• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bundesliga - best in the world

I'm not delibaretly trying to be pedantic or anything here but I'm still unsure of what you mean.

VDV plays football - Terrific player with great technique and a beautifal face but often doesn't stick to his position which can lead to areas of the pitch being congested, which may show a lack of tactical nous when it comes to formations and player organization

Mourinho doesn't play football - Has won a few trophies in his time due to understanding formations and tactics

How does VDV know more about anything in a managerial sense? I don't understand.

Ok stop, read back exactly what I said, then your response then our current conversation.

You are now not understanding something I have never said. Let's keep it to exactly what you said and what my responses are, dont introduce stuff that we havent talked about.

My point about mentioning Mourinho never kicking a ball was because you were not sure why VDV would be a good manager for us as, in your opinon, doesnt know where he is meant to be playing or how to organise other players. My point. Neither did Mourinho.

Does anyone here follow a particular German team, by the way? Mine's FC K?Âln, because I can relate to the characteristic underachievement.;)

FC St.Pauli (Hamburg)

[video=youtube;R3aD8cBHMhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3aD8cBHMhI[/video]

I was considering going over for a game earlier in the season. The cost breakdown was as follows:

Match ticket - ?ú7 (!)
Flights to Leipzig - ?ú20
Train to Hamburg (about 3 hours but you know their trains can't be as brick as ours?) - ?ú15
Hotel for overnight stay - ?ú30

Total cost = ?ú72

Average ticket price for category A match ticket only at Spurs = ?ú65-70. That is before considering travel costs and anything you buy at the ground. So with the saving on the ticket price, I can actually fly over to Germany, get the train to Hamburg, stay the night and see the game.... all for about the same as a match ticket at Spurs!

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? ](*,)

Ok stop, read back exactly what I said, then your response then our current conversation.

You are now not understanding something I have never said. Let's keep it to exactly what you said and what my responses are, dont introduce stuff that we havent talked about.

My point about mentioning Mourinho never kicking a ball was because you were not sure why VDV would be a good manager for us as, in your opinon, doesnt know where he is meant to be playing or how to organise other players. My point. Neither did Mourinho.

"Well you said VDV doesnt know where he is meant to be playing nevermind trying to organise other players, this obviously has to mean on the park, so VDV will know more about that than Mourinho ever will."

My interpretation of the above is that you said VDV will know more about player organisation than Mourinho. You appear to have come to this conclusion by the fact that VDV plays football at a high level and Mourinho doesn't, I'm not trying to introduce anything. You are the one who made the original comment, which was an interesting one which provoked me in to joining the discussion, surely as someone introducing an idea which is fairly original in content, you should be the one who is backing it up with research analysis and statistics. You don't have to if you don't want to though, I'm not being delibarately slow here but can understand if you can't be arsed to explain what you meant.

Ridiculous, and poorly-thought out at best. I already spend 300 out of 365 days a year worrying endlessly about Spurs, plus the other sixty-five pleading with the football gods to let us sign someone half-decent for once. That's 'support'. Following a team is a different, altogether more mellow experience. You crack a smile when you see them doing well, and you frown when you see them doing badly. That's really about it. Do I care much that Koln sacked Stale Solbakken? no, not really. Do I care they're selling Podolski? yeah, I feel a bit sad about it. Do I feel as bad as I would if we sold Bale? Hardly.

But when it comes down to it, a match between FC Koln and Spurs, who would I be supporting? I'd be roaring in anger at Modric misplacing a pass or Adebayor missing an open goal the same as I always would. I'd celebrate if we won, like I always would. I'd moan and fall into blackest depressions if we lost, like I always would. That won't really change.

Your narrow, excessively dogmatic view of what constitutes football support is rather mystifying to see. Do you never crack a smile when a small team rushes up to beat the big boys? Never feel a bit of joy at an underdog triumphing? Never a sense of satisfaction at seeing a team run the right way, with the right support, winning something?

If you do, you're as much of a supposed 'disloyal' supporter as I am. If you don't, then you're a rather miserable individual when it comes to the sport you follow.

Football is a game. yes, it is Spurs first and everything else second for all of us. But that 'everything else' part is still there. It's nothing you should ignore completely and blind yourself to, like some sort of bizarre cult in a darkened room paying homage to the statue of Jason Dozzell you shower with ritualistic sacrifices every day. It's a wonderful sport that encompasses the entire world; try looking at it for once.

Complete and utter tosh. I'm more surprised I read all of it. I must be going soft.

Who you supporting this week ? Spurs, Koln, Milan, Barca ? hard to tell there's probably that many of them.

Complete and utter tosh. I'm more surprised I read all of it. I must be going soft.

Who you supporting this week ? Spurs, Koln, Milan, Barca ? hard to tell there's probably that many of them.

And you miss the point as adroitly as Fernando Torres would. Not really surprised, I must say.

Still, for what it's worth, I'll be supporting the team in my username. And afterward, I'll check if Koln did well. Then, at the Euros, I'll lend my voice to cheering England for the Euros, not that I expect that'll help much. And then, come the first game in August, I'll be supporting Spurs again.

You have fun sitting in your dark closet of football ignorance and outright hostility towards anyone you consider to be less 'loyal' than you. I imagine if Accrington Stanley rushed up the divisions and won the PL title using only players from within a 20-mile radius of the ground and with a budget 1/500th of United's, you would be the one bloke who angrily tells everyone to stop cheering or feeling good about it because it had nothing to do with Spurs.

I know you won't, but try opening your eyes mate. Football is a global game, with billions of fans, millions of players and thousands of teams. Just because a fellow fan has a slightly bigger interest in the game as a whole than you doesn't automatically mean he's a glory-hunting sod-off with twenty thousand teams to his name. Try admiring the game for once, it's not that hard.

Judging by your previous post, though, you'll likely accuse me of being a glory hunter and deride my post as 'utter tosh'. Oh well. Einstein did say some pertinent things about human stupidity...

Bayern have sold all tickets for the 17 home games at their 69,000-capacity Allianz Arena from August 24 next when the 2012/2013 season gets underway.

Season ticket holders account for 39,500 places.

Not bad.

Back