• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

Re: Cain Hoy takeover

Ha!

Got me a bit excited when I saw the headline "Club Announcement" on the official site!
Same as initially. But it is purely a formality in response to the interest. I don't think it indicates a real offer is being considered at all.

So, all the money saved up to finance the ground, and so not spent on the players that we needed is to be written off?!!

In theory our club has had a few poor, compared to what might have been achieved, seasons all so that Lewis could make more money...on that basis, I'm hoping for new owners who are willing to put up transfer funds.

You've lost me, mate!

What money saved up?

Why would it be "written off"?

How was it all about Lewis making money?

Same as initially. But it is purely a formality in response to the interest. I don't think it indicates a real offer is being considered at all.

Spurs are just doing what they're obliged to do by the City code.

The statement doesn't tell us one way or the other whether a bid is likely or whether it will be considered.

You've lost me, mate!

What money saved up?

Don't you know Lewis is secretly talking literally billions out of the club. Only taxi drivers and random people on the interwebs can see it though.

The ideal scenario would be for ENIC to sell up, and for us to get proper owners like City and Chelsea have, who are prepared to match their ambition with the necessary cash. Unfortunately it's highly unlikely we'll be that lucky.

However after the depression of Sunday I have renewed optimism about the club with this possible takeover news. As I've said before it won't be difficult for new owners o match or better the English National 1 Cup in 14 years phalanx Ltd.

Please Cain Hoy take us over, please ENIC don't price us out of this golden opportunity if it is to arise.

How ironic I am now Ryan Nelsen. Who can forget that winter when we and Chelsea both needed CBs, we got Ryan, they got Cahill.
They got the CL, we got **** all besides heartbreak. The last 14 years summed up in a name. No disrespect to Ryan BTW, a proper professional, but not what we needed to consolidate 3rd place.

Last edited:

You've lost me, mate!

What money saved up?

i do wonder if people realize that there's more to club finances than a transfer balance sheet :lol:

A takeover by a completely unknown entity whose intentions are even less known? I'll stick with the current owners, thanks.

In my opinion, this ENIC-is-suffocating-us-slowly theory belongs somewhere between crop circles and chemtrails on the spectrum.

City and Chelsea in the same sentence as 'proper owners'? I've seen it all now.

A takeover by a completely unknown entity whose intentions are even less known? I'll stick with the current owners, thanks.

In my opinion, this ENIC-is-suffocating-us-slowly theory belongs somewhere between crop circles and chemtrails on the spectrum.

I was going to write a long convoluted rant. Instead I can save some time and just say... "This."

I'm guessing that our player costs haven't changed much at all. As others have pointed out the end of net transfer spends coincided with the higher wages. The combined wage/transfer bill has probably been around 60-70% of revenue all along.

So you're happy with one Lge cup in 14 years compared to the haul of trophies Chelsea and City have gained. Two clubs who were smaller than us twenty years ago, indeed probably fifteen years ago, and now both dwarf us. Give me Prem titles FA Cups the CL, and if that means believing in crop circles I'll sacrifice my intellectual integrity for the greater good of Spurs. Their eyes have seen the glory, the once proud Coc_kerel's eyes search a barren wilderness.

i don't think you can blame Levy for being frugal at that point El Guepardo - we were miles out in front of 4th and even further ahead of 5th - the team was playing fantastic and we already had Defoe/Pav as bench options that rarely got a look in as it was. and then on top of that he was faced with the possibility of the manager leaving at the end of the season - meaning potentially any signing might not be wanted by his replacement - we saw what happened when we qualified for the CL before - the money got swallowed up by wage increases and bonuses, so every penny still counts. weighing everything up at that point short term deals made the most sense.

Excellent points.

So you're happy with one Lge cup in 14 years compared to the haul of trophies Chelsea and City have gained. Two clubs who were smaller than us twenty years ago, indeed probably fifteen years ago, and now both dwarf us. Give me Prem titles FA Cups the CL, and if that means believing in crop circles I'll sacrifice my intellectual integrity for the greater good of Spurs. Their eyes have seen the glory, the once proud Coc_kerel's eyes search a barren wilderness.
I think that you have made the 1 trophy in 14 years point enough now. As others have said, that is not the only way to judge the performance of our owners and ignores a number of other factors. But regardless of that, I think that it is time for you to to drop that line of argument and allow the conversation to move on.

this is what everyone seems to forget - wages and transfers go hand in hand really - we used to outspend Arsenal a fair bit on transfers quite a bit but they always had a much higher wage bill, which kept them in front (able to pay a higher caliber of player more money) as our wages rose the money available for transfers went down

And the recent revenue increases via the garguantuan TV deals and commercial sponsorships, where did that money end up? Some posters claimed that the money had most likely gone into the stadium fund, but now Milo insists that we were never saving up any money for the stadium at all, and that the profits we made in the transfer windows alone over the last five years (some 12 million pounds, if I remember correctly) was simply thrown away out the window in order to preserve the club's attractiveness for when ENIC do sell up.

Again, just curious. Doesn't change the facts on the ground (the longer ENIC are around, the less and less attractive the 'manager, THFC' job becomes, and the less money we'll spend on the playing side of things), but it would be interesting to deduce how we could still be encumbered with loan repayments for the stadium after the relative austerity of the last five years and the financial bonanza the PL's become over that time.

I think that you have made the 1 trophy in 14 years point enough now. As others have said, that is not the only way to judge the performance of our owners and ignores a number of other factors. But regardless of that, I think that it is time for you to to drop that line of argument and allow the conversation to move on.

Okay, as you're an admin, I'll leave it at that. Please tell me when I am allowed to mention our history again. I'll carry on arguing against ENIC with one arm tied metaphorically behind my back. How about 'our lack of success', is that okay?

And the recent revenue increases via the garguantuan TV deals and commercial sponsorships, where did that money end up? Some posters claimed that the money had most likely gone into the stadium fund, but now Milo insists that we were never saving up any money for the stadium at all, and that the profits we made in the transfer windows alone over the last five years (some 12 million pounds, if I remember correctly) was simply thrown away out the window in order to preserve the club's attractiveness for when ENIC do sell up.

Again, just curious. Doesn't change the facts on the ground (the longer ENIC are around, the less and less attractive the 'manager, THFC' job becomes, and the less money we'll spend on the playing side of things), but it would be interesting to deduce how we could still be encumbered with loan repayments for the stadium after the relative austerity of the last five years and the financial bonanza the PL's become over that time.
That's a rather spurious straw man argument Dubai. If you look at the annual report and the Deloitte annual review of football finance you'll get a good idea of where we are financially.

The new TV deal only came into affect last season, so it will be in the accounts for 2014-15.

that tv money comes in to effect from this season doesn't it Dubai?

The ideal scenario would be for ENIC to sell up, and for us to get proper owners like City and Chelsea have, who are prepared to match their ambition with the necessary cash. Unfortunately it's highly unlikely we'll be that lucky.

"Proper owners"????????

You do realise that Abramovich and Mansour are outliers, right? They're not the norm. Besides, there's no such qualification as a "proper owner". There are those who own football clubs and there are those who don't. That's all. Of course, there are different types of owner - none of them more "proper" than another. There are parasites - like the Glazers. There are billionaire benefactors (very rare birds). And then there are the remainder - all doing the best that they can with the resources available to them, with varying degrees of success (or abject failure).

However after the depression of Sunday I have renewed optimism about the club with this possible takeover news. As I've said before it won't be difficult for new owners o match or better the English National 1 Cup in 14 years phalanx Ltd.

Please Cain Hoy take us over, please ENIC don't price us out of this golden opportunity if it is to arise.

What "golden opportunity"? It's fine to be excited about what a takeover might mean. But you know next to nothing about Cain Hoy. So why are you so keen to throw yourself unquestioningly into their arms? Are you aware, for instance, that Todd Boehly's speciality is leveraged credit? Fancy a bit of that? How about a little smidgeon of caution and prudence instead? At least let's hear what they've got to say before bending over and spreading our cheeks.

Spot on.

Did he say that? If all you can muster is a lame, straw man fallacy, then you'd be better off not posting at all.

As to the rest, it's one thing to criticise ENIC for things they have got wrong but effectively to criticise them for not being a Russian gangster businessman or an Arabian prince is just plain silly.

Last edited:
Back