• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bentley

although i have to say, whenever i have seen/read interviews with other players they all seem to love him - often cited as the best character in the squad - soooooooooo, maybe he has some worth in the squad - help with team morale and all that shiznit

Tbh I thought he was off playing yet. If he is available, I would have to say no for this game, just cant see him being 'match fit, and the game is so crucial.
Tempted, maybe, for a bench spot v Toon, but I would have him as a sub at Stevenage

He's been named as part of our 25, he's available as I understand it (not injured anymore) and for my money, we need to try and get 15-20 mins out of him off the bench for the remainder of the season. IF he can only deliver a few decent dead-ball deliveries, it could be the difference! Could he do for us now what Gudjohnsen did two seasons ago?

So, would you or wouldn't you? Especially given that we could be fudged for injuries on Monday IF Ade, VdV, Lennon and Walker are all out...

If only he could, he wouldnt have been sent on loan to a championship team.

Bent and Bentley - two of our biggest signings ever, both are good candidates for worst signing ever (thanks Comolli).

If only he could, he wouldnt have been sent on loan to a championship team.

Bent and Bentley - two of our biggest signings ever, both are good candidates for worst signing ever (thanks Comolli).

to be fair the common concensus on here were that they would be great aquisitions. it was only me and a few others who opposed the move and have been proved right

you can never tell with our signings... modric and berbs were relatively unknown when they got to us. we couldn't win any game with bale in it for the longest time. who knows, bentley might still come good :)

to be fair the common concensus on here were that they would be great aquisitions. it was only me and a few others who opposed the move and have been proved right

Yeah I thought they would be good signings, but I was only going from what I had seen on MOTD. It didnt take many games of watching them in a Spurs shirt to see that they were both limited players who are not good enough for top 6 teams, so GHod knows what Comolli thought when he watched them with a view to signing. They have their moments but it takes 90 minutes of consistency, no way Harry would go for either.

Yeah I thought they would be good signings, but I was only going from what I had seen on MOTD. It didnt take many games of watching them in a Spurs shirt to see that they were both limited players who are not good enough for top 6 teams, so GHod knows what Comolli thought when he watched them with a view to signing. They have their moments but it takes 90 minutes of consistency, no way Harry would go for either.

Eh? This is the Harry who resigned Keane, isn't it?

I think Pav also rivals Bentley for one of the worst value buys we've made. On the flip side, we probably made some of the best signings in our history in the Comolli period. Which is rather more important. Every club makes a few mistakes in the market. It was mentioned in another thread about not spending big under Harry but we haven't really needed to. It was only required in the early period to deal with the dire striker situation and the balance up the midfield.

Didn't want to sign Bentley, particularly for 18m when we had Lennon. Really didn't like him at first but after the way he filled in for Lennon in 2009/10 I changed my opinion of him. He gave us great balance and worked hard without being spectacular. Football's about fine margins, we might not have finished fourth if we had no right winger to continue our system adequately. Now he gets shat on from all angles like Bassong. Meh. I say give him another chance, I wish Redknapp would make more late subs to keep the squad happy (especially Kranjcar).

I'd play him against the scum for the obligatory wonder goal

Just to rub their fudging noses in it

I'd also start Jenas

COYS

Why do... "we need to try and get 15-20 mins out of him off the bench for the remainder of the season" ??

He's brick you know!

He isnt brick.

He did a very good job on at the tail end of our 4th campaign, yet never gets credit for it.

If he is fit he gets a chance in the squad for me, could prove useful over the remainder of the season. At the very list to be fit and ready should we need him.

Surely, Bentley is our worst ever signing ! For the amount we paid and the high expectation he came with, don't think we got even 1% of what we expected of him.

As much as I think he is a total waste of money and a bit brick I would give the guy another chance ie till the end of this season. Im always up for giving people chances in life

When he had that run in the team he kept it simple and worked hard. Most of his other appearances he tries too much fancy stuff which never comes off. Ditch the stepovers and stop trying to run past players much faster than yourself (which is pretty much everyone).

What I really don't understand is how his set piece delivery turned to brick the moment he signed for us.

Back