injection he had went to Lewis for money injection (previous one was to back Jose) and was told no.

Anyone replacing him will be within the same boundaries and may be ever worse because instead of looking to increase revenues they may look at cutting costs to drive ENIC margins, they might also advise that ENIC starts to take dividends (could be a lot fudging worse).

FWIW, I don't think Lewis ever gave a brick and as long as his asset value is increasing Levy isn't under any real pressure from ENIC.

Levy is operating within the confines of the ENIC operating model, it has been reported that at least 3 times prior to the approval last season for the £150M cash injection he had went to Lewis for money injection (previous one was to back Jose) and was told no.

Anyone replacing him will be within the same boundaries and may be ever worse because instead of looking to increase revenues they may look at cutting costs to drive ENIC margins, they might also advise that ENIC starts to take dividends (could be a lot fudging worse).

FWIW, I don't think Lewis ever gave a brick and as long as his asset value is increasing Levy isn't under any real pressure from ENIC.

Yeah pretty much exactly what I was thinking too.

I don't think people will see the change they want (which, perhaps me being cynical... is to just spend more) until ENIC sell the club, which I just don't see happening.

Man C
Arse
Newc
Lpool
Man U
Spurs
Chelsea

COYS
We shouldn’t ‘expect’ CL qualification at all. We don’t operate the first team budget that several of those other clubs do and haven’t invested in our recruitment department unlike the others. Us fans can reasonably expect CL qualification seeing as we pay such huge ticket prices but the chairman certainly shouldn’t.

If we have to operate within the boundaries of club earned finances then that’s fine, but let’s get in a CEO that doesn’t happily oversee the complete neglect of the recruitment structure for the football club.

Back