• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chairman's message

"This has been an immensely difficult season. We made footballing decisions over recent seasons based on ambition and a desire to bring success to our Club and they have not delivered what we had hoped. Your frustration has been understandable and all of us at the Club have shared it."

Exactly that.
Building under Poch worked great. It hit a plateaux.
We tried with "winning" managers (and Nuno) instead - something lots of fans had been asking for. It didn't work.
Back to the build and develop model that worked well under Jol, Redknapp, Poch.
That's pretty exciting. Find the next Walker, Rose, Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Lennon etc.

We might already have 3/4 of those. Excited by Gil, Porro, Spence, Skipp, Udogie.

Excerpt that Levy left out the part where he met his (under) spending targets so that he and his directors could be paid handsomely despite poor footballing performance.

Chairman Daniel Levy provides a message for supporters in our official matchday programme for today's final home match of the season against Brentford...

Dear Supporters,

This has been an immensely difficult season. We made footballing decisions over recent seasons based on ambition and a desire to bring success to our Club and they have not delivered what we had hoped. Your frustration has been understandable and all of us at the Club have shared it.

We have undertaken a thorough and rigorous review of our footballing operations. Scott Munn joins us in the summer as our new Chief Football Officer and we look forward to sharing further news with you post-season.

Today, we need to focus on finishing the season as strongly as we can and get behind Ryan Mason and Vicky Jepson and their respective teams. I want to specifically thank Ryan. Not for the first time, Ryan, who has been with us since the age of seven, who has Spurs in his blood, has taken the reins and led the team, supported by Matt Wells, Nigel Gibbs, Perry Suckling and Gianni Vio, through these last few fixtures.

Thanks also to Vicky, supported by Anton Blackwood and Ryan Hudson, who has led the Women’s team for the latter part of the season. Our Women’s team will take on Reading in an historic double-header today.

This was the season when Harry Kane made Club history, breaking Jimmy Greaves’ long-standing record and becoming the Club’s all-time leading goalscorer with number 267 in our game against Emirates Marketing Project. He then went on to become England’s leading goalscorer. Congratulations Harry. These are amazing achievements with no doubt more to come, made even more special by the fact that Harry is a graduate of our Academy.

And, in regards to the Academy this season, I also want to congratulate our Under-17s and Under-18s who won their respective League Cups with their coaches Stuart Lewis and Bradley Allen. It speaks volumes about our player development at this level. They will take to the field at half-time to enjoy a lap of honour.

Today we say a fond farewell to Lucas Moura. Lucas - we wish you well – you will forever have a place in our history for your remarkable hat-trick against Ajax which took us into the Champions League Final in 2019.

I should like to thank everyone at the Club – all our staff, across all our locations, and our players – for their dedication and hard work during what has been a busy and often challenging season.

The Men’s and Women’s players will take to the pitch after their matches to show their appreciation for your support - and I thank you too. We shall spend the period ahead of next season working relentlessly to position our Club for on-pitch success and football you will love to come and watch. Every element of the Club’s operations is geared toward delivering that.

I wish all of you and your families good health and a wonderful summer.

Yours,

Daniel
Please fcuk off so that the football club can be run by somebody competent Daniel.

Yours,

Finney

Hopefully, he means it this time and it's the end of going after the likes of Mourinho and Conte and not what followed after his "our DNA" comments.
Lol…. You think he has any clue what attractive football (or not) is?
He’ll bring in somebody with a completely different system to the last manager, not really back them with new players and then sack them after about 12 games when they’re in 9th place in the league.

Completely. Fail this time (in terms of type of manager) and the club will lose huge amount of support IMO

At least he's recognising in the first para that the club has screwed various things up, and also recognising later the need to produce more entertaining football.

Big few days/weeks ahead for the club.

The one name which screams out as the right move is Slot
‘The club’ hasn’t screwed things up…. He has. He won’t actually take responsibility and walk however.

I’m not sure Slot is the right move…. He is undoubtedly a very good manager but I seriously doubt he’ll get the time at our club with our trigger happy chairman.

I want to see the posters of the trophies he mentioned previously... so so proud of the achievements under his tenure. No one, I mean no one else out there could have done a better job and so I am eternally grateful for that. For this alone I hope he stays forever and continues with all the success.

I'm thinking we should build a shopping centre next along with a leisure center along with other stuff so that we can be everything but a football club. Can you imagine the numbers ...

"This has been an immensely difficult season. We made footballing decisions over recent seasons based on ambition and a desire to bring success to our Club and they have not delivered what we had hoped. Your frustration has been understandable and all of us at the Club have shared it."

Exactly that.
We tried with "winning" managers (and Nuno) instead - something lots of fans had been asking for. It didn't work.
That's pretty exciting. Find the next Walker, Rose, Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Lennon etc.

We might already have 3/4 of those. Excited by Gil, Porro, Spence, Skipp, Udogie.
Rubbish…. You first made a decision for what you thought was the cheaper option bringing in Jose instead of listening to the great manager you already had who told you we needed a rebuild. You then appointed an absolute no-mark in Nuno.

I’m not sure Slot is the right move…. He is undoubtedly a very good manager but I seriously doubt he’ll get the time at our club with our trigger happy chairman.

Where do you go if not Slot?

I dont see Kompany, de Zerbi etc being easier to get
Enrique doesnt want it
Nagelsmann is a clear no from him
poch going to Chelsea

Where do you go if not Slot?

I dont see Kompany, de Zerbi etc being easier to get
Enrique doesnt want it
Nagelsmann is a clear no from him
poch going to Chelsea
Slot is very good…. But Levy wont give him the time or the money for the rebuild that he would need.

Amorim has a fighting chance of getting us back into Europe again (which might be enough for him to keep his job for another season)

Slot is very good…. But Levy wont give him the time or the money for the rebuild that he would need.

Amorim has a fighting chance of getting us back into Europe again (which might be enough for him to keep his job for another season)

Understand you wanting Amorim. Somewhat similar to Slot, however I think he'll be even harder and more expensive to get. The big Portuguese teams extract a big price for their players and can't see them not wanting the same for him

Does it matter who comes in? They won't be backed the way they would want. Levy knows best.

This is correct. We’re looking for some sort of Messianic figure. The club is not set up to be successful on the pitch.

This collapse is damning for Levy. Given where we were in March, it really couldn’t have gone any worse and the path for everything that went wrong leads back to Levy.

Understand you wanting Amorim. Somewhat similar to Slot, however I think he'll be even harder and more expensive to get. The big Portuguese teams extract a big price for their players and can't see them not wanting the same for him
I don’t ‘want’ him…. I just think he is one of very few people that has a chance of actually keeping his job for more than one season under our current chairman.

Exactly that.

Sorry, he was a fudging coward when we needed him.
Took our rapid ascendance for granted, thought it could self-perpetuate by throwing back-up signings at the coaching staff, bottled it when asked to actually move players out fast, fudged the manager on non-signings such as Mane and Grealish, wore down the good will, decided to make up with him only to royally fudge him three months later for a big-mouth liar, that failed, ended up going to another 'personality winner'...he has made decisions based on average football 'wisdom' (pick a winnnnnaaaaaahhhh!) instead of having a fudging clue as to who we are and what we had built again.
I'd love to think he's learnt his lesson, won't hold my breath.

I'll take Slot and some joy. We'll probably end up with Enrique and false expectations unmatched again.

Sorry, he was a fudging coward when we needed him.
Took our rapid ascendance for granted, thought it could self-perpetuate by throwing back-up signings at the coaching staff, bottled it when asked to actually move players out fast, fudged the manager on non-signings such as Mane and Grealish, wore down the good will, decided to make up with him only to royally fudge him three months later for a big-mouth liar, that failed, ended up going to another 'personality winner'...he has made decisions based on average football 'wisdom' (pick a winnnnnaaaaaahhhh!) instead of having a fudging clue as to who we are and what we had built again.
I'd love to think he's learnt his lesson, won't hold my breath.

I'll take Slot and some joy. We'll probably end up with Enrique and false expectations unmatched again.

Said it when poch brought him onto the pitch at ajax, he looked terrified.
Don’t think he knew what to do, with the club in the spotlight and with a chance to push on he pulled back.
For a club desperate for stability we've picked two chaos managers, I'm a big fan levy but this is on him.

Chairman Daniel Levy provides a message for supporters in our official matchday programme for today's final home match of the season against Brentford...

Dear Supporters,

This has been an immensely difficult season. We made footballing decisions over recent seasons based on ambition and a desire to bring success to our Club and they have not delivered what we had hoped. Your frustration has been understandable and all of us at the Club have shared it.

We have undertaken a thorough and rigorous review of our footballing operations. Scott Munn joins us in the summer as our new Chief Football Officer and we look forward to sharing further news with you post-season.

Today, we need to focus on finishing the season as strongly as we can and get behind Ryan Mason and Vicky Jepson and their respective teams. I want to specifically thank Ryan. Not for the first time, Ryan, who has been with us since the age of seven, who has Spurs in his blood, has taken the reins and led the team, supported by Matt Wells, Nigel Gibbs, Perry Suckling and Gianni Vio, through these last few fixtures.

Thanks also to Vicky, supported by Anton Blackwood and Ryan Hudson, who has led the Women’s team for the latter part of the season. Our Women’s team will take on Reading in an historic double-header today.

This was the season when Harry Kane made Club history, breaking Jimmy Greaves’ long-standing record and becoming the Club’s all-time leading goalscorer with number 267 in our game against Emirates Marketing Project. He then went on to become England’s leading goalscorer. Congratulations Harry. These are amazing achievements with no doubt more to come, made even more special by the fact that Harry is a graduate of our Academy.

And, in regards to the Academy this season, I also want to congratulate our Under-17s and Under-18s who won their respective League Cups with their coaches Stuart Lewis and Bradley Allen. It speaks volumes about our player development at this level. They will take to the field at half-time to enjoy a lap of honour.

Today we say a fond farewell to Lucas Moura. Lucas - we wish you well – you will forever have a place in our history for your remarkable hat-trick against Ajax which took us into the Champions League Final in 2019.

I should like to thank everyone at the Club – all our staff, across all our locations, and our players – for their dedication and hard work during what has been a busy and often challenging season.

The Men’s and Women’s players will take to the pitch after their matches to show their appreciation for your support - and I thank you too. We shall spend the period ahead of next season working relentlessly to position our Club for on-pitch success and football you will love to come and watch. Every element of the Club’s operations is geared toward delivering that.

I wish all of you and your families good health and a wonderful summer.

Yours,

Daniel

To translate:

Blah blah blah…NFL…blah blah blah…hotel…blah blah blah…overall value…blah blah blah…F1…blah blah blah…Skywalk…blah blah blah…DNA…blah blah blah…Statue…blah blah blah…not my fault…blah blah blah…Joe Lewis’s dividend…blah blah blah…are we still involved with football?…blah blah blah…

Said it when poch brought him onto the pitch at ajax, he looked terrified.
Don’t think he knew what to do, with the club in the spotlight and with a chance to push on he pulled back.
For a club desperate for stability we've picked two chaos managers, I'm a big fan levy but this is on him.

I heard rumours at the time that Levy didn't think he was getting enough credit at the time for where we were! Who knows. What I do know is he is very sensitive to fan reactions.

I heard rumours at the time that Levy didn't think he was getting enough credit at the time for where we were! Who knows. What I do know is he is very sensitive to fan reactions.

Sorry that's bollox... if he was sensitive to fand reactions he wouldn't be making the same mistakes season after season, or better yet held his hands up and said that his journey with spurs is over and that he hopes that he left the club better than he found it. Many thanks and bye.

Sorry that's bollox... if he was sensitive to fand reactions he wouldn't be making the same mistakes season after season, or better yet held his hands up and said that his journey with spurs is over and that he hopes that he left the club better than he found it. Many thanks and bye.

:D

I'm going nowhere sunshine hahahahaha.

Yeah, I have no idea whether it is true or not, but in the last four years has been a reaction to when HE is getting heat.
Poch sacked - fans bleating about it's over PLUS his coveted mate fluffed the pillow
Mourinho sacked - fans bleating (I was among them that time TBF)
Conte hired - incredible pressure after NuNO, we were all bleating and thus he reacted

Not quite. Sometimes you can be extremely sensitive to criticism, praise, etc., but without realizing that stepping away from what you're doing is best for all concerned.

You always think you can fix it, make it better, turn it around, until the day someone else comes up and tells you what needs to be said - that you're the problem.

Think Levy's at that stage. He lied (imo) about his being a 'lifelong fan' of us - doubt he gave a single crap about us before Lewis dropped his henchman into running us in 2001.

But, for better or worse, we are all he has now. If he makes a billion quid out of selling us, so what? He's 60, he won't have all that long to spend it or many places to spend it in.

But he's been here like a recalcitrant barnacle for 20 years - this is where he spent a third of his life, and where he hopes to leave his legacy.

And thus,I think he's in that situation I outlined. I agree with Steff that he's sensitive to criticism, but he hopes to cling on to the club (even when it's sold, if reports are to be believed), shows that he needs someone else - a new owner - to tell him to his face that he's utterly useless and not wanted here anymore. Because he won't realize it himself.

Praying that some new owner comes soon to tell him that to his face.

Back