• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

I'd like to be proved wrong but I think this is a bad move for the club, once that we'll most likely regret.

Our questionable squad depth just got even more questionable.

Best of luck to Steven in the future

Absolutely this.

Not impressed with this decision.

Maybe Gallas isn't going after all? 8-[

Bit of a strange decision for me. If he was willing to stay for a few seasons and be 4th/5th choice, why move him on? Especially as he cost us nothing and was a homegrown player?

Re: Bye bye Caulker?

Caulker is ridiculously overrated and i'm of the opinion that he won't make it but would we actually sell a centre back when the deal for the unknown Romanian looks to have fallen through?

What do you mean by "won't make it"?

Played for a top Prem team, and played for England.
Doing pretty well in my eyes.

Maybe you mean he won't be tracked by Madrid?

Big mistake IMO. Not really because we don't have options, I think we do, but Caulker will be an England starter in 3-4 years, I really believe(d) in that kid.

What do you mean by "won't make it"?

Played for a top Prem team, and played for England.
Doing pretty well in my eyes.

Maybe you mean he won't be tracked by Madrid?

He's overrated and is currently a pretty poor centre back. He made more mistakes and was caught out of position far more times than Gallas last season but Gallas was the GG whipping boy so Caulker's poor performances were swept under the rug. Can he improve? maybe slightly but his faults are positioning and lapses of concentration so i very much doubt he will improve much more then the level he's playing at now.

Big mistake IMO. Not really because we don't have options, I think we do, but Caulker will be an England starter in 3-4 years, I really believe(d) in that kid.

me too. fantastic young player. i can see him leaving cardiff in a few years for top team as well as being an england regular

](*,)

We sell the brightest prospect to have emerged from our ranks for a long, long time to fudging Cardiff, and plan to replace him with some Romanian no one had heard about until two days ago.

Caulker is only 21, and he was able to handle the Prem (if not master it) at both Swansea and Spurs in consecutive seasons. In two or three years, he will be an England regular. Of this I'm sure. And by then he'll be too expensive to even think about buying back. On top of that, he was a Spurs man who spent seven years in our academy, models himself on Ledley fudging King and talked repeatedly about wanting to make a long career here.

everyone who coached him called him intelligent and excellent positionally. He's no Lennon, but he's quick enough to keep up with most players as long as there's someone covering him. He can pass decently, is great in the air and strong as an ox. All of this will only get better.

This has been the most perplexingly stupid move I have seen us make for some time. That Romanian better turn out to be the Balkan version of Franco fudging Baresi, or else this will tinkle me off for a long time to come.

](*,)

We sell the brightest prospect to have emerged from our ranks for a long, long time to fudging Cardiff, and plan to replace him with some Romanian no one had heard about until two days ago.

Caulker is only 21, and he was able to handle the Prem (if not master it) at both Swansea and Spurs in consecutive seasons. In two or three years, he will be an England regular. Of this I'm sure. And by then he'll be too expensive to even think about buying back. On top of that, he was a Spurs man who spent seven years in our academy, models himself on Ledley fudging King and talked repeatedly about wanting to make a long career here.

everyone who coached him called him intelligent and excellent positionally. He's no Lennon, but he's quick enough to keep up with most players as long as there's someone covering him. He can pass decently, is great in the air and strong as an ox. All of this will only get better.

This has been the most perplexingly stupid move I have seen us make for some time. That Romanian better turn out to be the Balkan version of Franco fudging Baresi, or else this will tinkle me off for a long time to come.

Sorry but this simply did not happen? he mastered the premiership last season?

For such a great prospect it seems that not alot of the big boys see in Caulker what a lot of you see in him? All these professional scouts out there yet Cardiff City seem to be the only interested party??? Personally I think he was not a bad player but he was never gonna set the world on fire, to contend for CL places we need better players than Caulker and £9million is a massive amount for a bit part player...

yep, noticed a few like that today (from the same people)

It just adds to a fairly unchill and tetchy environment on here at the moment. I'm guilty on occasion of perhaps not thinking before I speak, but that's in real life, the beauty of the internet is that you actually have time to think things through...

I do not really agree with the pt of "he can't play the ball". He was the first team regular with Swansea in their first season EPL . The team dominated >60% possession most of the game , dare to play it short and on the ground whenever it's possible .

It's always sad to see player coming from the academy left the team . I do admitted that at this moment Caulker does not look as promising as some of us expected ,when we need a reliable CB for cover which AVB may think that Caulker is not good enough ATM, the time just doesn't match you can say. Therefore i am not against bringing in a new CB but he better prove his worth and he's better than Caulker.

For Caulker , a guarantee 1st team regular role in a lower team maybe better than just being a back up in the coming seasons.

Good luck .

If there is any truth in this then it does really irk me, spend so long developing a player who in my opinion clearly has massive potential then sell him on when as stated it's not our strongest position. Dawson is most definitely injury prone. Vertonghen could be out for longer than suggest (we've seen it happen many times before) and Kaboul is untried and untested since having a long spell out of action, therefore unreliable.

How many times have you seen the Romanian ModricTHFC?

I've watched Caulker for years through his loan spell days apart from when at Yeovil, I'm certain selling him for 9m will be something we would come to regret greatly. He is just 21, capped for England, is someone who we have developed through our academy who seems to have his head on his shoulders and seems to be an intelligent guy. This would tinkle me off more than selling Bale, genuinely. Hopefully it is untrue but when it's on bbc football homepage as a main article I do start to worry as I would say that is a sign that often makes me believe a story isn't just daily mail/metro brick.

Yep agree with this and it is a sad day for me, im actually pretty down now. I do not mind never getting to the top if we stuck by and give our youngsters a chance.

Pretty sure townsend and carroll will never get the chance to show their true worth with us either, very sad all round.

There are people on here that adopt a "superior" attitude and stance who pretend to be very knowledgeable about football when in truth they talk as much gonad*s as the rest of us.
We are supporters that have opinions, it's taken too seriously, should be more banter.

Yep agree with this and it is a sad day for me, im actually pretty down now. I do not mind never getting to the top if we stuck by and give our youngsters a chance.

Pretty sure townsend and carroll will never get the chance to show their true worth with us either, very sad all round.

Extremely sad, and completely self defeating. We have an academy that is producing decent players who could be more and we're just not using them.

Back