• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Close. I was also getting at the fact that some fans seem to believe every rumour from every rag and attention seeker, viewing it as failure when the made up stories don't materialise.

As you said, AVB knows what's going on and knows the game well enough to understand that "I want a new toy, get me a new toy" only works for Chelsea and City.

It's got nothing to do with rumours. The last 2 windows resulted in nothing - I'm not buying that Adebayor or Dempsey were on AVB's radar. I get that he's not wanting a brand new set of eleven players.

And I don't buy into this myth that Spurs somehow resurrected his career. If we didn't pick him up, some other club would have.

It's got nothing to do with rumours. The last 2 windows resulted in nothing - I'm not buying that Adebayor or Dempsey were on AVB's radar. I get that he's not wanting a brand new set of eleven players.

And I don't buy into this myth that Spurs somehow resurrected his career. If we didn't pick him up, some other club would have.

Maybe his priorities were elsewhere. Maybe Lloris and Dembele were more important to him.

AVB would have net Levy and understood our transfer policies and capabilities well before joining. If he had an issue with it he wouldn't be our manager - to suggest anything else without a shred of evidence is ludicrous.

We were linked to Lloris and Dembele long before AVB came in.

Firstly, let's just use facts rather than ITK flimflam, otherwise I can state that we're buying Ronaldo and then throw my toys out of the pram in September when it doesn't happen.

Secondly, I'd be very surprised if the incoming manager didn't have some say over at least the kind of players he wanted if not individuals. Especially as he was waiting for a contractual period to end before signing.

Firstly, let's just use facts rather than ITK flimflam, otherwise I can state that we're buying Ronaldo and then throw my toys out of the pram in September when it doesn't happen.

Secondly, I'd be very surprised if the incoming manager didn't have some say over at least the kind of players he wanted if not individuals. Especially as he was waiting for a contractual period to end before signing.

Indeed, someone will be saying they are all Redknapp signings soon.

I can't remember us being linked with Lloris before AVB came in? Redknapp wanted Dembele/Vertonghen but both are decent players so it's only natural a new incoming manager would also want them.

don't recall interest in Dembele while Redknapp was in charge, although it wouldn't be a surprise if he did i guess.

definitely recall interest in Lloris the summer previous, reported interest at least.

we were interested with Dembele years ago, before he signed for Fulham, no idea who was in charge then though? Jol maybe? Might even have been under Ramos.

He is still our manager, then?

I can't wait for the season to start. fudge me Redknapp was our manager about this time last year.

got to feel sorry for AVB

last season he lost Modric

this summer he is likely to lose Bale

Back