• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

He had a year of terrible performances, Nuno got what, a month, AVB, 6 weeks.
He got a 4th place finish at the same time as a run to the CL final…. Levy did the very opposite of giving him time and panicked 12 games in to his first poor season (and massively paid the price for it since).

Last edited:
he set a new record points total for us

and when we fired him, he had more points from the head to head games than he'd achieved in that record points total season

I agree, AVB had an underrated first season. Sadly, the key parts he wanted from Levy, he didn't get - wanted Moutinho, wanted Hulk, wanted Villa, got Dempsey, got Chadli, got Soldado.

As always, he was let down by that glorious chairman of ours you adore so much. ;)

he set a new record points total for us

and when we fired him, he had more points from the head to head games than he'd achieved in that record points total season

Bale baled him out a lot. By the end teams had figured out how to beat us and beat us well. Even worse for him the liverpool game levy had invited a group of potential sponsors to the game (for stadium aswell). The drubbing didn't go down well.

I agree, AVB had an underrated first season. Sadly, the key parts he wanted from Levy, he didn't get - wanted Moutinho, wanted Hulk, wanted Villa, got Dempsey, got Chadli, got Soldado.

As always, he was let down by that glorious chairman of ours you adore so much. ;)

sacking AVB is Levy's biggest mistake, I think he learned from it

Bale baled him out a lot. By the end teams had figured out how to beat us and beat us well. Even worse for him the liverpool game levy had invited a group of potential sponsors to the game (for stadium aswell). The drubbing didn't go down well.

it's not "baled" out when that's the game plan, we had the best player in the world, give him the ball and lock everything else down, to do anything else would be illogical

Baldini was in charge of recruitment. Sherwood even had an argument with him telling him he hadn't a clue about players and we had better in the academy.

He got a 4th place finish at the same time as a run to the CL final…. Levy did the very opposite of giving him time and panicked 12 games in to his first poor season.

the poor league run goes back much longer, it started in late 2018, we were a rabble, the CL run was as much about Pep's idiocy and Ajax's youthfulness as anything we did

the poor league run goes back much longer, it started in late 2018, we were a rabble, the CL run was as much about Pep's idiocy and Ajax's youthfulness as anything we did
The ‘poor’ league run saw us finish 4th…. Which is an incredible finish for the resources the owners provide the manager with (extra incredible in that season of zero signings, losing Dembele and most of our squad going to the very end of the World Cup just before the season).

Baldini was in charge of recruitment. Sherwood even had an argument with him telling him he hadn't a clue about players and we had better in the academy.

A) Baldini can't do anything if he doesn't get the money for it, b) he wasn't in place when Levy spent deadline day haggling over Moutinho and then ran out of time to actually sign the deal. That was Levy, and it was precisely because AVB was so sick of Levy's miserly incompetence that he pushed for Baldini to be appointed.

All sporting directors here follow the same patterns, because that is all Levy's fiscal model allows them to do. Nothing will change here, from AVB through to Conte, until that chairman of ours and his tax exile boss f*ck off.

The ‘poor’ league run saw us finish 4th…. Which is an incredible finish for the resources the owners provide the manager with (extra incredible in that season of zero signings, losing Dembele and most of our squad going to the very end of the World Cup just before the season).

The poor league run was over 2 seasons. It would have had us 17th in the league if i remember correctly. From feb to november.

I’m sure he was against selling…. That’s where your favourite chairman comes in…

that was a mistake too, Bale and AVB had something special, we'd have walked the league if he'd kept them together, probably would have won all 38 games, 1-0, a perfect season

A) Baldini can't do anything if he doesn't get the money for it, b) he wasn't in place when Levy spent deadline day haggling over Moutinho and then ran out of time to actually sign the deal. That was Levy, and it was precisely because AVB was so sick of Levy's miserly incompetence that he pushed for Baldini to be appointed.

All sporting directors here follow the same patterns, because that is all Levy's fiscal model allows them to do. Nothing will change here, from AVB through to Conte, until that chairman of ours and his tax exile boss f*ck off.

Yes because we were paying for a new stadium and training ground. Money was tight.

Ok if you think it would be better spent on the pitch, fair enough it's a valid point.

The poor league run was over 2 seasons. It would have had us 17th in the league if i remember correctly. From feb to november.
We finished 4th the season before…. Despite zero signings…. A far higher position than our 6th place ‘par’.

We sacked the manager who got us 4 top 4 finishes in a row 12 games into his first bad season…. Appalling oversight from the chairman (would be like me sacking my best ever trader, who had brought in huge profits 4 years in a row because he had a bad quarter).

We finished 4th the season before…. Despite zero signings…. A far higher position than our 6th place ‘par’.

We sacked the manager who got us 4 top 4 finishes in a row 12 games into his first bad season…. Appalling oversight from the chairman.

Our form was that of a team fighting relegation. It didn't get better so he was sacked because otherwise we might have been fighting relegation.

Personally i think he should have been given more time to turn it around. Write off a season if we have to. But levy didn't.

Back