• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Can’t we just send them loads of our deadwood as apparently they are interested in lots of them.

Reguilon, Sanchez they want and surely they’d like Spence on loan.

They can have sess too. Anyone else?

Should be able to shave a fair bit off the fee.

Other news outlets reporting that a host of clubs including us liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine being interested. Brentford have very good recruitment their owner also worked for brightons owner. Kompany will know the kid from belgium.

Personally i would prefer us to go for bakayoko. If we don't fair enough. I will support johnson and hope he's a massive success for us.
Brentford wanting him doesn't really support your argument for Bakayoko as it appears they have moved on to him after being unsuccessful in obtaining their first target, Johnson.

Brentford wanting him doesn't really support your argument for Bakayoko as it appears they have moved on to him after being unsuccessful in obtaining their first target, Johnson.

Yes because johnson is going to cost too much so they'd prefer to go for bakayoko. They think bakayoko will be the better deal. As do i.

You are very passionate about all this.

Are you representing this psv fella :D

How am i passionate about it? I'm just saying i prefer him. Then everyone jumped on me telling me i was wrong. So i'll my reasons why i think the way i do. I've said almost every other post if we go for johnson fair enough. Not one post in reply to me has said if we go for bakayoko fair enough. For them the only answer seems to be johnson. I have doubts about him because his stats are brick. Bottom 1% of passing success for his position in europes top 5 leagues etc...

If we go for someone else i'd be fine with that.

How am i passionate about it? I'm just saying i prefer him. Then everyone jumped on me telling me i was wrong. So i'll my reasons why i think the way i do. I've said almost every other post if we go for johnson fair enough. Not one post in reply to me has said if we go for bakayoko fair enough. For them the only answer seems to be johnson. I have doubts about him because his stats are brick. Bottom 1% of passing success for his position in europes top 5 leagues etc...

Yeah but you are constantly going on about it lol

Yes because johnson is going to cost too much so they'd prefer to go for bakayoko. They think bakayoko will be the better deal. As do i.
The important part of Brentfords player search is their ability to identify talent. Whether they can then afford that talent is another matter. So it's only in a monetary sense a better deal.(for them) Fortunately for us, the money won't be a problem, so we get their first choice based on talent.

Last edited:
Didn’t forget we signed Maddison
A player we have tracked for years
Ange would have signed that off
Ange knows a LOT of players
But there is a great video in the ange about his view on signings. Well worth a look
Talks about Japanese players and a certain brilliant winger at Brighton

I think I've seen that video before about how he discovered Mitoma. I will rewatch to see whether there is any other bits that I have forgotten. Thanks

The important part of Brentfords player search is their ability to identify talent. Whether they can then afford that talent is another matter. So it's only in a monetary sense a better deal.(for them) Fortunately for us, the money won't be a problem, so we get their first choice based on talent.
Yeah
They set a price and move on
The key is they stick to that
They also have to attract that player
I’d guess he doesn’t see Brentford as a step up enough

No
They know Bakayoko is the cheaper deal
It’s different
We brought VDV over Tapsoba as he was cheaper

I know nothing about Bakayoko.

Just aware that Spurs are in a restricted position regarding homegrown players. While we can hope some of the youth products will come through to supplant existing foreign players, there's no guarantee of that. Bakayoko would contribute to the issue negatively in a couple of years when he's old enough. Johnson coming in as an immediate HG first team squad player gives us a little more manoeuvrability for future transfers.
If they both can perform a very similar function and the prices aren't too dissimilar, then plump for the easier option who can play in the PL. If Bakayoko really is much better, that's a different calculation.
And in terms of being better, frankly I don't buy much of this argument around Johnson's 'poor' stats.

I know nothing about Bakayoko.

Just aware that Spurs are in a restricted position regarding homegrown players. While we can hope some of the youth products will come through to supplant existing foreign players, there's no guarantee of that. Bakayoko would contribute to the issue negatively in a couple of years when he's old enough. Johnson coming in as an immediate HG first team squad player gives us a little more manoeuvrability for future transfers.
If they both can perform a very similar function and the prices aren't too dissimilar, then plump for the easier option who can play in the PL. If Bakayoko really is much better, that's a different calculation.
And in terms of being better, frankly I don't buy much of this argument around Johnson's 'poor' stats.

We'll see.

One who doesn't mind starting from the bench. I want vdv and Romero to start for as long as they can.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

No, what you want is someone who says “I’m better than both of those” so they’re always battling in training for the starting spot. Training performances should be rewarded by match performances. If you get someone who’s happy to sit on the bench, we won’t be upgrading on Sanchez.

No, what you want is someone who says “I’m better than both of those” so they’re always battling in training for the starting spot. Training performances should be rewarded by match performances. If you get someone who’s happy to sit on the bench, we won’t be upgrading on Sanchez.
No doubt we need challengers for every position...however I think it's beneficial to keep the keeper and CBs playing for as long as possible.

Under Ange I think the central midfielders are relatively overworked compared to the rest keeping them fresh will be a challenge even without european games.

I reckon we will get Johnson on loan with an obligation to buy next season
Why? We've got cash from selling Harry this summer. Would make much more sense to buy big now, and leave some room for wheeling and dealing in January or next summer.

Back