• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Just been interviewed on SSN. Wouldn't talk about the Barcelona speculation, said it's a persons health that is the topic and it is not right to talk about it

Just been interviewed on SSN. Wouldn't talk about the Barcelona speculation, said it's a persons health that is the topic and it is not right to talk about it

Total class as always. He's right. fudge everyone who has continually tried to undermine us this summer.

AVB and Bale will be here until 2014.

Both are very young and have plenty of time to think about their future. Just like Bale, AVB will be making a big mistake if he moves to a big club like Barcelona now. I think AVB still needs to learn more before becoming a successful manager at big clubs.

=D>=D>=D>=D>

Right on bud! Is there a queue to undermine us? To the whole lot of them.... go fudge yourself:evil::evil::evil:

Ofcourse. As far as I know, there have always been speculation and rumours about Spurs every year ! The anti-Spurs media simply love to write rumours about Spurs players, managers, chairman and even fans ! You get the feeling they will have nothing to write about if not for Spurs.

I hate to say it, but I can see AVB going. And could very well say he will only sign for Barca if they take Bale.

He has no reason to be loyal to us and must be getting frustrated at our fruitless attempts to sign a striker.

Barca have shown with Rijkaard and Guardiola that they can work with a young manager.

I hate to say it, but I can see AVB going. And could very well say he will only sign for Barca if they take Bale.

He has no reason to be loyal to us and must be getting frustrated at our fruitless attempts to sign a striker.

Barca have shown with Rijkaard and Guardiola that they can work with a young manager.

I assume this is sarcasm and you're taking the tinkle out of our less mentally agile posters right?

I am happy to hear AVB say that we have not finished buying this summer. Makes me feel alot better

Nope - not sure what you're getting at?

I would assume what scara is getting at is the fact that we put a lot of faith in AVB by appointing him after a torrid time at Chelsea AND that he knows more about our transfer policy this summer than the brickstorm of rumours that fans have to put up with.

I am happy to hear AVB say that we have not finished buying this summer. Makes me feel alot better

We've not finished trying to buy, it's whether we actually get a deal across the line. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we failed again. I just don't understand why we are always happy to pay top price for midfielders and defenders but will only consider a striker if we can get hem on the cheap. It's crazy.

I would assume what scara is getting at is the fact that we put a lot of faith in AVB by appointing him after a torrid time at Chelsea AND that he knows more about our transfer policy this summer than the brickstorm of rumours that fans have to put up with.

Close. I was also getting at the fact that some fans seem to believe every rumour from every rag and attention seeker, viewing it as failure when the made up stories don't materialise.

As you said, AVB knows what's going on and knows the game well enough to understand that "I want a new toy, get me a new toy" only works for Chelsea and City.

I'll stick my neck out here to say I believe there is little chance AVB will be going to Barca. He is inexperienced for such a big job, and unlike Guardiola does not have years of experience in their set up to make up for it. His football system does not seem to fit with Barca's style. Laudrup would be a more natural fit imo.

Back