• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

no, I just dont think these teams are very good

but if you want to believe that we have done brilliantly in getting through this group then im happy for you

Have a look at the Europa League groups, we are one of only 3 sides (the other two are Fiorentina and Salzburg) to have won all our games so far.

Have a look at the Europa League groups, we are one of only 3 sides (the other two are Fiorentina and Salzburg) to have won all our games so far.

id expect that from a top 5 club in England and the standard of opposition weve faced.

I don't want AVB out let me be clear but it doesn't matter what I want. It's what Danny Levy wants that matters, and whoever is leaning on him.

So surely the question is will Levy back his man through thick and thin having splashed the wonga or do we see trigger finger Levy if we are well down the table come Xmas.

I think the former but I could see the latter happening also.

Guys stop trading in absolutes please - we are not the best or the worst - we do not "look planless, completely without philosophy or game plan, zero attacking ability" and neither do we look like a well coached attacking unit with lots of ideas and fluidity.

Our season so far as far as my shoddy memory can remember:

Palace - won 1-0 away with a lucky penalty
Swansea - won 1-0 at home with a penalty
Gooners - lost 0-1 away, could be worse tbh
Norwich - won 2-0 at home, scored a good goal which was nice to see
Cardiff - won 1-0 away with the last kick of the game
Cheatski - drew 1-1 at home against 10 men
Wet Spam - lost 0-3 at home, on the break
Villa - won 2-0 away because Townsend's cross drifted into the net
Hull - won 1-0 at home with a lucky penalty
Everton - drew 0-0 away, boring
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - lost 0-1 at home, had loads of attempts but couldn't force it in

Quite a lot of boredom and luck there, but hopefully it will all change, the forwards will find good form and performances will improve during the winter.

I really don't understand AVB's line ups and substitutes though, a few questionable decisions this year.

Do not mistake a Moldovan club side for their national team. This one was full of Brazilians and numerous other nationalities and were an exceptionally well drilled side. Anzhi haven't gotten rid of everyone yet and would have been more than a match for Palace. Tromsø have finished 4, 2, 3, 6, 3, 6 in the seasons before this one, but paid the price for losing their head coach and constantly having to sell their best player every year to balance the books. Still, they should have been nowhere near a relegation fight this season.

Those Brazilians you mention do not have a single International cap between them. In fact, I don't think more than 2 or 3 players in their entire squad have full international caps.

Anzhi are almost a completely different side to last season. They have lost Samba, Zhirkov, Willian, E'too, Diarra, Denisov and others.

Tromso just got relegated from the Norwegian league so how exactly do you think they would fare in the Premier League?

When it gets to the knockout stages, the tournament comes into it's own as you weed out a lot of the crap plus the Champions League dropouts improve the quality, even if it does devalue tournament at the same.

Last edited:
Guys stop trading in absolutes please - we are not the best or the worst - we do not "look planless, completely without philosophy or game plan, zero attacking ability" and neither do we look like a well coached attacking unit with lots of ideas and fluidity.

Our season so far as far as my shoddy memory can remember:

Palace - won 1-0 away with a lucky penalty
Swansea - won 1-0 at home with a penalty
Gooners - lost 0-1 away, could be worse tbh
Norwich - won 2-0 at home, scored a good goal which was nice to see
Cardiff - won 1-0 away with the last kick of the game
Cheatski - drew 1-1 at home against 10 men
Wet Spam - lost 0-3 at home, on the break
Villa - won 2-0 away because Townsend's cross drifted into the net
Hull - won 1-0 at home with a lucky penalty
Everton - drew 0-0 away, boring
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - lost 0-1 at home, had loads of attempts but couldn't force it in

Quite a lot of boredom and luck there, but hopefully it will all change, the forwards will find good form and performances will improve during the winter.

I really don't understand AVB's line ups and substitutes though, a few questionable decisions this year.

To be fair we should have beaten Cardiff by 3 goals at least and I was quite impressed we kept going until the very end as I thought we would never score.

Agree about the rest though, except maybe Chelsea, we played very well in the first half.

3-0 flattered West Ham but some were arguing that they didn't even deserve to win and they simply got lucky. We deserved nothing from that game.

Those Brazilians you mention do not have a single International cap between them. In fact, I don't think more than 2 or 3 players in their entire squad have full international caps.

Anzhi are almost a completely different side to last season. They have lost Samba, Zhirkov, Willian, E'too, Diarra, Denisov and others.

Tromso just got relegated from the Norwegian league so how exactly do you think they would fare in the Premier League?

When it gets to the knockout stages, the tournament comes into it's own as you weed out a lot of the crap plus the Champions League dropouts improve the quality, even if it does devalue tournament at the same.

Yes, not rating other teams makes it a lot easier to brand Spurs as ****.

AVB is like a young Woy Hodgson isnt he....plenty of similarities

Yes, not rating other teams makes it a lot easier to brand Spurs as ****.

I never said Spurs were ****, far from it. I just don't rate the teams in our group and most of the teams in this stage of the Europa League. I thought the whole point of this thread was that we do in fact have a top 4 level squad but the manager isn't utilising it properly?

If you want to cite our defensive record or points total as reasons to argue that people are overreacting to some bad results and performances then that's fair. I just can't see how anyone could rate the 3 other teams in our group as anything even close to average.

Last 38 Premier League matches...

BZHynDnCMAEJ7SU.jpg:large

...AVB out!

:ross::ross:=D>

Superb.

Yes indeed, sack the bastard! :lol:

is that not what WE'RE doing here though? spouting bollox?

I'm glad you said it…the list of comparisons just gets funnier and funnier…in fact, this thread is starting to make me laugh more than get upset (well, OK, only a bit more than getting upset :lol:)

I just want to make PERFECTLY sure I understand EXACTLY what's going on in this thread, and please correct me where I've got it wrong…

Some have lost patience with AVB, having supported him up to approx three weeks ago, but now have decided that we play boring, mediocre ****e that they are up to their tits with and that it's time for AVB to be given the tin-tack. They do not appear to have a preferred candidate as that is someone else's job.

Any positives achieved by AVB, such as walking the Europa group and only letting in one goal (reserve goalie, 41) are simply down to the fact that the opposition was, in fact, '****e' and as such, there for the beating.

We are en route to losing our next 5 fixtures which will put us in the bottom half of the table and so it's probably time to remove him before it gets worse. Clairvoyancy is alive and kicking on GG.

But none of this is a hard criticism, it's an opinion and observation.

Winning is not worth it unless we play superbly attractive football, and the fact that we have 7 new faces and are a third of the way through the season is irrelevant because when you spend one hundred and twelfty gazillion squids, you should be able to click your fingers and work it out pronto.

Finally, we are simply not tough enough when it comes to having a winning mentality, so we should absolutely ignore the 1-0 wins (some of which were gritted out) because they came about because we are really ****ing boring and because AVB doesn't have a clue and isn't working (throw the clean sheet record away this season too as it's obviously because we have only played '****' sides).

p.s. Southampton are a school of footballing genius and we should aspire to all that they are.

Yes yes, perhaps a little sarcastic but I'm sure you rough-bellies can take it!

I vote we all designate ourselves as muppets.
I'll go first and say that I am probably the Fozzie Bear here.

Who's next?

Back