• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balloon d'Or

I didn't think Lahm was playing in defence anymore? Thought he'd moved into midfield?

Messi must have a wardrobe full of shiny purple suits.

David Luiz (Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil)

whatever we may think about david luiz, he sure does have a lot of admirers; chelsea spent £20m back in 2011 for him(a young defender). psg were willing to splash £50m on him making him the most expensive defender ever. and he is absolutely loved back in brazil.

The best goal was deffo from that Irish Doris. She had to beat the defender to the ball, flip it with her right, then turn away from the goal before ssending it the opposite direction to goalkeeper.

Sanchez was very good, but he chested the ball parallel to the goal, then a superb lob to get it over the arriving keeper.

Van Persie's shouldn't even have been in the running, other than it was different.

can't believe Bale didn't win, he's been head and shoulders above anyone else over the last year, won a Spanish cup and champions league single handedly

he'll get it in 2017 I assume, after Wales win the euros

I assume AVB won coach of the year? (joke)

Roy Hodgson taking an absolute whalloping on Twitter, some of it is hilarious too.

Roy Hodgson's Top 3 owls:
3. Barn Owl
2. Snowy Owl
1. Javier Mascherano

Roy Hodgson' s top 3 snooker players

3.S. Hendry
2. R. Osullivan
1. J. Mascherano

Roy Hodgson's top 3 dinners:
1, Javier Mascherano
2, Bangers and Mascherano
3, Sausage and Mascherano.

15 out of the 30 nominees:

Sergio Aguero (Emirates Marketing Project)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund)
Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Kevin de Bruyne (Emirates Marketing Project)
Paulo Dybala (Juventus)
Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid)
Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)
Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus)
Zlatan Ibrahmovic (Manchester United)
Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
Koke (Atletico Madrid)
Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern München)

What everyone really wants to know though is how Messi will top these:

messisuits.jpg

Sergio Aguero (Emirates Marketing Project)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund)
Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Kevin de Bruyne (Emirates Marketing Project)
Paulo Dybala (Juventus)
Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid)
Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)
Gonzalo Higuain (Juventus)
Zlatan Ibrahmovic (Manchester United)
Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
Koke (Atletico Madrid)
Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)
Robert Lewandowski (Bayern München)
Hugo Lloris (Tottenham)
Riyad Mahrez (Leicester)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
Thomas Müller (Bayern München)
Manuel Neuer (Bayern Mücnhen)
Neymar (Barcelona)
Dimitri Payet (West Ham)
Pepe (Real Madrid)
Paul Pogba (Manchester United)
Rui Patricio (Sporting)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Luis Suárez (Barcelona)
Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
Arturo Vidal (Bayern München)

If fudging Pepe is considered among the 30 best players in the world then Alderweireld should be a shoe in. Mahrez and Vardy's best performances were in 2015. The main criteria seems to be that you play for one of Juve, Bayern, Barca, Real or (for now) Atletico.

Vardy? How come? A striker with a whopping 11 PL goals to his name in 2016?

In comparison, Kane has 18, and he's been out injured for a month or so.

Vardy's only there because Leicester won the title, IMO. He had a good season, but as some already pointed out, his best half of last season was in 2015.

Vardy? How come? A striker with a whopping 11 PL goals to his name in 2016?

In comparison, Kane has 18, and he's been out injured for a month or so.

Vardy's only there because Leicester won the title, IMO. He had a good season, but as some already pointed out, his best half of last season was in 2015.

I think helping teams win titles is part of the thinking when they decide on this award, despite it being a "individual award". I think that's fair, titles are quite important in football. Vardy being one of the main reasons Leicester won the league earned him a nomination and I think that's fair.

If fudgeing Pepe is considered among the 30 best players in the world then Alderweireld should be a shoe in. Mahrez and Vardy's best performances were in 2015. The main criteria seems to be that you play for one of Juve, Bayern, Barca, Real or (for now) Atletico.

I think Pepe is another one similar to Vardy, and like you point out Mahrez. Pepe started 6 games and was a very important part of the Portugal team that won the European Championship. Just months after he started the CL final they won and he's been an important part of that Real Madrid team too.

It doesn't make him one of the best 30 footballers in the world, but it does make him one of the 30 footballers in the world with the best 2016.

I think helping teams win titles is part of the thinking when they decide on this award, despite it being a "individual award". I think that's fair, titles are quite important in football. Vardy being one of the main reasons Leicester won the league earned him a nomination and I think that's fair.

Fair enough if that's a part of the criteria (which I haven't looked up). Although I still don't think he's set the footballing world alight in 2016, definitely not after the summer. Had it been an award for the 2015/2016 season, it would've been a different story.

Also; and this is a yearly discussion, why the heck to they announce the nominees for 2016 more than two months before the end of the year? It's strange.

Fair enough if that's a part of the criteria (which I haven't looked up). Although I still don't think he's set the footballing world alight in 2016, definitely not after the summer. Had it been an award for the 2015/2016 season, it would've been a different story.

Also; and this is a yearly discussion, why the heck to they announce the nominees for 2016 more than two months before the end of the year? It's strange.

I'm not sure there even are set criteria. But winning titles and helping your team to win titles should be a part of it imo.

Back