• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biased BBC

Gardeners world is all i watch on the bbc, even given up on match of the day and just watch the yahoo round up, i do like the bbc weather website. That is not worth the money i have to pay to watch 2 t.v. shows.

It does make me laugh how seriously some of you take this stuff. Ever wonder why it's always the same people posting in these types of threads and why so many posters ignore them?!

I've been alive for a long time now and have seen the BBC change from huge, bizarrely colonial monolith (that didn't feel as though it represented my views) to one that's far more diverse, open-minded, not half as 'posh' as it was, with generally brilliant broadcasting across a range of media. I'm quite happy to pay for 4 TV channels, lord knows how many radio stations and an amazing website if you explore it properly. Yes, it has a real obligation to keep on looking at itself with a critical eye, and it can be a bit comfortable, patronising and annoying at times, but I can put up with that. Generally, their take is balanced.

Crikey, sounds like the rants Alf Garnett used to make about the "bleedin' BBC and yer darlin' 'arold, scrounging scouse gits" and such. The right wing ranters on here are gold and really get me nostalgic. I've got Till Death Us do Part on DVD somewhere and I'll have to get it out. Some things never go out of fashion.

I've been alive for a long time now and have seen the BBC change from huge, bizarrely colonial monolith (that didn't feel as though it represented my views) to one that's far more diverse, open-minded, not half as 'posh' as it was, with generally brilliant broadcasting across a range of media. I'm quite happy to pay for 4 TV channels, lord knows how many radio stations and an amazing website if you explore it properly. Yes, it has a real obligation to keep on looking at itself with a critical eye, and it can be a bit comfortable, patronising and annoying at times, but I can put up with that. Generally, their take is balanced.

In your opinion. So you could be one of the subscribers. I'd choose I cancel mine.

[video=youtube;xLDY6OC2UVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDY6OC2UVA[/video]

Oi, ya bloody coon, pass it!

One of the great British comedies of all time. So stop your complaining Leeds Spur, Alf was given this platform to air his right wing views on the....B.B.C. Ha, ha! =D>

One of the great British comedies of all time. So stop your complaining Leeds Spur, Alf was given this platform to air his right wing views on the....B.B.C. Ha, ha! =D>

That was not the joke in the show the joke was firmly on the alf garnett character and we were laughing at him not with him, it is a typical leftist thing to do, laugh at anyone with right wing views rather then to try and understand where there concern or worries come from. Instead you protray them as stupid and racist.

The BBC is ok but it seems unfair to make people pay for something rather then have the choice what they pay for, it seems to be going away from how everything else in society is moving towards.

Add to that this is a sports website and we are all obviously sports fans, can you honestly tell me we get good sports coverage from the BBC? i think i heard they receive 2billion a year i would love to know what they spend it on because that is more then HBO or Sky yet both have easily better programmes and people can choose whether to pay to watch them.

For me it is not really political just i find it very out dated an idea to have a national license to watch t.v.

Last edited:

Totally and utterly wrong.

The joke was always on the "right-winger" as all the stars of the time, along with the writer would tell you.
Do you honestly think a Jew would really play the part of a raving nazi unless it was in order to show the character up for what he really was?

That was not the joke in the show the joke was firmly on the alf garnett character and we were laughing at him not with him, it is a typical leftist thing to do, laugh at anyone with right wing views rather then to try and understand where there concern or worries come from. Instead you protray them as stupid and racist.

The BBC is ok but it seems unfair to make people pay for something rather then have the choice what they pay for, it seems to be going away from how everything else in society is moving towards.

Add to that this is a sports website and we are all obviously sports fans, can you honestly tell me we get good sports coverage from the BBC? i think i heard they receive 2billion a year i would love to know what they spend it on because that is more then HBO or Sky yet both have easily better programmes and people can choose whether to pay to watch them.

For me it is not really political just i find it very out dated an idea to have a national license to watch t.v.

Try £4 billion!

Totally and utterly wrong.

The joke was always on the "right-winger" as all the stars of the time, along with the writer would tell you.
Do you honestly think a Jew would really play the part of a raving nazi unless it was in order to show the character up for what he really was?

Doh, do you really think I didn't know that? This was a wind up. :D

Biased BBC ... i think the problem most people have in this thread is the fact it is not biased towards their party.

Although this thread is a classic example of what the country doesnt need. Football fan style support to a party that they only notice the things against the tories. The "bias" probably isnt half as bad as they think.

And can we just sticky a thread for all this stuff. Same people, same views, as pointed out by someone else its getting boring and more and more people are 'dropping out' of responding. Im not saying its not worth discussing once or twice, but bias bbc and other political subjects seem to come up all the time and the same ground gets covered (from all sides).

Back