• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Can you please keep it down, you're giving me a headache

It has been dead for many years, if you are comparing to the 80's when I used to enjoy going and standing and singing.

Died many years ago, now if you were in any of the other stands I think they tolerate this sort of behaviour so in future maybe just accept your in a stand that does not make much noise.

I like the idea of singing I just do not want it in my ear drums like has happened a few times.

Then I suggest some cheap ear plugs from the chemists or you could plump for a set of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones. There's always the danger that in a crowd of 36,000-ish people there might be some noise.

I see a lot of comments about supporting your team and to expect some noise etc. But there is a difference from singing and supporting your side in comparison to some so called supporters who seem to spend the whole game just swearing at the ref, opposition, our players and anything else. Jumping up and down like nutters ffing and blinding.

Personally I love a good sing along. But there seems to be a large contingent of fans more who just go to hurl abuse. I was sat next to one on Thursday and he never Sang along to one song. Just spent the whole game busting a blood vessel swearing.

That to me is not supporting your side or showing passion.

There are different types of fans, and support can't be classified in one way.

I was there yesterday - in the West stand - and didn't sing one word. I don't like singing along, I just want to watch the game, with the best view I can get, which is why I like the West stand. I enjoy listening to the atmosphere, and understand the roles fans play in affecting the mindset of the players and the tempo of the game, but singing just isn't for me. I just can't buy into the pantomine of it, and I'm naturally a quieter sort of person. It doesn't make me a 'worse' supporter. Clearly, I wouldn't tell anyone to be quiet, but it is annoying when someone's shouting in your ear, when you're trying to enjoy, or dare I say, concentrate.

At the other end of the spectrum, would the loudest and brutest of fans be able to or enjoy having the sort discussions we have here? That doesn't make for an ideal fan either - the constant aggression, narrow mindedness and inability to appreciate some of the more technical elements of the game.

There really is a balance and different sorts of fans. Some fans do a great job in motivating the team and others add other elements of support like analysis.

Some fans do a great job in motivating the team and others add other elements of support like analysis.

I did laugh. The West stand giving support through analysis!!!!!!!!
Being serious, I appreciate that not everyone likes to sing and chant, but I sure as hell do, it's one of the things that makes football special, the atmosphere at the Lane can be electric, magnificent. I shall be singing till I am hoarse on Thursday, whatever the score, else why the feck travel to fecking Portugal?

Some fans do a great job in motivating the team and others add other elements of support like analysis.

I did laugh. The West stand giving support through analysis!!!!!!!!
Being serious, I appreciate that not everyone likes to sing and chant, but I sure as hell do, it's one of the things that makes football special, the atmosphere at the Lane can be electric, magnificent. I shall be singing till I am hoarse on Thursday, whatever the score, else why the feck travel to fecking Portugal ?

http://www.vilajoya.com

not got a problem with fans who want to sit in quiet - as long as there's a clear understanding where and when that's appropriate - don't turn up in the south/east lower sections and demand everyone is seated and quiet ...but on the other hand don't turn up in the West Stand and treat it the same as the you would other parts of the ground.

not got a problem with fans who want to sit in quiet - as long as there's a clear understanding where and when that's appropriate - don't turn up in the south/east lower sections and demand everyone is seated and quiet ...but on the other hand don't turn up in the West Stand and treat it the same as the you would other parts of the ground.

Oooohhhhh

But billy everyone should be seated south/east lower sections, it is the rules and the ground could in theory be closed if we do not as we are breaking the rules. As a mod you should be aware that rules for behaviour are there to protect us all.

:p:lol:

A mate of mine sits in the North Stand and when I told him I usually get tickets for the south he described that end as the "rowdy lot" lol. To be fair though a lot of grounds seem to have areas where the families like to sit in a bit of peace and an area where the fans that want to sing their hearts out congregate.

I remember when I sat in the West the last game of the 2010/11 season (the CL sesaon), and the two people either side of me bitched about Modric being awful all season and wanting to sell him to Chelsea.

That my friends, is why the West stand, is a joke, and an embarrassment. Some of the people in there really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

For me personally, attending football matches is about the banter, shouting for your team, spurring them on, if you're there to simply treat it as theatre... in an NLD.. then there is something seriously wrong.

There are different types of fans, and support can't be classified in one way.

I was there yesterday - in the West stand - and didn't sing one word. I don't like singing along, I just want to watch the game, with the best view I can get, which is why I like the West stand. I enjoy listening to the atmosphere, and understand the roles fans play in affecting the mindset of the players and the tempo of the game, but singing just isn't for me. I just can't buy into the pantomine of it, and I'm naturally a quieter sort of person. It doesn't make me a 'worse' supporter. Clearly, I wouldn't tell anyone to be quiet, but it is annoying when someone's shouting in your ear, when you're trying to enjoy, or dare I say, concentrate.

At the other end of the spectrum, would the loudest and brutest of fans be able to or enjoy having the sort discussions we have here? That doesn't make for an ideal fan either - the constant aggression, narrow mindedness and inability to appreciate some of the more technical elements of the game.

There really is a balance and different sorts of fans. Some fans do a great job in motivating the team and others add other elements of support like analysis.

I actually appreciated a lot of the beginning of your statement and understood your point of view, yes you're fully allowed to go to just watch and analyse, as is anyone and I'd never suggest that people shouldn't be allowed to go to the match to experience it in whichever way they so choose. But I'll say for starters you're totally wrong in your generalisation that all of the people who make the most noise (paraphrasing you slightly) make the least intelligent contributions to debate. I'll add that as I prefer to sit in the park lane (I'd prefer even more if they introduced safe standing in the new stadium) I can only imagine what it might feel like if as close to everyone as possible in the stadium made as much noise as we do. Can you imagine what an atmosphere that would be? How intimidating for the opposition and supportive to our team. I guess the key word there is support.

I actually appreciated a lot of the beginning of your statement and understood your point of view, yes you're fully allowed to go to just watch and analyse, as is anyone and I'd never suggest that people shouldn't be allowed to go to the match to experience it in whichever way they so choose. But I'll say for starters you're totally wrong in your generalisation that all of the people who make the most noise (paraphrasing you slightly) make the least intelligent contributions to debate. I'll add that as I prefer to sit in the park lane (I'd prefer even more if they introduced safe standing in the new stadium) I can only imagine what it might feel like if as close to everyone as possible in the stadium made as much noise as we do. Can you imagine what an atmosphere that would be? How intimidating for the opposition and supportive to our team. I guess the key word there is support.

Well said. I would love to see it but unfortunately it will never be the case. I want to try and get to experience other mental fans abroad who come in hours before kick off and go crazy. Appreciate that's not for everyone.

You hit the tickle my balls with a feather. The west stand are spectators. The other stands at least try and support.

what a load of self righteous ******** has been spewed out in this thread

if you want to sing fine, if you don't that's also fine, you pay for your ticket, you enjoy the seat however you like

Exactly, so if someones singing don't tell them to shut up. They paid for it, enjoy it how they like. As long as their not singing the Y word of course.;)

**** the headache lot, go like Brazil. Whistles, every one chanting, clapping, drums and then BANG fireworks firing off around the stadium everywhere, smoke covering the pitch, flares being thrown about like inflatable hammers...

[video=youtube;dT72mnFTwzA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT72mnFTwzA[/video]

If the headache lot still complain after that they can have a paracetemol!

I've been to a game at the Bernabeu, I did think it was a bit loud, how do the players concentrate with all that whistling?

I think you misunderstood - perhaps I didn't explain my point well.

I was looking at the most extreme fan - the one who gets absolutely ****ed before the game and looking for fights. I'm sure he's extremely vocal in the crowd, but I bet he's not on this board, attempting to look objectively at the club. That's all.

It's a difficult balance and I do sometimes think I'm wasting a space in the ground, as my benefit isn't directly obvious.

Sat in West Upper today, Zone 4.
Spent most of the game perving at GILF's legs, who I was sat next too. Cracking view of the pitch and her pins. Right near to the end there almost a scrap, nothing to do with me or the GILF btw, a father and son were kicking off with another lad, it was inches from being a full blown scrap, never thought I'd see that in the West Upper.
Thought Spurs sounded loud today, shame that those cun ts had the advantage from the first minute.

Granny I'd like to f*ck? :|

Back