• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

Who are you talking to?
Me?
Do I know you?
Do you know me?
Nah, didn't think so
If aimed at me, you're welcome to apologise for the bolded comment now.
By the way, in the last two seasons I estimate I've spent about 4 grand going to various games home and away when time (and budget -as it could be called!) has allowed. Before that? Wouldn't like to guess. What's your 'paying fan' outlay been in that similar time frame?

Nah not you, the ones who are always on match threads week on week.

Not quite 4 grand since my kids came along. Before 2007 I was at 3/4 of away games consistently for around a decade!

Seen it all including the baron 90s but this season has been a massive disappointment so far.

Nah not you, the ones who are always on match threads week on week.

Not quite 4 grand since my kids came along. Before 2007 I was at 3/4 of away games consistently for around a decade!

Seen it all including the baron 90s but this season has been a massive disappointment so far.

Fair dos, sorry, I get agitated by those comments sometimes and flare up! Yes, the 90s…I think some of the worst times were then, only surpassed by Terry Neil and what he left Burky to deal with, the ****ing scumbag (that and seeing WIllie ****ING Young in our shirt!)…I tend to make it over for a few away games every season and a few home ones…will be over in the New Year. Always prefer away days! Always have, since the early early days...

I'm glad you said it…the list of comparisons just gets funnier and funnier…in fact, this thread is starting to make me laugh more than get upset (well, OK, only a bit more than getting upset :lol:)

I just want to make PERFECTLY sure I understand EXACTLY what's going on in this thread, and please correct me where I've got it wrong…

Some have lost patience with AVB, having supported him up to approx three weeks ago, but now have decided that we play boring, mediocre ****e that they are up to their tits with and that it's time for AVB to be given the tin-tack. They do not appear to have a preferred candidate as that is someone else's job.

Any positives achieved by AVB, such as walking the Europa group and only letting in one goal (reserve goalie, 41) are simply down to the fact that the opposition was, in fact, '****e' and as such, there for the beating.

We are en route to losing our next 5 fixtures which will put us in the bottom half of the table and so it's probably time to remove him before it gets worse. Clairvoyancy is alive and kicking on GG.

But none of this is a hard criticism, it's an opinion and observation.

Winning is not worth it unless we play superbly attractive football, and the fact that we have 7 new faces and are a third of the way through the season is irrelevant because when you spend one hundred and twelfty gazillion squids, you should be able to click your fingers and work it out pronto.

Finally, we are simply not tough enough when it comes to having a winning mentality, so we should absolutely ignore the 1-0 wins (some of which were gritted out) because they came about because we are really ****ing boring and because AVB doesn't have a clue and isn't working (throw the clean sheet record away this season too as it's obviously because we have only played '****' sides).

p.s. Southampton are a school of footballing genius and we should aspire to all that they are.

Yes yes, perhaps a little sarcastic but I'm sure you rough-bellies can take it!

I vote we all designate ourselves as muppets.
I'll go first and say that I am probably the Fozzie Bear here.

Who's next?

=D>

I'm glad you said it…the list of comparisons just gets funnier and funnier…in fact, this thread is starting to make me laugh more than get upset (well, OK, only a bit more than getting upset :lol:)

I just want to make PERFECTLY sure I understand EXACTLY what's going on in this thread, and please correct me where I've got it wrong…

Some have lost patience with AVB, having supported him up to approx three weeks ago, but now have decided that we play boring, mediocre ****e that they are up to their tits with and that it's time for AVB to be given the tin-tack. They do not appear to have a preferred candidate as that is someone else's job.

Any positives achieved by AVB, such as walking the Europa group and only letting in one goal (reserve goalie, 41) are simply down to the fact that the opposition was, in fact, '****e' and as such, there for the beating.

We are en route to losing our next 5 fixtures which will put us in the bottom half of the table and so it's probably time to remove him before it gets worse. Clairvoyancy is alive and kicking on GG.

Winning is not worth it unless we play superbly attractive football, and the fact that we have 7 new faces and are a third of the way through the season is irrelevant because when you spend one hundred and twelfty gazillion squids, you should be able to click your fingers and work it out pronto.

Finally, we are simply not tough enough when it comes to having a winning mentality, so we should absolutely ignore the 1-0 wins (some of which were gritted out) because they came about because we are really ****ing boring and because AVB doesn't have a clue and isn't working (throw the clean sheet record away this season too as it's obviously because we have only played '****' sides).

p.s. Southampton are a school of footballing genius and we should aspire to all that they are.

Who's next?

Some great points here.

Who's next?

Well said Sir.

I'll be Beaker (Gary Doherty maybe). Always my favourite. Beaker that is. Not Gary.

Last 38 Premier League matches...

BZHynDnCMAEJ7SU.jpg:large

...AVB out!

I dont really see your point.
This includes half a season of Bale at his peak.
Bale is no longer here.
We have yet to find some other way of scoring.

Bale is no longer here.

I think the point of this is that AVB was in charge during this period. Unless you think that he had nothing to do with Bale's form and nothing to do with how the team played to enable Bale to function in that way. I do agree that we have to find another way of scoring though.

Well said Sir.

I'll be Beaker (Gary Doherty maybe). Always my favourite. Beaker that is. Not Gary.

I will forever remember 'that' goal in the semi-final…the look of shock on his face as Iversen's rocket smacked off his head and flew intothe net. That shot was heading for row Z!

Ahhhhh…Ginger Pele…those were the days eh? :lol:

AVB has been trying to get Plan A to work for 73 games. It still doesn't despite changing most of the team to fit it. It never will because AVB's system is flawed.
This is the best squad we've ever had, it's been totally wasted.

Bale is no longer here.

Don't let things like the fact that table is an absolute load of nonsense get in the way. It shows a non-existent league table in which Spurs are third. THIRD I say. We must be amazing.

I enjoyed reading Steff's post because it actually lists a lot of issues before providing silly commentary next to them. If you take away the daft sarcasm from the post it actually lists most of the legitimate points that posters have made in this thread.

The Superfan 5000 phalanx like to spin things, where as there is a realistic minority who base their argument on what they have witnessed on the field, rather than suspicious league tables encompassing results over two seasons. On one hand some people think our EL group was challenging, and the fact we have beaten teams from Moldova and Norway should be held up to highlight AVB's managerial prowess. Others think that with our resources we should be topping this group, and actually were we not it would be embarrassing.

I'd go so far as to say that the EL has been crucial for AVB because it has given us games against weak opposition in which we could actually score - we haven't looked good in the process - but we have managed to score goals. Without these games we'd have had a total of 6 goals from open play to celebrate all season, and even the 'we're on the right track' phalanx would be singing a different tune.

Its funny that Steff sees it appropriate to attack clairvoyance. I would have said that there is more merit in discussing where we might be in a couple of games time than using tables that don't exist to prove how great we are.

And no matter how anyone wants to dress it up we are 100% devoid of attacking philosophy. If we aren't can't someone please enlighten me as to how we go about scoring? To me it looks like we have no idea and rely on long shots and penalties. I have to agree its great to grind out one - nil wins, but not when they're by the virtue of penalty awards that are so soft 95% of posters in the match day thread actually said they felt embarrassed. Grinding out a win whereby you score a legitimate goal is one thing, not being able to break down Hull without the assistance of a compliant referee is quite another.

The penalties against Hull and Swansea were just shocking decisions.

But, time will tell and we'll see where this leads. By the criteria of not being able to predict or discuss forthcoming games were in a position where we have to first wait for the results otherwise were just playing at clairvoyance. So ill stop short of saying I think we'll lose the next two without scoring, and just say the next two games are going to be very tough, and it'll be interesting to see how this thread develops once they have been played.

Last edited:
Bale is no longer here.

so what we need is a table where we take away the goals and assists by each clubs most influential player?

Which many have tried, only to be met with excuses like poor performances or "when we lose our next two games it's not gonna look so good."

Fair enough, if you feel that this season has been good so far littered with encouraging performances then good-o. Debating the teams performances during matches is surely has its place on a football forum though?

Since when has the opinion "i'm not convinced by our performances and feel we look turgid and toothless" been an excuse? Its not an excuse, its an observation.

A couple of questions for you: do you think the penalty awards were just? Do you think without them the picture would look a lot different? How many points do you think we'll take from our next two games? Do you see cause for optimism in our performances this season?

And I must add there is far more credence in hypothesising over the coming fixtures than welding a table together than spans parts of two different seasons as proof that were a good team today.

Don't let things like the fact that table is an absolute load of nonsense get in the way. It shows a non-existent league table in which Spurs are third. THIRD I say. We must be amazing.

I enjoyed reading Steff's post because it actually lists a lot of issues before providing silly commentary next to them. If you take away the daft sarcasm from the post it actually lists most of the legitimate points that posters have made in this thread.

The Superfan 5000 phalanx like to spin things, where as there is a realistic minority who base their argument on what they have witnessed on the field, rather than suspicious league tables encompassing results over two seasons. On one hand some people think our EL group was challenging, and the fact we have beaten teams from Moldova and Norway should be held up to highlight AVB's managerial prowess. Others think that with our resources we should be topping this group, and actually were we not it would be embarrassing.

I'd go so far as to say that the EL has been crucial for AVB because it has given us games against weak opposition in which we could actually score - we haven't looked good in the process - but we have managed to score goals. Without these games we'd have had a total of 6 goals from open play to celebrate all season, and even the 'we're on the right track' phalanx would be singing a different tune.

Its funny that Steff sees it appropriate to attack clairvoyance. I would have said that there is more merit in discussing where we might be in a couple of games time than using tables that don't exist to prove how great we are.

And no matter how anyone wants to dress it up we are 100% devoid of attacking philosophy. If we aren't can't someone please enlighten me as to how we go about scoring? To me it looks like we have no idea and rely on long shots and penalties. I have to agree its great to grind out one - nil wins, but not when they're by the virtue of penalty awards that are so soft 95% of posters in the match day thread actually said they felt embarrassed. Grinding out a win whereby you score a legitimate goal is one thing, not being able to break down Hull without the assistance of a compliant referee is quite another.

The penalties against Hull and Swansea were just shocking decisions.

But, time will tell and we'll see where this leads. By the criteria of not being able to predict or discuss forthcoming games were in a position where we have to first wait for the results otherwise were just playing at clairvoyance. So ill stop short of saying I think we'll lose the next two without scoring, and just say the next two games are going to be very tough, and it'll be interesting to see how this thread develops once they have been played.

This

No, what you need to do is look at this seasons table to see how we've been doing.

On this very page people have been complaining about periods stretching longer than this season. How results spanning into last season can be irrelevant to that debate I can't understand. It might not be relevant to the point you're making, but that's not the only discussion going on.

It's boring, uninteresting and dull! It's ok if you sit at home watching spurs on an internet stream which you so obviously do but for us paying fans it's very frustrating!

A win cannot mask the reality, our style of play is awful and we are not winning that many games playing this way.

I think there are many posters who are desperate to cling onto whole that avb has a plan and it will work but personally I any see it.

Have you read the official match threads?

Based on the negativity and complaining in those I seriously doubt the lines between fans at the games and fans watching at home lines up quite as well with those wanting AVB out and those supporting him as you seem to indicate.

Back