• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Can you please keep it down, you're giving me a headache

I've only sat in the West Stand once for the Inter game in the CL a few years back. I got told to sit down after I'd stood up when a couple of dangerous balls were thrown into the Inter box by Spurs. Never had that at any stand or ground before or since. Clearly someone who doesn't follow us away from home where we're normally stood for 90 mins!
On the flip side there were a couple of corporates sat next to me from a bank. One guy, an Irish fella, praised my passion in supporting the team and encouraging them for 90 mins. Said he'd never seen anything like it and it was great to see, even shook my hand & congratulated us on the win at the end of the game. I thought that was a nice touch from someone who clearly wasn't as emotionally involved!

Park Lane is my preference as I can tend to be myself more in that stand - i.e. I can sing and support the team, and if I lose my rag and want to let rip at the ref then I know no-one is bothered.
Have to reign it in a bit in the Paxton with it being the family stand - but I don't mind as I know before I go in what the rules are.

Interesting thread this. I must admit I am not much of a singer when I go, I'll join in with the odd chant or song, but not the majority. Most of the time I'll sit there quietly watching (and hopefully enjoying) the game. I'm not one to spend my time ****ging off our team or hurling abuse at the referee or an opponent either, I personally don't see the point in getting het up about something over which I have no control. I'm not bothered if I'm sitting in an area surrounded by people who want to sing, so long as I don't get abused if I choose not to join in. Equally, I'm not bothered if I'm in a quiet area where a few people are singing their heads off for the entire game. What does bother me is if I'm in an area where the majority of people sit for the whole game, and people in front of me insist upon standing. If you want to stand, sit in the Park Lane lower, don't come and sit in the Paxton family area and obstruct my view.

Back