• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bentley

Re: Bentley gone

:lol: That one really had me laughing, really felt like you were a little bit worried that the he would wander back like a stray animal that once ate stole a steak off your barbeque.

It's on the same longitude as Syria and Kenya. Says on the interwebz that they hope to have a new airport and stadium for the 2018 WC.

Scoring a wondergoal vs Arsenal seems to lead to bad/below average/ultimately disappointing careers.. Bentley, Rose, Gascoigne (to an extent).......

Nothing to do with alcoholism then? Still think he's the best player I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt.

Scoring a wondergoal vs Arsenal seems to lead to bad/below average/ultimately disappointing careers.. Bentley, Rose, Gascoigne (to an extent).......

Naaaa, Bentley and Rose similarities I guess but Gazza had plenty of highlights playing for us. Bentley and Rose, very much one-hit wonders.... Disappointing Spurs careers, but one goal against the goons giving them legendary status. I'd add Nayim to that list, actually.

Quick prayer that Levy has an agreed a fee for a permanent move and Bentley loves Vodka and Matroyshka Dolls.

What I do gather from this is that we are losing some "characters" in the dressing room.

He'll be back in 2 months feigning injury, as soon as he realises how far away it is from Essex

Yep. Massive turnaround in personnel hopefully the new guys settle quickly. DBs a character all right.

Another player with massive potential who sadly allowed the big time get to his head.

i think this gamble set us back a few years; who knows who jol could have signed with the extra budget.

innocent question: was it only alcohol or big-headedness?

Interesting facts

1. Pletikosa plays in Rostov (best player of the team in 2011/2012)
2. Pav advised Rostov to get Bently. Thank you, man))

Last edited:

This is right up there with the lad who had dinner robbie keanes dead dad.

I think he's right. After Gazza's wonder goal, it wasn't long until he did his knee in the Cup final, then it was lights out on what should have been a brilliant career. Still had moments in Lazio and Rangers colours, and Euro 96 was starting to look like his 1990 best, but I think we can add this one to the Arsenal wondergoal curse.

Happy for him, hope it can be a fresh start to his career.
A new league where he doesn't come with any baggage.
Only bad thing with this loan deal is how late it came together,
we could have given that last spot in the 25 man squad to Jonathan Obika.

Is he the first englishman in russian football?

Last edited:

I hope this move works out for him. I haven't forgotten the skills he displayed at Blackburn. Get his head right, get his head down, and we could still see the best of him, I feel.

Back