• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Watford will have a pretty impressive midfield if they sign him. I guess we may even make a profit on him. I think he will do well playing regularly. For us, we need to convert squad players into one or two key players.

Stambouli nearly done?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...m-midfielder-benjamin-stambouli-seal-6054890?

Watford will tie-up a £4million move for Tottenham midfielder Benjamin Stambouli this week.

Stambouli has agreed terms and is due to undergo a medical before penning a three-year deal.

He will follow fellow Frenchman Etienne Capoue in quitting Spurs for Watford this summer.

Watford plan to pair the duo in the engine room despite them flopping in their one-year stint at White Hart Lane.

Stambouli will become Watford’s seventh summer signing - and the Premier League new boys don’t plan on stopping there.

Hornets boss Quique Flores wants at least three more signings before next month’s kick-off.

Saint-Etienne winger Max Gradel, Getafe’s Pablo Sarabia and Blackburn striker Rudy Gestede are his main targets.

Talk today that he's getting cold feet and that PSG are looking at bringing him in. He's apparently keen on a move back to France.

I'd imagine that if he goes to PSG we would try to force some sort of deal for Rabiot (loan with pre-arranged buyout like Soton with Alderweireld?). Everything I read about Rabiot is that he and his mother want him playing regular football and PSG don't want to lose him. A loan would work for all parties. Rabiot, Bentaleb, Dembele and Alli would be a very solid and athletic set of players to have back there.

I think though that Stambouli is their backup option now that Cabaye has left so perhaps they plan to use Rabiot more this year?

Last edited:
Talk today that he's getting cold feet and that PSG are looking at bringing him in. He's apparently keen on a move back to France.

I'd imagine that if he goes to PSG we would try to force some sort of deal for Rabiot (loan with pre-arranged buyout like Soton with Alderweireld?). Everything I read about Rabiot is that he and his mother want him playing regular football and PSG don't want to lose him. A loan would work for all parties. Rabiot, Bentaleb, Dembele and Alli would be a very solid and athletic set of players to have back there.

I think though that Stambouli is their backup option now that Cabaye has left so perhaps they plan to use Rabiot more this year?

I think we're above developing other teams' youngsters.

I'd like to think so too, but at the same time do we have anyone who is better suited in the ranks to that role?

My thinking is that Alli needs the game time to develop but could probably do without the hopes of the club piled on his shoulders which leaves us looking at senior pros. So far all of those that we have seen linked haven't got the pulses racing so a year long loan for a player who fits the bill might be the better option. Personally I'd prefer an experienced head in there, who can shield the likes of Alli from the limelight and be ready to step down in a few years when the lad is ready to be playing week in week out. The loan option to me makes sense as it's a stop gap which won't hold back Alli's development long term, but also allows us to bring in someone for a year who fits in better than a last resort buy like Stambouli probably was.

Rabiot isn't close to their starting line-up - Motta, Verratti and Matuidi are their core CMs.

Stambouli and Rabiot are quite similar in style, so perhaps they just want a back-up who will be less hassle?

Rabiot isn't close to their starting line-up - Motta, Verratti and Matuidi are their core CMs.

Stambouli and Rabiot are quite similar in style, so perhaps they just want a back-up who will be less hassle?

He's on his way out, isn't he? To Atletico?

6 mill pounds bid from PSG according to the Daily Mail. 2 mill more than Watford. Nice Brucie bonus

Back