• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balloon d'Or

Its all opinion at the end of the day and impossible to quantify even with stats. These awards reward the better teams where I also think you could argue that players in lower standards who perform at high levels could be more deserving.

Example - I could argue that Klinsmann in 1994 performances in a struggling Spurs side outweighed Stoichkov at Barcelona, Was Ginola a better club player 1998-99 than Davor Suker? Yes

For me defenders are constantly overlooked for awards but are every bit as skillful and valuable as a striker (A striker could not do what a defender does and vice versa)

Its all opinion at the end of the day and impossible to quantify even with stats. These awards reward the better teams where I also think you could argue that players in lower standards who perform at high levels could be more deserving.

Example - I could argue that Klinsmann in 1994 performances in a struggling Spurs side outweighed Stoichkov at Barcelona, Was Ginola a better club player 1998-99 than Davor Suker? Yes

For me defenders are constantly overlooked for awards but are every bit as skillful and valuable as a striker (A striker could not do what a defender does and vice versa)

Good point - Their should be a weighting system where great players in less talented teams are taken into account? You could argue that RVP single handedly won Man U the title in what was a poorish team compared to Ronaldo/Messi who score tons of goals in a less competititive league and also have the advantage of creative players in their own squads. Compare Man U' s midfield to the the other two.

Good point - Their should be a weighting system where great players in less talented teams are taken into account? You could argue that RVP single handedly won Man U the title in what was a poorish team compared to Ronaldo/Messi who score tons of goals in a less competititive league and also have the advantage of creative players in their own squads. Compare Man U' s midfield to the the other two.

Agreed and you could argue that Shearer was 10 times better than most nominated over the years when he was basically amazing

maybe, but Ronaldo has been awesome this year

He has been but still not on Messi's level imo. If Messi hadn't of been out im sure the stats would have been alot closer, maybe even better plus the fact Messi helped his team pick up a few trophies, something Ronaldo failed to do....

and who are those 2 young ladys?

Ronaldo's girlfriend in black, her name is Irina Shayk - russian model, trying her luck in Hollywood you can see her ( I assume with very little clothes) in coming summer's Hercules movie with The Rock

I personally cannot wait to see Messi's reaction over the next 12 months. It took Cristiano a lot to chip away and keep motivated to get it back, the culmination of it all with his tears. Wonder if Messi can do the same.

I personally cannot wait to see Messi's reaction over the next 12 months. It took Cristiano a lot to chip away and keep motivated to get it back, the culmination of it all with his tears. Wonder if Messi can do the same.

Why do they "dislike" eachother so much?

Neither man voted for eachother, where is the respect?

when Zidane and Ronaldo were by far the two best players in the world, the respect they had was crazy.

Bd9r66vIcAAsA46.jpg

when Zidane and Ronaldo were by far the two best players in the world, the respect they had was crazy.

the hyperbole of modern football

I did find it interesting though that the two Ronaldos are the only players to win the Ballon d'or with 2 different clubs.

Lol, who knows. Different era, different characters. Zidane and Ronaldo were always classy individuals and played together. Both also from different footballing cultural backgrounds, Brazilians love the game and can appreciate a good player, the French in awe of the Ronaldo that stormed the planet aged 18.

Messi and Cristiano may well be like Keane and Vieira, enemies during their playing years but whilst having the deepest respect for one anothers talents. Its the best ever 1vs1 football duel I can think of!

Back