• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

Re: Bye bye Caulker?

Extremely sad, and completely self defeating. We have an academy that is producing decent players who could be more and we're just not using them.

You could also look at it though as the Caulker sale has covered the running cost for the entire academy for say 2-3 years so has been successful

Everyone is blaming the club but Caulker is only going because HE has agreed to it. If he wanted to stay and fight for his place he could have done, regardless of offers for him. He may not have been first choice, but football is s funny game - injuries or other players loss of form could have given him his chance sooner rather then later next season - we will never know.

Does anyone know how many years left were on Caulker's contract?

I'm surprised at the transfer myself as I think he will get better in time but then, I'm not so surprised as I get the impression he's not so comfortable playing the AVB high line and all to often found himself caught out by a simple long ball. I recall in particular, Leeds away in the cup as a nightmare game for him. I think in a deep lying defensive set-up he will be fine and with promoted Cardiff he will put in some great performances, look good and everyone will be saying we mugged it.

I'm also surprised Liverpool with Rodgers in charge didn't show interest at that price. Perhaps the scousers did but they couldn't guarantee Caulker a first team start?

I suspect with an outside chance of the world cup next summer, Caulker's thinking is he needs games and looking at it from his point of view , it's a good move so I wish him all the best except for when we play Cardiff.

I think Dawson of the central defenders will be next.

Everyone is blaming the club but Caulker is only going because HE has agreed to it. If he wanted to stay and fight for his place he could have done, regardless of offers for him. He may not have been first choice, but football is s funny game - injuries or other players loss of form could have given him his chance sooner rather then later next season - we will never know.

Yes, he could've done a Dawson to QPR last season. I'm just hoping we have a decent sell on clause.

Really sad to see Caulker go.

It is plain madness IMO. We don't have sufficient cover there ( or at left back if Verts is needed to fill in there) then we only have two centre halves.

Whatever one thinks of Caulker NOW, no-one can deny that at 21 he remains a great prospect. Like so many others on here, I really hope this one doesn't come back to bite us.

Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well.

The price offered was too good to turn down. Just like if we were offered £33m for Vertonghen, we would sell.

Every player has his price, from Bale to Gomes.

With Baldini AVB Freund Sherwood and all the rest, we should be able to find a better player for less money.

If he was/is going to become the real thing is really just a matter of opinion.

My opinion is the type of defender he is (or is not), was highlighted by Vert. I think Caulker was much more likely to be a "Dawson" type defender vs. a Verts.

I think AVB is looking at more technical style players, if it looks like Dawson is staying, maybe AVB felt that was his one old style English defender.

Edit .. and agree with previous poster, the money for a squad player was probably worth taking.

The price offered was too good to turn down. Just like if we were offered £33m for Vertonghen, we would sell.

Every player has his price, from Bale to Gomes.

With Baldini AVB Freund Sherwood and all the rest, we should be able to find a better player for less money.

I don't think any of them are match fit.

Totally tinkled off with this. He is only 21 and going to get better and better.

We will regret this.

Those saying he chose to leave are full of it. If your team comes to you and says they have accepted an offer for you, you are going to feel unwanted. I don't blame him for leaving under those circumstances.

We currently have 1 fit centre back now. Ridiculous.

Would we be selling a player for £9M if we were expecting £60M-£100M in from another player? Seems a little pointless to me in those circumstances.

Am I the ink one who thinks we may now be in for Toby Auderwield who is in the last year of his contract and has made it clear he would come to us?

Back