• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

At this point I'd rather have less money and be happy almost challenging knowing our constraints, then still have less money and be not happy almost challenging because we invested what money we had to have more money in almost being able to challenge at some point in the future.

Good chat - i doubt anyone would be happy outside of the top 4 for too long, WHL or no NWHL. New stadium doesn't mean we have a right to success.

Last edited:
At this point I'd rather have less money and be happy almost challenging knowing our constraints, then still have less money and be not happy almost challenging because we invested what money we had to have more money in almost being able to challenge at some point in the future.

We're challenging at a higher level than we have for the vast majority of the last 30 years.

Our new stadium hasn't had anything to do with us challenging at a higher level in recent years though has it.

No we haven't had a full season in it yet, with full crowds. This will be the first.

Whilst this is true the fact we are not selling out or very close to each week is a concern.

Whilst there’s alot of social and economic factors that are certainly at play there’s also the dross that’s been served up over last few years on the pitch. It’s a vicious circle at present

I mean it's ludicrous to hear the ott negativity about our post stadium form and lack of progress msinly due to it only being our 2nd full season in, throw the pandemic in to the mix and it just beggars belief really

I think how good we were at the time we moved plays into that. After being a soft touch for my whole football supporting life, we go unbeaten in our last season at WHL with 17 wins and 2 draws. We were only pipped to the league by a Chelsea team who, unbelievably, failed to qualify for Europe the year before. Had we stayed there, it's easy to believe that, short term, we'd have possibly won something (though I'm not sure we'd have won the league with City coming back strong and Liverpool kicking on).

The stadium was definitely the right move long-term. You have to make those sorts of changes and take risks to progress - Levy has shown a lot of vision by taking us there. But there will always be a romanticism associated with WHL particularly as we left it when we were at our strongest.

what age did you play for city’s youth set up from and till? Did anyone you played with make the grade? Recognise anyone later on you’d played against?

I was in the youth set up for 4 years, quite a few players who were there went onto become very good players, notably Joe Corrigan, Willie Donachie, Ian Mellor to name a couple. Big Mal was assistant manager at the time and the youth team coach. Brilliant guy who went onto become Citys manager later and the best coach i have seen working.

I was in the youth set up for 4 years, quite a few players who were there went onto become very good players, notably Joe Corrigan, Willie Donachie, Ian Mellor to name a couple. Big Mal was assistant manager at the time and the youth team coach. Brilliant guy who went onto become Citys manager later and the best coach i have seen working.

Think I want to sit and have a pint or two with you. Sounds like you have a bundle of great stories.

No mentions of Twitter though :)

Think I want to sit and have a pint or two with you. Sounds like you have a bundle of great stories.

No mentions of Twitter though :)

Look forward to it mate, as for great stories well it was a different world then and its not changed for the better in anyway. But as my old lady says i am just a old fart.:cool:

I think how good we were at the time we moved plays into that. After being a soft touch for my whole football supporting life, we go unbeaten in our last season at WHL with 17 wins and 2 draws. We were only pipped to the league by a Chelsea team who, unbelievably, failed to qualify for Europe the year before. Had we stayed there, it's easy to believe that, short term, we'd have possibly won something (though I'm not sure we'd have won the league with City coming back strong and Liverpool kicking on).

The stadium was definitely the right move long-term. You have to make those sorts of changes and take risks to progress - Levy has shown a lot of vision by taking us there. But there will always be a romanticism associated with WHL particularly as we left it when we were at our strongest.

Agreed on where we were before moving in playing it's part in making it harder to see us fall behind, though i think the fact we got that close before with smaller resources shows what can be achieved once we're up and running in the new stadium.

I mean it's ludicrous to hear the ott negativity about our post stadium form and lack of progress msinly due to it only being our 2nd full season in, throw the pandemic in to the mix and it just beggars belief really
You get the feeling only we could build such a stunning stadium with the intention of generating enough revenue and attraction to compete at the top only for a global pandemic to put a massive bat shaped spanner in the works. The stadium move coming at the worst possible time, having finally got an excellent team together but not being able to add to it due to the financial burden it imposed. You have to laugh....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643020607

'Antonio Conte is putting “huge pressure” on Daniel Levy and the Tottenham board to complete four new signings in the last week of the window.

The Spurs manager has made it clear to club chiefs the team needs significant reinforcements to secure a top-four finish this season.'

If true, well in, Antonio. You speak for the fans on this, imo - you've got that cowardly cretin of a chairman backed into a corner, press him to give you the tools you need to do your damn job.
'Football Insider'.....if true, you say?

ROFL

If Villa get Bissouma, they will have made four signings in one window. Coutinho, Digne, Bissouma, Olsen.

It's possible. Ambitious clubs do it. We can, if we try.

Sadly, we have Daniel Levy in charge, so you're probably right and that will be the excuse we use. But we can, if we want to.
Thank f.uck Villa turned up as the poster boy to the 'this is how you effing do it' campaign. :rolleyes:

All their good work in the summer was going to see them leapfrog us iirc

I'm sure some of you would rather we won the trasfer window than the league

Back