• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

I hope he kicks on from here, I know it sounds strange but I get the impression he is trying too hard at times and loses understanding of his role.
No that’s completely fair
I think conte puts enormous pressure on players with his expectations and it’s never easy for young players in this league
What Gil did really well was come in off the wing to move central and bring a man with him

He did a lot well tonight, still needs to toughen up a bit as he is pushed over far too easily which will hopefully come the more he acclimatises to the league, but clearly has a good football brain when on the ball and head up

why so difficult for a pro sportsperson to put on some bulk?

Energy expenditure for one. The amount of calories he'd have to consume to counteract training every day and a lifetime of training.

Add to that even putting on a couple of pounds changes your fitness levels, how to you feel within yourself, what you can and can't do physically etc. He'll probably get stronger over time but at the weight he is.

S&C in football rarely focuses on weight gain (though it should, like it does in other sports where bulking like that is done during the teenage years when the body is growing anyway).

Energy expenditure for one. The amount of calories he'd have to consume to counteract training every day and a lifetime of training.

Add to that even putting on a couple of pounds changes your fitness levels, how to you feel within yourself, what you can and can't do physically etc. He'll probably get stronger over time but at the weight he is.

S&C in football rarely focuses on weight gain (though it should, like it does in other sports where bulking like that is done during the teenage years when the body is growing anyway).
In some other sports they also use additional "help" to build bulk. To be honest I don't know if he needs to bulk up per se. There have been loads of lighter players, he does need to play and get use the physical interactions and then his superior skill and quick feet will see him through.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I have faith that he will breakthrough and prove that he has what it takes. He showed glimpses last night including a great assist. And it must be difficult being in his position. I imagine his confidence is lower than usual and he won’t be as sharp as he could be but there are signs there that he can make the impact we want him to make. Hopefully he plays against Portsmouth and Conte will be happier to call upon him more often in future.

In some other sports they also use additional "help" to build bulk. To be honest I don't know if he needs to bulk up per se. There have been loads of lighter players, he does need to play and get use the physical interactions and then his superior skill and quick feet will see him through.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Agreed , needs to play and understand the physicality of the league. We’ve seen players take a full season of playing to adapt to the leagues pace and physicality. Top players will get there regardless of size.

Defo need another forward/attacking player but we're kind of at that awkward juncture where we only need one (lets say Gil gets his chance from here) so we need to be buying the right player - that may mean we need to wait till summer for priority targets. Would like a loan in if possible but not expecting too much

With Gil now looking like taking the Lucas role in future, still think we need a disrupters style centre forward to play with / instead of Kane. Someone good in the air and can hold the ball up. E.g. A Toney, a Mitrovic or ( younger version) of that WetSpam battering ram in order to complete our forward selection of 6.

Back