• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

Re: Cain Hoy takeover

I assume we would know fairly quickly if an offer is made, it would have to be announced right?

Meaning an offer has not been made, only an enquiry and they have till the 10th to make an offer?

The ideal scenario would be for ENIC to sell up, and for us to get proper owners like City and Chelsea have, who are prepared to match their ambition with the necessary cash. Unfortunately it's highly unlikely we'll be that lucky.

However after the depression of Sunday I have renewed optimism about the club with this possible takeover news. As I've said before it won't be difficult for new owners o match or better the English National 1 Cup in 14 years phalanx Ltd.

Please Cain Hoy take us over, please ENIC don't price us out of this golden opportunity if it is to arise.

How ironic I am now Ryan Nelsen. Who can forget that winter when we and Chelsea both needed CBs, we got Ryan, they got Cahill.
They got the CL, we got **** all besides heartbreak. The last 14 years summed up in a name. No disrespect to Ryan BTW, a proper professional, but not what we needed to consolidate 3rd place.

You really want to be like Chelsea and City?

I'd honestly rather we were in League Two than became a doped instant-gratification club with no dignity.

I assume we would know fairly quickly if an offer is made, it would have to be announced right?

Meaning an offer has not been made, only an enquiry and they have till the 10th to make an offer?

Hopefully they'll **** off even quicker. It's unsettling, and probably part of the reason the entitlement ****ers were so bad on Sunday

That's a rather spurious straw man argument Dubai. If you look at the annual report and the Deloitte annual review of football finance you'll get a good idea of where we are financially.

The new TV deal only came into affect last season, so it will be in the accounts for 2014-15.

that tv money comes in to effect from this season doesn't it Dubai?

Milo: isn't really an argument, more of a question and a statement of positions, both your position and the position of some other posters. The only firm statements I offered are that 1) the manager's job will become less and less attractive as the years wear on under ENIC, and that 2) we will spend less and less as the years roll by until either ENIC sells up pre-stadium or we get into the stadium and then they sell up. I can't see either of statements being provocative or overly brittle, just reliable indicators of what we'll see going forward.

Returning to the financial reports, however, the 2013 financial report (for the period ending 30th June 2013) showed a net profit before tax (excluding player trading) of 10.5 million quid, plus the profit made on player trading itself (expected given the departures of Luka and Rafa, and the value of their replacements in Dembele and Siggy). Presumably, the 2014 report will show similar financials, even excluding the larger profit we made on player trading (some 8 million quid, according to the often conservative estimates at transfermarkt). This year's reports will include the commercial deal with AIA, and the second installment of the money pledged by Under Armour for our kit deal, plus the TV money.

It thus seems reasonable to ask why we'd particularly need to encumber ourselves with a large portion of debt (some is inevitable) in light of these facts. And, if the TV deal and the one with AIA figure under the current year, the question becomes this: we haven't spent in anticipation of the revenue like most clubs do, so what are we saving it up for if not that albatross of a stadium?

I'd honestly rather we were in League Two than became a doped instant-gratification club with no dignity.
The more this goes on the more disheartened I feel....
**** city
**** Chelsea
**** hoy
**** the premium league

**** alll of this money grabber ****. I want to progress in a organic way taking the ups and downs along the way.

Tell City and Chelsea fans that their trophies don't count because they didn't come with the accompanying 'dignity'. Tell City fans that their pipping of their hated rivals to the title in 2011/2012 doesn't count because of the lack of dignity. Correspondingly, tell any football fan that living in the shadow of our own rivals for the entirety of the PL era, winning barely anything, ****ing up CL football in 11/12, lasagnagate in 05/06, arrogantly sacking manager after manager after manager, refusing to spend on player after player, having all our best players gleefully leave us because of a lack of 'ambition' while making tidy profits year after year....tell them that that's 'living with dignity'.

You'll be lucky if you don't get laughed out of the room, mate.

Hopefully they'll **** off even quicker. It's unsettling, and probably part of the reason the entitlement ****ers were so bad on Sunday
I am happy with ENIC but if they want to sell you have to assess the possible new owners. Cain Hoy has real money potentially, successful businessmen and a genuine Spurs fan aboard. Doesn't fill me with dread. Makes me nervous but not scared for the future of the club I love.

Tell City and Chelsea fans that their trophies don't count because they didn't come with the accompanying 'dignity'. Tell City fans that their pipping of their hated rivals to the title in 2011/2012 doesn't count because of the lack of dignity. Correspondingly, tell any football fan that living in the shadow of our own rivals for the entirety of the PL era, winning barely anything, ****ing up CL football in 11/12, lasagnagate in 05/06, arrogantly sacking manager after manager after manager, refusing to spend on player after player, having all our best players gleefully leave us because of a lack of 'ambition' while making tidy profits year after year....tell them that that's 'living with dignity'.

A lot of the decent Chelsea fans I know started loathing their club long ago and go and watch teams like Watford or Brighton now instead.

Doped success is very hollow.

A lot of the decent Chelsea fans I know started loathing their club long ago and go and watch teams like Watford or Brighton now instead.

One of my best mates is a Chelsea fan (I know, I know) and was a regular in the 80's and early 90's. He's pleased with their success but doesn't enjoy going to games any more and has little but distain for the post-Abramovich fans.

I can easily counter that with a couple of old City fans I know from my days in Dubai, who'd been there for all the ups and downs that club's had over the years (with our FA Cup game against them being he highlight of their pre-Mansour lives, as they never tired of reminding me when I used to live there) and who absolutely loved their title win in 2011-2012. The ultimate romantic football story, was what one of them described it as. And with all their club had gone through in the years before that, I couldn't blame them for cherishing that moment more dearly than any other.

It is all relative, mate. If you're resigned to the way we're being run now, and want to see success via this current ownership model, then that's fine. But please don't insist that being content under ENIC is living 'with dignity': to my mind, the way the club's acted over the past few years has been far from dignified, and while defending it in front of the fans of other clubs is something we should all do, deluding ourselves as to the realities of ENIC's ownership and trying to convince our own fans that we're doing things in a dignified way shouldn't happen, imo.

I'm absolutely with you on the matter of being bought by an owner who is prepared to invest heavily in the club. I'd have no problem with it (quite the opposite!). It would mean that we'd finally be able to compete on a level playing field, after all. That's a good thing. Not a bad thing.

However, a couple of issues with your post:

What is "arrogant" about sacking a manager? Ill advised, maybe; short sighted; premature; impatient - descriptions I can understand, even if I wouldn't agree in every instance. But "arrogant"?

"Refusing to spend on player after player"? You realise that we operate on a budget, right? And that we can't always get the players we want? Especially when bigger and richer clubs also want them?

"Having all our best players gleefully leave us because of a lack of ambition"? I'm trying to work out what is right about that claim! For starters, the use of the word "gleefully" is, as I am sure you are well aware, a creative liberty on your part in an attempt to add weight to your argument. Better to stick to the facts. Then "all our best players"? A convenient turn of phrase. Because it allows you arbitrarily to set the number of our "best players" at 4 - Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale. Furthermore, it ignores the pretty obvious conclusion that the better a player is, the more in demand he is going to be. And when the source of that demand is Real Madrid, there is little doubt about the outcome. It's not as though we're losing "all our best players" to Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Aston Villa, after all. Or even Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal, for that matter.

Finally, "lack of ambition while making tidy profits". We make tidy operating profits, true. But after player trading is accounted for, there's generally little or nothing left in the kitty. Sometimes, even, there's a small loss. Oh, and there are plenty of reasons to criticise Daniel Levy but lacking ambition isn't one of those.

I can easily counter that with a couple of old City fans I know from my days in Dubai, who'd been there for all the ups and downs that club's had over the years (with our FA Cup game against them being he highlight of their pre-Mansour lives, as they never tired of reminding me when I used to live there) and who absolutely loved their title win in 2011-2012. The ultimate romantic football story, was what one of them described it as. And with all their club had gone through in the years before that, I couldn't blame them for cherishing that moment more dearly than any other.

It is all relative, mate. If you're resigned to the way we're being run now, and want to see success via this current ownership model, then that's fine. But please don't insist that being content under ENIC is living 'with dignity': to my mind, the way the club's acted over the past few years has been far from dignified, and while defending it in front of the fans of other clubs is something we should all do, deluding ourselves as to the realities of ENIC's ownership and trying to convince our own fans that we're doing things in a dignified way shouldn't happen, imo.

What's romantic exactly about the title for City?
It's the equivalent of winning on FIFA by editing the team to have all the best players in.
I'm sure it feels great to win after all the ****e they went through, but nothing changes the fact Man U earned their titles, City purchased it.

That said, I'm split on this issue now.
A bit like diving - I'm thinking it may be time to accept that is how football is now (and let the authorities regulate) and just get on with it.
Its goes against all my principles though and if it did happen I'd have to seriously consider whether I wanted to follow football anymore

That said, I'm split on this issue now.
A bit like diving - I'm thinking it may be time to accept that is how football is now (and let the authorities regulate) and just get on with it.
Its goes against all my principles though and if it did happen I'd have to seriously consider whether I wanted to follow football anymore

Dortmund and Athletico are examples of how it can be done properly. Even Arsenal, and Liverpool last season, too

I can easily counter that with a couple of old City fans I know from my days in Dubai, who'd been there for all the ups and downs that club's had over the years (with our FA Cup game against them being he highlight of their pre-Mansour lives, as they never tired of reminding me when I used to live there) and who absolutely loved their title win in 2011-2012. The ultimate romantic football story, was what one of them described it as.

Clearly those old City fans had had one too many beers and are not the brightest.

Football doesn't really matter in THE GRAND scheme of everything.

But within its little context, the only point in winning is to do it the right way. If someone invests £2bn and you win...er... so what?

That is like me playing football against some 1 year old babies and proclaiming I am Lord of Football.

I'm not, I'm just a sad, twisted, idiot.

Dortmund and Athletico are examples of how it can be done properly. Even Arsenal, and Liverpool last season, too

Liverpool have been running massive losses for a few years now, not exactly how it should be done. Might even fall foul of FFP rules.

But you cannot invest fcuking 2 billion FFS will people stop saying a new owner can invest billions into a fcuking team. ](*,) I think the most is something like 40m in the red. FFP does not allow these types of owners any more.

Dortmund struck it lucky with a great youth policy and there was only one super club in there league whilst Atletico!!!! are millions in debt. :-k

Back