• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bonus Payday

Is today, wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lots of bills paid in one go and nice things purchased for myself

I like the 27th March

Nice one fella.

Those deductions are brutal. I remember paying 20k tax on my bonus alone in FY 1999-2000!

Unfortunately i dont earn those sorts of amounts anymore :-({|=

Oh well!!
Didn't go great. I sold myself well, and had prep'd up some good stuff, but i think they over-estimated my experience and area of expertise.
It's a one man job, pretty much, and they need someone who can hit the floor running having done the exact job they are looking to fill.
What i do is very relevant, but not quite enough.

Onto the next application ](*,)

Is today, wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lots of bills paid in one go and nice things purchased for myself

I like the 27th March

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Same here, tis a very nice day each year, with luck that is. As Roy says though, its a killer when you see how much of it goes in tax and NI thogh

Oh well!!
Didn't go great. I sold myself well, and had prep'd up some good stuff, but i think they over-estimated my experience and area of expertise.
It's a one man job, pretty much, and they need someone who can hit the floor running having done the exact job they are looking to fill.
What i do is very relevant, but not quite enough.

Onto the next application ](*,)

Unlucky man. You just need to keep trying, I've been in the same job for a few years now but I remember when I was looking a lot of it is about persistence and to be honest getting that lucky break at times. It may seem like one job on the face of it is a perfect fit and you love everything about it however there are always going to be loads of jobs out there. Interviewing itself is a very tricky skill and it can take 2/3 interviews till your in the swing of it and more rounded with your answers etc.

What was the job?

Telephone interviews are fudgein horrible - communication is 90% non verbal (or is it 92-93%).

Oh who has the bigger paycheck thread.

I have assets - so fudge you all with your paychecks.

I dont get a bonus I just get a thank you letter and telling me how lucky I still have a fudgein job.

And an auditor? Bet I know who you work for - begins with an E

Great company though if it is...

Unlucky man. You just need to keep trying, I've been in the same job for a few years now but I remember when I was looking a lot of it is about persistence and to be honest getting that lucky break at times. It may seem like one job on the face of it is a perfect fit and you love everything about it however there are always going to be loads of jobs out there. Interviewing itself is a very tricky skill and it can take 2/3 interviews till your in the swing of it and more rounded with your answers etc.

What was the job?

Cheers. Won't hear for certain until end of the week/early next, but I've very little hope.

The job was for a "weight and balance engineer". All to do with maintaining the weight and center of gravity records of a large fleet of airliners (not BA!!!)
Way more involved than that sentence explains it of course, but an extremely responsible position hence the strong remuneration on offer.
Got to do 2 CV revisions to go for a couple of other good positions this week now. I'll keep trying.

And an auditor? Bet I know who you work for - begins with an E

Great company though if it is...

I did work for EY and quit - theyre brick. I work for someone in the top ten. Risk Management. Im not an Auditor im an INTERNAL Auditor.

EY can suck my big right testicle the left one is reserved for my current employer

Nice one fella.

Those deductions are brutal. I remember paying 20k tax on my bonus alone in FY 1999-2000!

Unfortunately i dont earn those sorts of amounts anymore :-({|=

And we have a new leader, any advance on 20k in a month? tinkles all over the previous best tax boasts.

The year after 9/11 my syndicate posted record profits, I got a 25k bonus that year, biggest ive ever had

So what your saying Mark is you and your company benefitted directly from 9/11??

Hmmmmm......

I feel a conspiracy!!

Mark's a terriost it all makes sense now.

I do not get a bonus but if i wanted i could do cash in hand jobs if i wanted and not pay tax, not that i would ever do such a thing.

Bonuses are always great - but I get it every month! I now have it written into my contract after a company I worked for 6yrs ago went bandy, and it took me over a year to recover it through the courts. No fudging chance I'm ever taking that risk again. I'll also get a year-end loyalty bonus, should I stay on my current contract, however trying to re-negotiate that to 6mth'ly :)

A bonus is getting paid at all at the moment and within 30days is a double bonus. :( (Violins..)

So what your saying Mark is you and your company benefitted directly from 9/11??

Hmmmmm......

I feel a conspiracy!!

I work for an Aviation insurance company so yes..

Basically before 9/11 terrorism cover was included in the main premium price, after 9/11 this cover was taken out and the airlines had to pay for it this cover alone in the year after brought in $4bn to Lloyds of London

I work for an Aviation insurance company so yes..

Basically before 9/11 terrorism cover was included in the main premium price, after 9/11 this cover was taken out and the airlines had to pay for it this cover alone in the year after brought in $4bn to Lloyds of London

Typical insurance!! Profiting from other misfortune! :)

Back