• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

£4,500,000 to PSG..

So what does that leave us with?

Alli, Carroll, Onomah, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele?

Top four here e come.

£4,500,000 to PSG..

Top four here e come.

And Di Maria for £45 million. They probably pay their benchwarmers more than we do though.

£4,500,000 to PSG..

Top four here e come.

dont forget Turkish midfielder Mehmut Topal who we have apparently bid for.... just top 4?? we are going for the title with that little lot ;)

Benji is going to PSG as a cover, the same role as Cabaye had before he went to Crystal Palace last week.
I understand Benji... sort of... Going to PSG is a high profile move. But he won't play much, and I don't believe he will play more than 10-15 matches all season. He will do OK there, lower match tempo is perfect for him.
But playing for Watford instead... He would probably be an important player, and could have made a name for himself.
By the way, we haven't been top four material for two-three seasons, and I don't believe we will buy enough to be even close the coming season. But we need to be patient, we need the new stadium to be up and running in three years time, and with no Abramovich or whatever... It costs A LOT of money.
And, I'm OK with that. I don't want to be a new Chelsea or City.

£4,500,000 to PSG..

Top four here e come.

Probably not Top 4 material, but I am incredibly excited to see young players playing week in and week out this season. Especially, considering the players we've gotten rid of are far from difference makers. I wonder if a CM group of Mason, Bentaleb, and Dembele with Carroll, Alli, Winks and Onomah would be enough. The real wild card, to me, is Alli. I haven't seen him at all, but all the rumblings are that he's a bit special.

That said, I'd so much rather spend a lot of money on a player who is likely to improve our XI than another signing to improve the squad, and I don't really know who that is. For me, none of the names that seem to be bandied about do that, except possibly McCarthy who will be very, very expensive.

Probably not Top 4 material, but I am incredibly excited to see young players playing week in and week out this season. Especially, considering the players we've gotten rid of are far from difference makers. I wonder if a CM group of Mason, Bentaleb, and Dembele with Carroll, Alli, Winks and Onomah would be enough. The real wild card, to me, is Alli. I haven't seen him at all, but all the rumblings are that he's a bit special.

That said, I'd so much rather spend a lot of money on a player who is likely to improve our XI than another signing to improve the squad, and I don't really know who that is. For me, none of the names that seem to be bandied about do that, except possibly McCarthy who will be very, very expensive.

The one thing McCarthy would add, is another set of big, tough gonad*s. Nabil has them in spades, and Mason gets stuck in too, but beyond that, we don't have too many who are happy to 'mix it' in the 'protector' sense, and I think another of those in the squad would be great. Agree wholeheartedly with Onomah, would be happy enough to see Dembele stay so long as we never play him deeper than 40 yards from the oppose goal. I wish Carroll would make it but don't see it, Pritchard will absolutely be given a shot, Winks could be useful and yes, I have heard raves about Deli Ali...we have a fixed policy which looks like bearing real fruit, and the great thing for any youth player at our club is that they have seen they can force their way into the first team if good enough. It's real. Not some Chelski 'collection' piece (their treatment of de Bruyne was a joke)...

People wanted deadwood gone ... none of those 4 have contributed anything significant to Spurs .. decent recoup and wages off the bill

exactly, i can barely think of a performance last year by him that turned my head, very average player, 4.5m sounds like a good deal to me even in today's market

How on earth can he be good enough for psg but not for Spurs??

To be honest he was not given that many games to show if he was or not. I really hope Poch as some lined up to come in because what we have left is not good enough for top four ( imo).

To be honest he was not given that many games to show if he was or not. I really hope Poch as some lined up to come in because what we have left is not good enough for top four ( imo).

I genuinely don't think we are EXPECTING top 4 this season.
I think we know it is now a tough group if 6, with 4 clearly ahead of the rest - Man U were the ones most likely to drop a bit, but their spending power this summer has put that to rest.

So rather than spubking loads of money up the wall again, we are looking to build a solid squad based on team players and a youth system that looks as though is on the verge of producing a special bunch of talent.

I think we are looking at "breaking the top 4" over the next three years - and this being football, that could happen in any if those three seasons. We just have to make sure we are around 5th to pounce when someone above screw's up - and they will.

People wanted deadwood gone ... none of those 4 have contributed anything significant to Spurs .. decent recoup and wages off the bill

Indeed. I think we could dispose of Dembele, Carroll and Stambouli too, and only replace them with 1 player.

Our squad is far too big. We need to start doing something about our 7+2 CBs too.

The best thing about this news for me is that I'll never ever have to listen to that gоd-awful "chant" the 1882-ers "made up" for him again.

Back