• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Towards the start of the thread somebody said that 3 points against your rivals is better than 3 against Sheffield United....

I am not disagreeing as such but i do remember that when Man U last won the league they got 57 points out 0f 60 from the teams that finished in the bottom 10...

Without Europe and the League cup we have no excuse not to be up for an away premier league game.... If we'd played away in a tense game at Real Madrid on the Wednesday and had to go to Wolves on the Saturday its is totally different...

I almost feel that if we can concentrate on beating the supposedly 'lesser' teams , we will then face the bigger teams with confidence and a winning spirit and that must help..

As for can we???? I doubt it but COYS...

Yes we Caan.
07caan1-articleLarge-v2.jpg
No we Cant.
psx17.jpg

Towards the start of the thread somebody said that 3 points against your rivals is better than 3 against Sheffield United....

I am not disagreeing as such but i do remember that when Man U last won the league they got 57 points out 0f 60 from the teams that finished in the bottom 10...

Without Europe and the League cup we have no excuse not to be up for an away premier league game.... If we'd played away in a tense game at Real Madrid on the Wednesday and had to go to Wolves on the Saturday its is totally different...

I almost feel that if we can concentrate on beating the supposedly 'lesser' teams , we will then face the bigger teams with confidence and a winning spirit and that must help..

I don’t think we can because it won’t be about us
But I think we can have a brilliant season
I do agree with your comment about beating the ones that are weaker
Flat track bullies are not unsuccessful , their are annoying.
I made a big point that last season we saw how teams without big European fixtures excelled (and teams with minimal WC exposure)
That’s a leveller this season as those teams are now slogging it out midweek and getting injuries

Last edited:

Sure, but if we are racing against Arse, head to head, it is double bubble if we take points off them. Likewise for Pool and the other 6 challengers for the top.

Hmm, I was thinking we Cann but that was a really insipid display.

Loads of passing the buck and turning back and feeding it back to the centre backs to recycle.

We need more balls. Bigger, fatter, heavier, sweatier balls. The kind of balls that rest on your chest and make you think "Oh HELLO".

Before the season every pundit said Burnley look good.
They said Cheatski had bought great players and Poch would get them playing.
They said Brentford could push on with their great system.
They said Spurs would do well to finish 8th.
I think we can prove them very wrong.

18 MNC
17 TOT ARS
16 LIV
15 AST BHA
13 WHU
12 NEW
11 CRY
9 MNU
8 FUL*
7 NOT* WOL
6 BRE*
5 CHE*
4 EVE LUT*
3 BOU
1 BUR*

*one fewer game

"Cuthbert, Dibble, and was the last one Spud? Sounded like it :grinning:
The fire phalanx is perhaps Trumpton's most-recognised feature. Captain Flack's roll-call was recited in all but one episode:

"Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb."

Puppeteer Gordon Murray explained that "Pugh and Pugh are twins you must understand – not Hugh, Pugh".[2] In the episode "Cuthbert's Morning Off",[3] Cuthbert's name is omitted (due to his absence). They are continually being called out to attend some emergency or other (in many cases to resolve fairly trivial matters), but to Captain Flack's annoyance never an actual fire. The main reason for this was the difficulty of animating fire, water, and smoke,[4]

And was Fern Britton’s brother in law.
The fire phalanx is perhaps Trumpton's most-recognised feature. Captain Flack's roll-call was recited in all but one episode:

"Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb."

Puppeteer Gordon Murray explained that "Pugh and Pugh are twins you must understand – not Hugh, Pugh".[2] In the episode "Cuthbert's Morning Off",[3] Cuthbert's name is omitted (due to his absence). They are continually being called out to attend some emergency or other (in many cases to resolve fairly trivial matters), but to Captain Flack's annoyance never an actual fire. The main reason for this was the difficulty of animating fire, water, and smoke,[4]

I stand corrected.

We’ve had a great start, but still not played anyone decent.

Let’s see how we get on against the like of City, and er… well, yeah, City.
We beat City last season under Conte yet ended up with our worst league finish in about 10 years. Really doesn’t matter does it,

Back