• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

The number is somewhat irrelevant if they want GLC. They could value him at £27m and us value GLC at £22m....or them value him at £270m and us value GLC at £265m the net difference is still £5m. So would be somewhat irrelvant if they take GLC off us, subject to FFP, tax or another other implications

It's not completely irrelevant given what's happening at Juventus.

Looks like he plays on the left rather than right? And is more of a goal scorer than creator? So more like competition for Son and Richy than Kulu? Seems a bit of a weird one.

And only started 6 games this season - has he been injured, or just lower in the pecking order than others?

Oh well, welcome Arnaut! Hope he does well here.

Looks like he plays on the left rather than right? And is more of a goal scorer than creator? So more like competition for Son and Richy than Kulu? Seems a bit of a weird one.

And only started 6 games this season - has he been injured, or just lower in the pecking order than others?

Injuries and a mix of new coach playing a different system i think.

His gpm ratio is pretty good for a WF

Injuries and a mix of new coach playing a different system i think.

His gpm ratio is pretty good for a WF

Yeah. And actually looks like all his starts this year have been at centre forward - interesting. Maybe the idea is him and Richarlison as flexible backups for Kane and/or Son. Doesn’t feel like our biggest priority, but not a bad addition I guess.

The number is somewhat irrelevant if they want GLC. They could value him at £27m and us value GLC at £22m....or them value him at £270m and us value GLC at £265m the net difference is still £5m. So would be somewhat irrelvant if they take GLC off us, subject to FFP, tax or another other implications
In your first example we receive £22m for GLC and deduct amortised 27/5=£5.4m so we make a net £16.6m this year.
In your second example we receive £265m for GLC and deduct amortised 270/5=£54m so we make a net £211m this year.
Todd Boehly and Fabio Paratici say hi.

In your first example we receive £22m for GLC and deduct amortised 27/5=£5.4m so we make a net £16.6m this year.
In your second example we receive £265m for GLC and deduct amortised 270/5=£54m so we make a net £211m this year.
Todd Boehly and Fabio Paratici say hi.

Book profit, which is more or less irrelevant (unless FFP rules are based on that, which I dont know)

For me Richy is Kane’s back up. He can play left forward but he’s a striker.

Same age as Bergwijn and both right-footed. Will he be club signing... or will I be rub-shining (my rooster).

Over the last four years, Arnaut Danjuma’s career has followed a unique trajectory. No player has flitted between the Champions League and the Championship in quite the same way.
After eight seasons in PSV Eindhoven’s academy and two more with Eredivisie side NEC Nijmegen, the 25-year-old made his name in Belgium with Club Bruges. In Belgium, he gained wider attention by scoring an audacious long-range effort against Atletico Madrid in the continent’s most elite competition.
Four years since this @Danjuma golazo! ♨️
Coming up this week: Club Brugge vs Atlético #OTD || @ClubBrugge || #UCL pic.twitter.com/WyjyGBX3wS
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) October 3, 2022
Danjuma moved to Bournemouth in August 2019 but two unfortunate foot fractures limited his involvement during his first season, which ended in relegation. But during the following campaign, he dragged Bournemouth to the Championship play-offs, scoring 15 goals and registering seven assists as his side dramatically lost 3-2 on aggregate to Brentford in the semi-finals.
Now playing top-flight and European football again, Danjuma has readjusted seamlessly, playing a vital role in Villarreal’s run to the Champions League semi-finals, where they were eliminated by Liverpool.
Danjuma became Villarreal’s all-time top scorer in the Champions League with six goals in 11 appearances and beating Giuseppe Rossi’s previous record of five. He also finished as his team’s top goal scorer in La Liga (10 goals) as they finished seventh in the table.
“A good one to remember” is how Danjuma describes the 2021-22 season to The Athletic.
With numbers and performances on his side, it seemed as though Danjuma would be one of the first names in the Netherlands’ World Cup squad but a muscle problem meant the forward missed the end of last season and the beginning of the current campaign.
The timing of Danjuma’s injury coincided with then-manager Louis van Gaal’s pre-tournament training camps and he was ultimately left out of the 26-man Dutch squad. While he recognised the rationale and difficulty behind the decision, Danjuma firmly believes he did enough to be on the plane to Qatar.
“You always have to respect the opinion of the manager,” Danjuma says. “He’s only got a set amount of players to choose from, which is a difficult decision for him as well. The manager mentioned to me specifically that because of the niggle, I missed the training camps for the national team. They were a big deal for the manager and very important going into the World Cup, so missing those camps definitely didn’t help.
“But I do feel that missing out on this World Cup wasn’t due to my abilities. I still feel what I’ve shown in my career, what I’ve proved to myself, what I’ve done in the Champions League and La Liga, and the numbers I put up, that should have been enough for me to be at the World Cup.”

As a practising Muslim who was born in Lagos to a Dutch father and Nigerian mother, Danjuma saw the opportunity to represent the Netherlands in the first World Cup held in a Muslim country slip agonisingly out of his grasp, but when speaking to The Athletic a wry smile of acceptance begins to take shape on his face as he recalled his reaction to missing out on his first international tournament.
Despite his frustration, his sense of pride in the national team softened the stiff blow of rejection.
“I was obviously gutted,” says Danjuma, who has been capped six times by the Netherlands. “As a kid, your dream is to play in the World Cup. I could have contributed to any success we achieved, so I’m disappointed to not have been a part of it — maybe a bit more so because I believe I could have been of extra value.
“But they’ve done amazing, as well. They went hard against the winners, so you have to give credit where credit’s due — Argentina is a difficult country to beat (the Netherlands were defeated on penalties in the quarter-finals after a 2-2 draw). You always support your country regardless — you can’t help but be proud if they do well.”

Stop it Fabio. You know the Feds are tapping your phone, so they are going to be checking your internet history too.

Reactions: DTA
He seems to know where the goal is and yes he may improve the team but..the way Son has been playing he will only fill in the gap..unless Son finds his form again. So sorry to pour cold water on this as it may only really improve us in real terms if we get a class defender or two.
I know Rome wasn,t built in a day! but its not any good if Tottenham Hotspur takes as long as it did to build it...

Must admit I know nothing about him.

Based on YouTube - he moves like Chris Waddle.

Loves to slow down, often to a stand still, then burst past the defender.

Always seems to be looking forwards.

Seems to play right on the finest margin of being dispossessed Vs beating the defender (not dissimilar to Kulu and Bentancur).
He'll probably lose the ball as much as he'll get the better of a defender in the PL. But he seems like a live wire that will affect the oppositions defensive shape and ask them difficult questions.

Why do people keep mentioning how we should have kept Bergwijn if we are going to sign this guy? Did people skip the part where Stevie didn't want to be here and didn't want to sit on the bench? He left because he couldn't take a golden boot winners place in the team. This guy will clearly be happy to sit on the bench and come on when needed.

Last edited:
Back