• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Paid £4m, selling for £5.6m

I still think he did a good job standing in for Bentaleb during the ACN, and I'd be more than happy to give him another year now he's used to the pace of the league

Paid £4m, selling for £5.6m

I still think he did a good job standing in for Bentaleb during the ACN, and I'd be more than happy to give him another year now he's used to the pace of the league

I agree, unless Poch has a replacement lined up we should keep him him.

or Alli is going to get healthy playing time? Or more time for Dembele? Or we have another player lined up?

Alli plays more advanced - more the Mason role than the Bentaleb one. And I'd rather not see Dembele anywhere near our half. I think we will buy in a direct replacement for Stambouli

Alli plays more advanced - more the Mason role than the Bentaleb one. And I'd rather not see Dembele anywhere near our half. I think we will buy in a direct replacement for Stambouli

I am interested to see what happens with Dembele, despite all these sales i don't see anyone saying he should be in the first XI and despite some wanting him as a squad option i cant see him putting up with that past January.

To me, he doesnt look like he's up to the PL level (or certainly not top levels of the PL) so I would flog him
He showed in flashes that he could be a very good player. And considering some new signing players from the Bale money playing consistently for a whole season only showed flashes throughout the whole season, but have since kicked on suggest he hasn't had anywhere enough time to be judged fairly....

He showed in flashes that he could be a very good player. And considering some new signing players from the Bale money playing consistently for a whole season only showed flashes throughout the whole season, but have since kicked on suggest he hasn't had anywhere enough time to be judged fairly....

Poch has seen plenty of him in training.

To me, the players being shifted are about ability to play in a Poch team, as well as upside.

Stambouli could do a job, but I don't think anyone thinks he can lift the team another level, money recouped, time to move on ..

To me, the players being shifted are about ability to play in a Poch team, as well as upside.

Stambouli could do a job, but I don't think anyone thinks he can lift the team another level, money recouped, time to move on ..

Stambouli is as mobile as the Statue of Liberty. I'm sure that is why he is being moved on as on the ball he seems decent enough and good in the tackle too.

We must have to have another CM lined up. It would be madness not too have at least one more proven player in the squad. Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele are fine and you know what you get from them, but whether Alli and Carroll can step really remains to be seen.

Well that is debatable, unless Poch has someone to be the DM in our CM then he is better then what we have there now.

Have you seen many MK Dons games to make the assumption Tha Alli is more of an advanced midfielder? My friend (who is a season ticket holder at Dons) seems to think Alli was deployed mostly as a defensive midfielder last season.

Have you seen many MK Dons games to make the assumption Tha Alli is more of an advanced midfielder? My friend (who is a season ticket holder at Dons) seems to think Alli was deployed mostly as a defensive midfielder last season.

More reports have likened him to Vieira - who was primarily a defensive midfielder with great timing in getting forward.

Yes but as the more attacking one of a double pivot.

I think the Alli position has been done to death over in his own thread. If he can develop into a more goalscoring version of Bentaleb in the next couple of years then I'll be happy.

My impression is also that he's one for a double pivot and comparable to Vieira's postition. People think Vieira was a defensive midfielder though, and he really wasn't. It was Petit who was the sitting midfielder at Arsenal, Deschamps at France. Vieira was the one who went forward the most.

Back