• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

U21. Won't be counted as 1 of the 25 for 2 seasons i think.
And after the 2 seasons...?
Hope we have enough youth coming through? Hope he's done well enough to force out another foreign player or sell him at profit?
It's a risk given our position

And after the 2 seasons...?
Hope we have enough youth coming through? Hope he's done well enough to force out another foreign player or sell him at profit?
It's a risk given our position

That's why we are buying the likes of philips. So that in a couple of seasons hopefully a couple are able to step up.

Premium for home grown. We should insist on an 8 year contract based on performance and a get out clause if he's not at least on the bench

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Not an exciting signing if he arrives. People will say that he only scored 8 goals last season, but the same people will be ok with Kulusevski having only scored 2 last season and would passionately defend Richarlison in spite of his 1 goal scored last season. So we can't write him off on his lower goal tally alone.

He's a very fast player which is in line with the speed of some of other signings. It seems as if we want to win the ball high then be quick and aggressive with our attacks. There would have to be question marks over why we signed Kulusevski if we were planning to buy another right winger. Although on this, I think that the fee that we paid for Kulusevski was appropriate for a squad player and he will likely hold sell on value in future should we decide ultimately to move him on.

I would like to know about Johnson's defensive game. How good is he at pressing? How good is he at helping to cover the right back? These attributes will be as important as his attacking levels. We have already seen that teams will attack us down the wings and so we need to be as defensively sound as we can be there.

I would like us to sign Gift Orban as I really think he would be one we would regret missing out on in the same way that we missed out on Kvaratskhelia and Kim-Min Jae and others. Although I am sure we have also dodged some bullets in the same way so maybe these things balance themselves out.

I would also question whether this is a genuine Postecoglou signing as opposed to him just saying 'yes he will do'. Seeing as we have been linked to Johnson before Postecoglou arrived so I am not convinced that Postecoglou identified Johnson as a signing for us himself. I would love to see what Postecoglou knows about other markets and see if we can find bargains from other markets in the same way that he signed Kyogo and Hatate whilst at Celtic. As we are not a club that can afford to spend significantly in line with the likes of Chelsea and City, then we need to be instead a one up step from Brighton. We need to identify the top players before they really arrive and buy them for half the price that they will be worth a year later etc. Not every signing would land and be a success but if we get the correct balance of probabilities then we will do well over time.

Finally, for Johnson, I say if he does arrive. I will give him time, as all of us should, to show that he has what it takes to be a success for us. I would hope that he could break the mould of our lack of success stories at a higher transfer spend. Maddison and Van de Ven have shown promising signs that they may do so.

Last time they met, Brennan ended on top
02a7b6fb23550ab7ab482f910e890cbb.jpg

Not an exciting signing if he arrives. People will say that he only scored 8 goals last season, but the same people will be ok with Kulusevski having only scored 2 last season and would passionately defend Richarlison in spite of his 1 goal scored last season. So we can't write him off on his lower goal tally alone.

He's a very fast player which is in line with the speed of some of other signings. It seems as if we want to win the ball high then be quick and aggressive with our attacks. There would have to be question marks over why we signed Kulusevski if we were planning to buy another right winger. Although on this, I think that the fee that we paid for Kulusevski was appropriate for a squad player and he will likely hold sell on value in future should we decide ultimately to move him on.

I would like to know about Johnson's defensive game. How good is he at pressing? How good is he at helping to cover the right back? These attributes will be as important as his attacking levels. We have already seen that teams will attack us down the wings and so we need to be as defensively sound as we can be there.

I would like us to sign Gift Orban as I really think he would be one we would regret missing out on in the same way that we missed out on Kvaratskhelia and Kim-Min Jae and others. Although I am sure we have also dodged some bullets in the same way so maybe these things balance themselves out.

I would also question whether this is a genuine Postecoglou signing as opposed to him just saying 'yes he will do'. Seeing as we have been linked to Johnson before Postecoglou arrived so I am not convinced that Postecoglou identified Johnson as a signing for us himself. I would love to see what Postecoglou knows about other markets and see if we can find bargains from other markets in the same way that he signed Kyogo and Hatate whilst at Celtic. As we are not a club that can afford to spend significantly in line with the likes of Chelsea and City, then we need to be instead a one up step from Brighton. We need to identify the top players before they really arrive and buy them for half the price that they will be worth a year later etc. Not every signing would land and be a success but if we get the correct balance of probabilities then we will do well over time.

Finally, for Johnson, I say if he does arrive. I will give him time, as all of us should, to show that he has what it takes to be a success for us. I would hope that he could break the mould of our lack of success stories at a higher transfer spend. Maddison and Van de Ven have shown promising signs that they may do so.
Didn’t forget we signed Maddison
A player we have tracked for years
Ange would have signed that off
Ange knows a LOT of players
But there is a great video in the ange about his view on signings. Well worth a look
Talks about Japanese players and a certain brilliant winger at Brighton

I can get YouTube videos that show Brian Gil looking good

I've told you look at his stats.

https://fbref.com/en/players/0caa2fd4/Johan-Bakayoko

Thereis a reason psg, liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us are all looking at him. This isn't a case of i want him and ange doesn't. We are allegedly in talks. So it isa case of who do we prefer johnson or bakayoko? Yes johnson has played in the prem and is hg. But bakoyoko seems the better player, is cheaper and younger. I'd prefer bakayoko you'd prefer johnson fair enough. I've said if we get johnson i'd be fine with that.

Thereis a reason psg, liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us are all looking at him. This isn't a case of i want him and ange doesn't. We are allegedly in talks. So it isa case of who do we prefer johnson or bakayoko? Yes johnson has played in the prem and is hg. But bakoyoko seems the better player, is cheaper and younger. I'd prefer bakayoko you'd prefer johnson fair enough. I've said if we get johnson i'd be fine with that.
Stats
Pub league
Eyes
All key things to consider
I can’t comment on the Belgian lad… I’ve never seen him play
But the fee would be high because they don’t want to sell for a player with very little in the bank
It feels like an agent rumour rather than a legit one
Maybe in a Years time

I dont think Lo Celso will be around for long. I think this instead enables one of Kulu or Gil to become our 2nd ACM, covering/competing with Maddison

I’d be stunned if Gil makes it here

I would be more stunned if am injured player who has not really cut it (who I like BTW) is given that responsibility to cover Madison.

I would loan, not sel Gil because i think he could do bits, bus as ever GB views are probably more bias than reality

Sky are reporting that Burnley and Brentford are the clubs interested in the psv kid fwiw

I would be more stunned if am injured player who has not really cut it (who I like BTW) is given that responsibility to cover Madison.

I would loan, not sel Gil because i think he could do bits, bus as ever GB views are probably more bias than reality
We haven’t seen one prem club want to take him on loan
That says a lot to me

Sky are reporting that Burnley and Brentford are the clubs interested in the psv kid fwiw

Other news outlets reporting that a host of clubs including us liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine being interested. Brentford have very good recruitment their owner also worked for brightons owner. Kompany will know the kid from belgium.

Personally i would prefer us to go for bakayoko. If we don't fair enough. I will support johnson and hope he's a massive success for us.

Back