• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bundesliga - best in the world

I've been saying this for the past few years. It's a very entertaining league football wise, for the past years there has always been some kind of different winner in the league, from Bayern, to Dortmund, to Wolfsburg, to Stuttgart etc. I think the crowds are brilliant and I like the look of some of the stadiums, most notably Dortmund's and Bayern's.

I remember even betting on a Bundesliga 2 game and watching it, the atmosphere would put a lot of big Premier League teams to shame, just awesome!

I remember a couple of seasons ago, Dortmund fans boycotted a game because the ticket prices were raised to €20! Ridiculous, they'd have a heart attack at the prices Spurs(and other clubs over here) charge.

In terms of quality and skill, La Liga is the best in my opinion. The Bundesliga is certainly very entertaining and fantastic value for money! Would love to go to a game at either the Allianz or Westfalenstadion.

Fantastic league, great distribution of home-grown talent and international players.

It reflects on their national team too. The German team are pretty frickin' awesome in every department.

One thing I love about Germany is how its about the one place in the world where they don't give a brick about the EPL. It's practically impossible to find anywhere that screens it because they are so obsessed with their own league.

Love the Bundesliga. A model of good administration. Their 'fifty-one' rule means the fans are the majority owners at every club, meaning no fudge ups of the kind that you see here with Portsmouth and Port Vale. Their ticket prices are cheap, their beer's tolerable (and legal to bring onto the terraces), you can have a smoke and a laugh with some great people, and there's standing areas. Plus their fanbases are devoted and the football isn't half bad either.

The Number One Bestest Leeg in Teh World (tm) could learn a few things from it.

Does anyone here follow a particular German team, by the way? Mine's FC K?Âln, because I can relate to the characteristic underachievement.;)

I am a Borussia Monchengladbach fan by default - saw Australia play at their stadium last year. Didn't really think much of Germany before I went, but it's a wonderful place. The football is just one example of how everything just seems to work.

Ein fohlen und ein rote. Wunderbar.;)

Borussia are actually quite similar to us; hit the heights in the sixties, faded away after, are only just re-establishing themselves. Hope they overhaul Stuttgart and make that final CL spot, it'll be good to see both Borussias in European football for once.

dortmund.. i started following them some ten-fifteen years ago, before they were dominating like they have been the last few seasons.. (similar to my connection with tottenham) my favorite player was a certain tom?íš rosick?¢... 8-[

In terms of quality and skill, La Liga is the best in my opinion. The Bundesliga is certainly very entertaining and fantastic value for money! Would love to go to a game at either the Allianz or Westfalenstadion.

I'd agree with that. A Top 7 (at best) club from La Liga completely obliterated the PL champions over two legs recently. They couldn't even take the ball off them, ffs! Atletico and Valencia would be strong contenders for Top 4 in the PL. Barcelona and Real Madrid are streets ahead of other clubs around them in terms of player quality and most players aspire to play for either of them. Good weather, decent tax cut, etc.

Last edited:
I'd agree with that. A Top 7 (at best) club from La Liga completely obliterated the PL champions over two legs recently. They couldn't even take the ball off them, ffs! Atletico and Valencia would be strong contenders for Top 4 in the PL. Barcelona and Real Madrid are streets ahead of other clubs around them in terms of player quality and most players aspire to play for either of them. Good weather, decent tax cut, etc.

If Man United really wanted to win that tie they could have done easily. Bilbao are not a better team than Man United. It's not even close.

I went to Berlin for a short break last year and went to Hertha BSC vs 1860 Munich. Second division match and the crowd was just under 58,000! Great atmosphere too, only downside was that a win for Berlin would have seen them either promoted or confirmed as champions (I forget which) and they lost 2-1, so I missed out on any possible post match party atmosphere. Great experience though, would really like to go back and try out a different club / city.

If Man United really wanted to win that tie they could have done easily. Bilbao are not a better team than Man United. It's not even close.

That's a strange logic. Are you suggesting they threw the game away on purpose? I can recall countless spells of possession where Utd were chasing shadows at best -they were tactically and physically outplayed by a team that would cause many PL sides problems

Last edited:
Back