• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli

Montpellier announced it reached an agreement for the transfer of Benjamin Stambouli to Tottenham. The defensive midfielder, who would form a duo with recovery Capoue, must now come to an agreement with the London club. Stambouli failed to find common ground with the club (Marseille), who wanted to move especially in defense. Swansea and Fiorentina were also very urgent in the case of the French player of 24 years.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Stambouli-montpellier-et-tottenham-ok/494693

Is he of North African descent? His surname if I'm not mistaken sounds like a derivative of Istanbul'i (from Istanbul). That's my genealogy and etymology fetish kicking in - sorry folks :D

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...for-montpellier-midfielder-benjamin-stambouli

Montpellier say they have agreed to sell Benjamin Stambouli to Tottenham.

A statement from the French club confirmed a deal is in place for the defensive midfielder, who was linked with Swansea earlier this month.

Stambouli is now due to travel to London to have a medical and to finalise his contract, according to Montpellier.

If the deal goes through, the 24-year-old will become Mauricio Pochettino's sixth major signing.

Ben Davies, Michel Vorm, Eric Dier, DeAndre Yedlin and Federico Fazio have all arrived since Pochettino succeeded Tim Sherwood in the summer.

Pochettino also targeted Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin, but the Argentine's old club refused to sell.

I can't see us signing this guy without offloading at least Sandro and the Scheiderlin deal being off.

Bloody hell. We're doing what we did last season. What's that 6 now? All at a fraction of the price. Revolving door at WHL. No wonder we always end up playing sides in the PL with 2/3 ex spurs wanting to prove a point

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...for-montpellier-midfielder-benjamin-stambouli

Montpellier say they have agreed to sell Benjamin Stambouli to Tottenham.

A statement from the French club confirmed a deal is in place for the defensive midfielder, who was linked with Swansea earlier this month.

Stambouli is now due to travel to London to have a medical and to finalise his contract, according to Montpellier.

If the deal goes through, the 24-year-old will become Mauricio Pochettino's sixth major signing.

Ben Davies, Michel Vorm, Eric Dier, DeAndre Yedlin and Federico Fazio have all arrived since Pochettino succeeded Tim Sherwood in the summer.

Pochettino also targeted Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin, but the Argentine's old club refused to sell.

Yedlin hasn't arrived yet.

Poor journalism.. 8-[

I can't see us signing this guy without offloading at least Sandro and the Scheiderlin deal being off.

This. And if this deal's actually on the table....then I'm more than a bit concerned that we're basically repeating the mistakes of last season, handing our manager a bunch of players that he doesn't want after miserably failing to secure his (apparent) first choices. We saw how that worked out with AVB. We saw how that worked out with Harry in the January window of 2012.

If we do this again with Poch, I will be very, very concerned. I hope this is all bull, and Schneiderlin remains on the list of targets to get. Else, there will definitely be echoes of the Willian and Moutinho transfers around the guy, and if Poch doesn't do as well as we all hope he will, this club will again descend into the sea of bitterness and recrimination that marked the acrid end of AVB's tenure here.

Plus, his Youtube fare is awful. Seriously, I'd prefer Alex Song to this guy if we've truly given up on buying Poch's (apparent) first choices.

This might very well be someone he wants though, but it does make me think we're about to see some movement on the outgoings.

This. And if this deal's actually on the table....then I'm more than a bit concerned that we're basically repeating the mistakes of last season, handing our manager a bunch of players that he doesn't want after miserably failing to secure his (apparent) first choices. We saw how that worked out with AVB. We saw how that worked out with Harry in the January window of 2012.

If we do this again with Poch, I will be very, very concerned. I hope this is all bull, and Schneiderlin remains on the list of targets to get. Else, there will definitely be echoes of the Willian and Moutinho transfers around the guy, and if Poch doesn't do as well as we all hope he will, this club will again descend into the sea of bitterness and recrimination that marked the acrid end of AVB's tenure here.

Plus, his Youtube fare is awful. Seriously, I'd prefer Alex Song to this guy if we've truly given up on buying Poch's (apparent) first choices.

What on earth are you talking about, if Southampton dont want to sell Schneiderlin what is Levy meant to do? Managers do have a list of players if they cant obtain their first choice - unless youre Real Madrid you're not going to secure all your first choices. Looking at our business so far the new signings are looking good, I dont think youre being realistic at all....

What on earth are you talking about, if Southampton dont want to sell Schneiderlin what is Levy meant to do? Managers do have a list of players if they cant obtain their first choice - unless youre Real Madrid you're not going to secure all your first choices. Looking at our business so far the new signings are looking good, I dont think youre being realistic at all....

Same as last season. If the clubs don't want to sell our first choice, or price us out of a move, of course we'll have to switch to other targets. It's common sense.

It's something every club has to deal with, yet at ours it becomes some sort of conspiracy theory. It's crazy really.

This might very well be someone he wants though, but it does make me think we're about to see some movement on the outgoings.

It is possible, but even if Poch does want him, I'm willing to bet he wanted Schneiderlin a lot more. And if we do put this deal through, it looks to me that we've given up on securing any of Poch's preferred first choice targets, judging solely by the somewhat reputable sources in the media: We couldn't get his first-choice CB (Moreno, although that wasn't really our fault), and after failing to acquire the second CB we went for (Musacchio), we gave him what was presumably his third choice at the back in Fazio. Similarly, the whole word had Jay Rodriguez down as a Spurs player towards the end of last month in the apparent double deal for him and Schneiderlin that was close to completion: now, we're apparently looking at Welbeck on loan, which whatever the player's merits is presumably not what Poch had hoped for.

And now we're going for Stambouli after every man and his dog kept repeating that Schneiderlin was Poch's primary target all the way through the transfer window until today. Put it all together, and it does look like we've Spursed up on securing any of his first choice players and are now going for whatever warm bodies he doesn't find completely inimical to his style and then passing them off as his second or third choices. Which, again, seems concerning.

can certainly see Dubai's angle - we don't want to be repeating past mistakes, however it all seems a lot more planned out than before. Baldini has been here a year so should be more aware of what the squad requires - we haven't lost any key players and are strengthening positions which need strengthening. you can't click your fingers and get your first choice every time, so naturally you move down the list

Back