• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Australian Open 2012

Nadal - what a clam!
fudging dago choker

Is that OK Southstand? - Isa that how I show my "knowledge" of the game...........................

its amazing to think that i made it onto the couch at 9am tis morning and come 3pm i'm still there glued to the tv. Epic stuff. It really is hard to see how a sport can ever be played to a better standard than this.

Note to all pro footballers...........these two warriors played 4 games of football in a row. 6 hrs

chappeau too rafa + novak

Djokovic has Nadal's number.

I hate Nadal's style of play with the heavy topspin moonballs!! Joker has figured out you ca just hit through him with a flat ball.

He will win at Roland Garros.

its amazing to think that i made it onto the couch at 9am tis morning and come 3pm i'm still there glued to the tv. Epic stuff. It really is hard to see how a sport can ever be played to a better standard than this.

Note to all pro footballers...........these two warriors played 4 games of football in a row. 6 hrs

chappeau too rafa + novak

They reckon they would have lost up to 10 pounds in fluids during the match.....the savings grace was it was a night match.......imagine 3pm in 35 degree heat!!

I want to know what Djokovic' diet was being able to come through that match with Murray and a day later be able to go nearly 6 hours in around 30C climate

Nah, es too skinny!!

Ice baths and a fudging shed load of carbs does the trick. Murray eats a brick load of sushi apparently.

Everything in moderation.

But as a general rule, unless you're an athlete, a carb heavy diet will make you fat.

A fat / protein heavy diet will not. Obesity is a fairly new trait in humans and is cause by sugar predominantly.

Oh and generally, fat gives taste to food. And fat doesn't make you fat. (no matter what the food industry tell you!!!)

Sugar and Insulin makes you fat. Both these ingredients are missing from a fat rich diet.

(Usually, if you decrease fat content, you raise sugar / carb levels to compensate)

Yes, of course - my six-pack comment was in jest

I also don't understand skim milk. For me that isn't milk - it is coloured water. Similar to buying a sugar-free ice-cream or a diesel F1 car - the 'essence' isn't there!

The only sugar I take is from fruits and very rarely pudding the missus makes.

Nadal is normally in control of his emotions, except when he plays Djokovic. He reacted to winning the 4th set yesterday as if he had just won Wimbledon for the first time. He has to go out of his comfort zone in order to beat Djokovic i.e. attack more because Djokovic nullifies Nadal's biggest strength, his ability to get to every ball. Imagine how gutted he would have been to have played so well and still lose!

Djokovic has gone to another level in the last 12 months. He has to be the favourite for the other grand slams except maybe the French Open.

He would be my favourite, but the depth of mens tennis is so good that I wouldn't be surprised if anyone in the top 20 won a slam.....they are all good enough

He would be my favourite, but the depth of mens tennis is so good that I wouldn't be surprised if anyone in the top 20 won a slam.....they are all good enough

I agree from watching the game that the level of tennis is high but is usually the same 4 guys in the semis, not knocking them, but it is easier to predict then say gold where we are seeing winners from way down the rankings. I gave uop betting on the golf.

If people rave about Fed, Nadal and Djokovic being so great the must also accept Murray is brilliant. He just needs to break through. I really believe Lendl is already a positive influence.

Everything in moderation.

But as a general rule, unless you're an athlete, a carb heavy diet will make you fat.

A fat / protein heavy diet will not. Obesity is a fairly new trait in humans and is cause by sugar predominantly.

Oh and generally, fat gives taste to food. And fat doesn't make you fat. (no matter what the food industry tell you!!!)

Sugar and Insulin makes you fat. Both these ingredients are missing from a fat rich diet.

(Usually, if you decrease fat content, you raise sugar / carb levels to compensate)
The saying that 'carbs are bad' is absolute gonad*s. We all need carbohydrates to burn for energy, as you sat sugar is the enemy! If you have a look at the back of a can of Red Bull there is a heck of a lot of sugar and a surprising amount of calories (up to 200 for can) - I was very surprised.

Trying to suppress the desire for sugar is difficult, but can be done with a bit of willpower!

Djokovic is an absolute monster. I think he'll win the French and one of the other two. He'll lose one from burn out or bad luck but no-one is really touching him at the moment. He has a huge mental edge over them all.

Back